Page 236 of 245 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 2447

Thread: Thread for things that blew your mind today.

Last edited by rolfard; 07-19-2019 at 02:09 PM.

They dug a trench instead of fixing the pipe.

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

"GemStone III takes second place to no other computer game anywhere..."
    I know this was back in 1996 but even then...come on.

Blog Entries

JOIN MY WEBRING!
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    I think there's two milestones that need to be achieved before this stuff reveals it's true potentials. First being a non-invasive form of connecting to a network, which really does not seem to be too difficult a goal to achieve. The second milestone will be the ability to upload, transfer and download consciousness. If they can figure that out, it changes everything about humanity.

I think neuralink will turn out to be Musks most important venture. It ties in really well with his ultimate goal of putting man on Mars.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

7. Default

Before we get there, 3D printing of joint replacements exists, and 3D printing of organ replacements is in its infancy.

Think ... StarTrek replicator.

For conciousness transfers, maybe StarTrek transporter, without the IMMEDIATE send ... slow transfer with some computerized memory retention.

For time travel (or best appearance of time travel), localized gravitational control.

Its always fun to look at current science and engineering progresses and attempt to determine the answer to two questions:
    1) Where is it in the technological readiness spectrum (idea, formulation, shown in the lab ... all the way up to ... commercially available at low cost)?
    2) what needs to be done next to make it more technologically feasible?

~Clunk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    Before we get there, 3D printing of joint replacements exists, and 3D printing of organ replacements is in its infancy.

Think ... StarTrek replicator.

For conciousness transfers, maybe StarTrek transporter, without the IMMEDIATE send ... slow transfer with some computerized memory retention.

For time travel (or best appearance of time travel), localized gravitational control.

Its always fun to look at current science and engineering progresses and attempt to determine the answer to two questions:
    1) Where is it in the technological readiness spectrum (idea, formulation, shown in the lab ... all the way up to ... commercially available at low cost)?
    2) what needs to be done next to make it more technologically feasible?

~Clunk
    From what I have watched of the recent presentation, a "circuit" needs to be within a few mm of a neuron to work. That's why there needs to be internal connections. My guess this will eventually be done using injections of microchips, which is a technology that's already in existence. I don't think most people relish the idea of micro fibers running out of their skulls. A series of micron sized chips on the other hand, I would totally do it.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

"It is the best game I have played in my life!"
    Xanith - Human Warrior
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

19 years ago this morning, I was saying goodbye to some friends and we decided to go do a quick visit to the Twin Towers before flying home. 8AM on 9-11-00, we had a picture taken on the "Top of the World Trade Center"
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.