Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much the NBA sucks.

1. Default How much the NBA sucks.

That what, 4 days later and no one has made a thread about the first two weeks being cancelled.... This is so awesome for sports. ESPN even showed hockey highlights last night!

I hope the lockout lasts... Over/under how many players are bankrupt by x-mas?

And the thing is, I'm not even really an NBA fan, but I remember how much the MLB strike pissed me off when I was a kid. I bet the kids who are NBA fans are pissed.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorbird View Post
    And the thing is, I'm not even really an NBA fan, but I remember how much the MLB strike pissed me off when I was a kid. I bet the kids who are NBA fans are pissed.
    I really hope it leads to better competition. I'd like to see them cut the # of games down so they count each night... So often these guys pack it in and just don't care. I don't think I've ever seen a full team effort unless it was a playoff game or a game where the playoffs were on the line.

Edit:

As a sport I think basketball is great, College Hoops is one of my favorite things to watch. The NBA product is so stale though.
    Last edited by Carl Spackler; 10-13-2011 at 05:42 PM.

Everyone knows you don't really start watching basketball till the all-star break. It's a huge bummer for me though as Miami has the most exciting and talked about NBA team and everything else in Miami sports is SHIT. The Panthers look like they might finally be pulling out of a 15 year slump but I gave up caring about them long ago, why is ice hockey even in south florida (or San Jose, or Phoenix, or anywhere warm)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting
    (wrathbringer78) I think that's it. Viril is one big obnoxious ambient script.

I stopped caring about basketball when my childhood favorites retired. I can't really stand the players nowadays, but when you grew up with MJ, Magic, Larry, Ewing and Sir Charles, everything else pales in comparison.
    A.M.D.G.

Quote Originally Posted by Gan View Post
    D TEAM UNITE! YOUR HEAD CHEERLEADER IS CALLING, HIS ATTEMPTED RESCUE OF THEe IS FAILING.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEschaton View Post
    I stopped caring about basketball when my childhood favorites retired. I can't really stand the players nowadays, but when you grew up with MJ, Magic, Larry, Ewing and Sir Charles, everything else pales in comparison.
    This.

Also, I think the lockouts are great. Fuck em.

Like the NHL before it, the NBA was a fringe league with a broken system that needed catastrophic change, not to mention one caricaturized by casually interested parties a la Carl's comments.

The odds of getting 30 guys in a room to agree on anything are low. Throw in them being hyper-rich, hyper-egotistical, not nearly as smart as they think they are, etc., and of course you end up losing games. They're owners, not diplomats or geniuses. Monopolies suck, the end.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

I still watch the NBA occasionally and keep up with it mostly just because I get nervous if I am in a room and sports is not on. That said I really couldnt give a shit less about the lock out. I have been wondering for years why they play so many games anyway.
    A message board is a place on the internet you can go to find out with anonymity why you dont speak more often at parties.

I saw a good question posted on ESPN...

"If the players are so willing to take less money to play outside of the U.S., why cannot they do the same here?"

If they were real athletes, they'd be playing hockey. And what The-E said.

In memory of Ken "Zzentar" Dumas.

Gibreficul

AIM = Lord Gibreficul