Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: British Taking Fat Kids Away

Question British Taking Fat Kids Away

The mother and father of seven children, six of whom are overweight, face the "unbearable" prospect of never seeing their four youngest again if authorities act on a threat to remove them.

Three girls aged 11, five and one, and a boy aged five, are to be put up for adoption or "fostered without contact" because their parents failed to help them slim down.

This means the parents will be unable to trace them and the family could only be reunited if the children attempt to find their family when they are grown up.

More...
    Good or bad?

If parents in the United States let their kids get fat -- not just fat, but obese -- should we take the kids away and send them to a foster home?
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

That. Is. Awesome.

Can we tell them Clyde is an obese child so they can take him away?
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

I agree. Baring some insane medical condition (I'm not a doctor, so don't ask me what) there is no reason for children to be as overweight as many are now days.
    Last edited by SpiffyJr; 10-04-2011 at 09:22 PM.
    It must be hard to type with ghostcrawlers penis lodged in your ass. - g++

If your kid is obese then you are a shitty parent, but who would want to adopt an obese kid? Any parent looking to adopt would take one look and be like "no way in hell." Sounds like an empty threat to me.
    Last edited by Thickbeard; 10-04-2011 at 10:39 PM.

Neg rep me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Thickbeard View Post
    If your kid is obese then you are a shitty parent, but who would want to adopt an obese kid? Any parent looking to adopt would take one look and be like "no way in hell." Sounds like an empty threat to me.
    This has been another moment of "If Heartless people ruled the world."

Wow, Nienique is getting proactive I see.

It's a bad idea and worse precedent. Just one more step on the road of government child rearing that can't end well.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    This has been another moment of "If Heartless people ruled the world."
    Why the fuck do I have so much negative rep for truth telling? Who the hell would adopt some fat mongoloid from a poor person's gene pool? Who here would honestly go to an adoption place and look at some MORBIDLY OBESE teenager and be like "I want that in my home, and I will nurture and lovingly provide for this."?

The only adopted children I grew up with were blue-eyed and blonde, and one turned out to have antisocial personality disorder! I am offering discourse on the fucked up nature of our society -- looks before character. Adoptive parents don't give a shit about things like early infantile development or gifted obese children.

"Give me the blonde-haired blue-eyed child, he will match my designer handbag! You say he is antisocial? Whatever, he is cute!"

Neg rep me please.

Who the hell would adopt some fat mongoloid from a poor person's gene pool? Who here would honestly go to an adoption place and look at some MORBIDLY OBESE teenager and be like "I want that in my home, and I will nurture and lovingly provide for this."?
    Why the fuck do I have so much negative rep for truth telling?
    It sure is a mystery.