Thread: A Thread for Things That Made You Facepalm Today.

Default A Thread for Things That Made You Facepalm Today.

So, the frowny thread is great. But sometimes, frowning just doesn't do it justice. Sometimes, I read a post or hear of something so stupid, I physically have to /facepalm.

So, let's begin:

Three Forks councilman arrested on assault charge

BOZEMAN, Mont. — A Three Forks city councilman has been charged with assault after being arrested on suspicion of choking and pushing a woman. Councilman Matt Jones pleaded not guilty last Tuesday to the charge in Gallatin County Justice Court. The Bozeman Daily Chronicle reports he was released on a $500 bond after spending two days in the county jail. Court documents say Jones got into an argument with the woman at 5 a.m. on July 3. He allegedly choked her and slammed her arm in a door. Jones told deputies he had pushed the woman and she kicked the door open. Three Forks Mayor Gene Townsend says he doesn’t think Jones violated his oath of office and the councilman is not likely to be punished by the city.

Robbery Suspect’s “Bomb” Turns Out to Be Garage Opener

Police in Henry County, Georgia have charged a man with armed robbery after he allegedly armed himself with a garage door opener and claimed it was a bomb. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution quotes a police report as saying 44-year-old Anthony Craig Dobson walked into a Subway restaurant last Friday and a credit union the next day with a garage door opener that had a telephone cord wrapped around it. Police say Dobson claimed it was a bomb that he would detonate if employees didn’t hand over money. Dobson fled with an undisclosed amount of cash, but was caught after witnesses gave police a description of his getaway vehicle.

(I'm trying to decide who is dumber, the guy, or the Subway workers.)

And, last one for today:

IW - The dumbass wannabe muslim.
    http://forum.gsplayers.com/showpost....05&postcount=1

Blog Entries

It’s as if the president were to thank environmentalists for an award by serving lunch with paper plates and plastic forks that weren’t recyclable: After a two-week delay, President Obama this week received an award from transparency and good-government advocates in a closed-door Oval Office meeting that wasn’t on his public schedule — a snub that’s angering the folks who met with him.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...lO9B_blog.html
    This happened a while ago. I somehow missed it and just heard about it today.
    2013 PC FF Champion

Ross#9505 on Discord

US man dies in 'Russian roulette' incident

A man in the US state of Colorado has died after shooting himself in the head during a game of Russian roulette, police said.

Anthony Martin, 21, and other men were drinking and playing with a gun before the incident, Pueblo Police Sgt Eric Bravo told the Pueblo Chieftain.

Mr Martin died at the scene early on Sunday.

Investigators believe he did not know the gun was loaded, Sgt Bravo said. No arrests were made.

"Apparently [Martin] and a group of guys were playing with this gun throughout the night," Sgt Bravo said, the Pueblo Chieftain newspaper reported.

"They saw this young man playing Russian roulette and it went off and killed him."

Investigators concluded Mr Martin had acted alone and the gun was legally registered to one of the men at the party, Sgt Bravo said.
    I'm kind of shocked that the owner of the gun isn't being charged with some sort of crime. I realize the guy was just a fucking idiot and no one was holding a gun to his head (HA I'm funny!) but you can really give your gun (presumably loaded gun unless someone else actually put bullets into it after he handed it over) to someone knowing they are going to put it to their head and pull the trigger and not be held accountable at all?
    Last edited by Tgo01; 07-11-2011 at 07:19 PM.

I wonder if they ruled that as a suicide?

Quote Originally Posted by AnticorRifling View Post
    Please note I left my computer on and my weiner dogs have been moderating these forums.

Blog Entries