Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SPOILERS\\ A Dance With Dragons \\SPOILERS

Default SPOILERS\\ A Dance With Dragons \\SPOILERS

Last warning, don't read if you haven't finished the book.

Thoughts:

One of the Melisandre chapters was extremely interesting. She kept searching Azor Ahai but only saw Jon in the flames. She thought this was a personal failing but this seems to confirm what a lot of readers thought, that Jon Snow is actually Azor Ahai reborn.

The other interesting thing about the Melisandre chapter is where she was discussing the glamour that made Mance Rayder look like the Lord O' Bones, she said an item makes the glamour better. Like the bone armour, or a cloak, or a bag of fingerbones. Who do we know that had one of those? Is it possible there is another Davos Seaworth running around somewhere?

The Jon Snow murder scene was very reminiscent of the assassination of Julius Caesar. No way he is dead.

Important question: who is going to warg into a dragon, Jon Snow or Bran?

Annoyance: We never even see Brienne so we still don't actually know if she is "really" alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting
    (wrathbringer78) I think that's it. Viril is one big obnoxious ambient script.

hahaha Very nice dude thanks for sharing

Bran wargs a dragon.

Victarion is going to kill either Rhaegal or Viserion when he unleashes his horn. Dany rides Drogon, so Bran wargs whichever one Victarion doesn't kill.

Blog Entries

Did anyone else laugh at the scene where Strong Bulwas eats the poisoned locusts? I don't know why I found it so funny, but I chuckle every time I think about it.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

I laughed when Manderly put the dead Freys in the pie, and made those fuckers eat their dead kin.

...And then Manderly went back for seconds.

THE NORTH REMEMBERS.

Wait, he did what? Did I totally miss that???
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting
    (wrathbringer78) I think that's it. Viril is one big obnoxious ambient script.

Thought the book was good.

I'm of two minds as to whether Jon Snow may actually be dead. On one hand, Martin doesn't kill off a "good" character in the book if not. (then again, he actually doesn't kill Brienne either in Crows, so I dunno.) I'm pretty sure Brienne yelled Sword at the end of Crows, meaning she'd kill Jamie instead of getting hanged. I'm not counting Quentyn Martell as anything beyond stupid at this point. On the other hand, Melisandre should be able to bring him back to life, assuming she's like Thoros.

I was really hoping Dany would get the hell out of Meereen already, but doesn't seem like it's happening. Still no idea how they get any of the dragons to Westeros....wooden boats and dragons that breathe fire do not seem to be a workable combination.

Tyrion kicks ass, as always.

Bran will warg into a dragon. That's how he's going to fly.

And I missed the pie part that Rimalon's talking about....must now reread.

Yeah, re-read the Davos chapters closely--and then the one Reek chapter, I think, with the feast where Manderly is doling out pie.

There's a hubbub about the missing Freys (Manderly killed them)... and he cut them up and put them into the giant pies.

Epic.

There's some other stuff too that makes me happy... such as... there's mounting evidence that Quaithe is actually Ashara Dayne...

And it's also neat that Arya kills her mark in the same exact way (biting a poisoned coin) that Jaqen (the alchemist) kills Pate in AFFC.
    Last edited by Rimalon; 08-13-2011 at 09:06 PM.

More Ashara fun: it's also possible she's Septa Lamore, but I'd have to dig a little deeper for that one.

Also interesting are Barristan's thoughts about her. He claims that "Stark" deflowered and dishonored her, right? Yet Barristan also thinks that Ned is an upstanding dude.

...Which means that it was BRANDON Stark that knocked up Ashara. Evidence? If you think about Jojen and Meera's story about the Harrenhal tourney to Bran; Brandon had to convince Ashara to dance with Ned. Works for me. Brandon's all like "do me a favor, gurl, dance with my loser brother, and we'll go elope or something".

I'd have to research the timeline in further detail, but I'm pretty sure it's possible that a few weeks after Harrenhal, Brandon bangs Ashara, gets her pregnant, then Robert's Rebellion starts, he's betrothed to Catelyn, and he makes Ned act like he's in love with Ashara (with the endgame being Ned "fathers" a child with her), all the while keeping Brandon's hands clean.

Ned really did lead a pretty sad existence, if the above is true. Essentially, both Lyanna and Brandon wanted him to claim their bastards as his own. WTF yo. He says himself, in GoT, that BRANDON was supposed to be the one, that everything was set up for Brandon, yada yada yada. Poor Ned. Not a self-starter, that one.

And why the fuck did Benjen take the black? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Starks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimalon View Post
    I laughed when Manderly put the dead Freys in the pie, and made those fuckers eat their dead kin.

...And then Manderly went back for seconds.

THE NORTH REMEMBERS.
    This was the feast he was laughing his ass off at, right? I'll have to re-read it too.