Thread: Official: GM Kenstrom on Player Requests

Blog Entries

Default Official: GM Kenstrom on Player Requests

Quote Originally Posted by GM Kenstrom
    So in 2010 I asked for a bunch of player ideas into what you felt could be improved in Wehnimer's Landing, or changed, added, renovated, etc. Below I will list all of your comments, and my response to them. But now, I come to you again and ask if you have any other ideas, proposals, stuff you'd like to see, etc. So you know, feel free to share! Post here on the forums, or email me directly if you want. GSKenstrom@yahoo.com

Word.

>>1. Remove Supernode from Hearthstone Foyer and move back to Courtyard

This didn't need to be done, since both are Supernodes already.

>>2. Jousting Arena in WL, so Landing can host tournaments, much like the Ebon Gate jousting

I know Glad Games has been a goal for a long time, but I have no control over it at this time. When I know more, you'll know more.

>>3. Environmental flavor, aka random scripts, of folks from the Empire, Mule or Teras arriving or departing, to enhance the perspective of the Landing being a pioneer, but essential trading port.

I love this idea, and intend to implement it as part of my new Town Atmosphere improvements later this year or early 2012.

>>4. Fishing off the North Dock and Fishing Supply shop

Released this year.

>>5. How about fixing up the brewery on East Ring Road so we can brew our own beer!

That would require a whole new system to code, no can do right now. Although it might be cool to add some inventory or what not in the future.

>>6. More random invasions! More invasions that are less random! More merchants, random or not! More GM interaction!

I'm working on a project with GM Wyrom for an invasion compilation of sorts, so new and old GM's have a good spot to go for critter fodder, plus a stockpile of monsters that'll work good in random invasions so the non-storyline invasions can happen more often. Wehnimer's and of course other towns would benefit from this. More merchant and NPC interaction is one of my main goals for 2012 in Wehnimer's Landing.

>>7. The old Mayor is still missing...

GM Talisker's old storyline has been psuedo-resolved, moved on to new Mayor. A few more nuggets of info involving Stennis' fate ( in Prime ) will be revealed in my current storyline.

>>8. Tykels and the General Store were supposed to get there selections updated

GM Talisker had all of this info and I haven't been able to find it. Updating shop inventory is slated for 2012 so we may have to start from scratch, or some new contests!

>>9. Update the Ye Olde Magick Shoppe with new stuff

I'll add this to my list of shop inventory to look into upgrading.

>>10. Reopen player donations for the museum: I have several items I would donate from quests/sagas over the years

This is done, museum had numerous player donations, and complete renovation with GM Jainna is almost re-ready to be unveiled! More donations will be allowed in the future.

>>11. the bathhouse repurposed a bit with some fixes to some damage

New bathhouse done and released earlier this year.

>>12. finally finish the weapon museum.

I'd like to see this done, and have found some old weapons I believe GM Talisker was working on, but will likely make a contest fort his in 2012.

>>13. fix up the wedding glade. Adding some C plan wedding 'married' verbs wouldn't be hard, sort of like the wavedancer weddings, be a fairly simple code update to 4-5 verbs max, fix the dancing tents.

I have no control over weddings, and I don't want to take away from the Wedding system and revenue. No idea what's wrong with the tents, I will check.

>>14. add some new flavor to HS. Its fairly boring these days.
    Hearthstone has been a crypt for years, but recently the Porch has become a popular spot for folks to gather. I intend to get more intel on Hearthstone and check it out and see what I can do to add more to it. Including more refreshments!

>>15. Frontier Days is coming up, how about bringing back that tent (or whatever structure it was) that was west of the park where you could add flares to weapons.

Lots of merchants and raffles already in the works for Frontier Days 2011. I will look into the automatic flare added tent for some future visits.

>>16. It would also be very nice if you could dye the wooden arrows bought from the fletchers shop please.

No idea on this one. Doubt it's a Landing issue, but I'll check.

>>17. And yes, how about some nice old fashion invasions. No story lines, nothing to follow along with or try to catch up on. Just trolls (or other assorted creatures) attacking, because that just what trolls do.

Addressed this earlier with the invasion issue to try to streamline and make spur of the moment invasions easier to do, by me and others.

>>18. And lots of contests! There are lots of rooms that could use updating or overhauls, let us help!

I'm all about contests, yeeeeeahhh baby. Already did some in 2011, got 2 more planned and some for 2012 as well.

-GM Kenstrom-
    The First Male MHO Guru Ever
    Wehnimer's Landing Guru
    Giantmen Guru

The Ultimate MHO Guide
    (www.gemstonemho.pbworks.com)
    http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...ding/view/1465
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

The man has been doing a stellar job. Thanks for x-posting this.