Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CLOK

Default CLOK

I've picked up some great GMs who have been running excellent stories and events, and we have a small but dedicated playerbase, so now would be a great time to come check out our MUD.

http://clok.contrarium.net

For those with an evil bent, we accomodate villains (not to be confused with "stupid evil" people just out to kill and grief) over here, as can be evidenced by a sorcerer player character who has been banished from town, but now has accommodations with the resident sorcerer cult nearby. There has been some fun conflict and PvP between the good guys and the bad guys.

The population can be sparse to non-existent during the day. People tend to be around during the evening and often until the early morning wee hours.

Yes, the wiki is still lacking in information, but I've been working since last week to get more of the basics up there, now that we've got more GMs to handle the general workload.

Been checking this game out a bit here and there. It's come a long ways from Farn's other thread he started two years ago. Here's a few looks at rooms today.

In game these are automatically colorcoded so it looks even better.

[Stone Canyon, Highlands] (OutMtRk)
    The trail twists sharply here heading up the mountainside. Sagebrush and weeds grow out from between the dry rocks and gravel.
    The area is mostly quiet.
    It is snowing.
    The area is filled with a deep snow.
    Also here: a large yellow-tusked boar (moderately wounded, exhausted), a large yellow-tusked boar and Gad (tired).
    Obvious paths: northwest, north.

[Shadgard, Market Street] (market) (OutUr)
    This open plaza is filled with townsfolk, some manning booths or stalls, all haggling with each other in an attempt to buy or sell commodities. A narrow alley winds between the General Store and a large warehouse on the south side of the street.
    There is quite a crowd of people here. The area is very noisy.
    You also notice a large sign. There are some homes here.
    It is snowing.
    The area is filled with a deep snow.
    Also here: Beniah.
    Obvious paths: west, northeast.

Pretty awesome to see how far this has progressed from the first 6 rooms of Shadgard to the little MUD it is now.

Stopped by to take a look today... it really is looking good. Props to Farn and the other GMs for their work.

Sorry about the recent downtime while the server was moved, but the server's connection is up and running smoothly again. To make up for lost time, all skillgains will receive +1 to the gain multiplier for the next week. This stacks with study/training/workshop and role-playing award (RPA) bonuses. So you could potentially be getting 4x skillgains (study/training/workshop + RPA + week-long bonus) over the next week.

Blog Entries

Am I still banned for quoting Samuel Jackson from Pulp Fiction? Is cussing still a bannable offense?
    2013 PC FF Champion

Ross#9505 on Discord

You were kicked, not banned, so come on over (reasons for the kick already given in the other thread). Hmm, time for an optional filter. That should keep everyone happy.
    Last edited by Farn; 02-24-2012 at 03:17 PM. Reason: i r no how 2 spel

SAY WHAT AGAIN, I DARE YOU!
    A.M.D.G.

Quote Originally Posted by Gan View Post
    D TEAM UNITE! YOUR HEAD CHEERLEADER IS CALLING, HIS ATTEMPTED RESCUE OF THEe IS FAILING.

The people who connect, /who, and disconnect without logging in are perhaps unaware that if everyone who has done that so far had just stayed connected and logged in, there'd be quite a crowd.

Bump. Great effing game. Population is growing. Impressive GMs.

Not checking it out right now as I am otherwise occupied with mass effect related things, but I will be bookmarking it for later.