Thread: MA pairing for ranger / open ambush THW

1. Default MA pairing for ranger / open ambush THW

okay looking to showcase an open ambush THW ranger, I'll probably still pump stalk and hiding for overhunting just in case but its not make or break for me. Wondering about training focus. Assuming points allow it.
    1x armor (2x if I can afford it, shooting for brig...no idea what a ranger maxs for, but I want to cast a teeny bit)
    2x THW
    1x PT
    1x CM (2x if points allow)
    2x Dodge
    1x HP
    1x Ranger
    1x MIU
    1x AS
    2x Stalking and hiding (if points allow)
    1x or 2x percept (if points allow)
    1x whichever lore boosts my ranger spells the most (if points allow)

Simple part aside, I have another issue. I enjoy the MA. I have two pures, a wizard with 27 air ranks for haste, and an empath for cracking bones. As a THW brainsmasher what would be the better overall optimization for my ranger...not necessarily the other way around. I'm looking to have the most fun out of the ranger. He will be dwarf and GoS. The empath can fire spirit and the mage is working on his fire as well. Thoughts thoughts?

can you really beat having a haste bot when swinging any weapon, let alone a THW?

Use that wizard. With 401, 406, 414, 503, and 103, your ranger will have a long time before he has to worry about stance dancing. you can just stand there hasted, swinging for the fences.

I also noticed you didn't include any ambush in your training plan. Even though CM helps affect open aiming, you're going to need some ambush training or you'll keep getting the "You fail to find an opening" message. I read in another thread that someone stopped seeing that message at about 40 ranks
    Last edited by AbnInfamy; 08-24-2011 at 10:13 AM.

You can also make haste imbeds with the wizard and use the other character to have the best of both worlds.

Sharnath
    Weed Mage
    "Whatever befalls the earth, befalls the sons of the earth. Man did not weave the web of life, he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself." Chief Seattle

"The budget should be balanced, the treasury refilled, public debt reduced, the arrogance of officialdom tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands curtailed, lest Rome become bankrupt."
    Quintus Tullius Cicero

5. Default

sweet, good food for thought. Going to slow add ranks of ambush, currently adding some MOC for warcamps.

2x in dodge will leave you hurting for TPs. It's 14/10 per rank after 1x.