Page 135 of 245 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 2450

Thread: Thread for things that blew your mind today.

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    Name recognition really isn't a concern. They could pluck the most obscure woman on Earth to play the role and if she looks the part and has the ability to do right by the character, so be it. I'm simply not sure that Munn has the ability to do this. Who knows, maybe this version of Psylocke will be more Braddock than Kwannon, but I sorta doubt it.

Dunno what HBO has to do with anything. The girl playing Jean is on an HBO show, too, and I have some doubts there as well. The main difference here being the fact that these are younger versions of these characters (Jean, Cyclops, and the like... you can't really have a younger Psylocke unless they're breaking the hell out of things which is always possible). I think that could kinda save the situation with SansaJean and as I've never seen her do anything else, I have no idea how she does in other roles. I get the feeling she's more of a legit actress than Munn, though, so it might not be bad. On the other hand, I just can't help but see a disaster in the making with Munn as Psylocke. Perhaps I'm in for a huge surprise. Or maybe we'll see as much of this Psylocke as we did in the other X-Men movie she was in (2 or 3, I guess?); all ten seconds worth of screen time.

As for speaking Japanese... do you suppose there are a lot of Asian/Japanese actresses without such ability?
    Why do you think Sansa Jean is a more established actress? She really hasn't done anything in Game of Thrones. Are you completely high?

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Why do you think Sansa Jean is a more established actress? She really hasn't done anything in Game of Thrones. Are you completely high?
    I didn't say established. I said legit. I dunno, I just imagine the Hollywood-types would consider her more legit than Munn who got into all this because she was an attractive, goofy TV show host on a fucking nerd channel. I could be wrong, but the math seems simple.

3. Default

I didn't say established. I said legit. I dunno, I just imagine the Hollywood-types would consider her more legit than Munn who got into all this because she was an attractive, goofy TV show host on a fucking nerd channel. I could be wrong, but the math seems simple.
    Jesus Christ, dude.. look at her fucking bio instead of saying she only got picked because she's Asian with a pair of tits and a pretty face. She is far more legit than that Sansa girl.

Jesus Christ, dude.. look at her fucking bio instead of saying she only got picked because she's Asian with a pair of tits and a pretty face. She is far more legit than that Sansa girl.
    So she was in a couple of things prior to her G4 stuff. No one remembers her from those gigs and whatever she did appear in back then, no one remembers. And what do you know? Shortly after whatever those things were, she landed on G4 (not to act, of course, but host a TV show since that's where they like to have actors get their 'start') where she picked up a big fan base; shocker, a pretty chick into nerd shit on a nerd channel. No one saw that coming.

As for being 'picked' because of tits and a pretty face... well... you don't seem to grasp how Hollywood works. Next you're going to tell me Kate Upton is a legit actress and was not picked for her pretty face and ginormous tits. Or the model girl who, like any other interchangeable part, was dropped into the Transformers movies after Megan Fox. Yep, she's gone on to greatness as well.

Blog Entries

Next you're going to tell me Kate Upton is a legit actress and was not picked for her pretty face and ginormous tits.
    What? Kate Upton can't act? I.. I.. must have been distracted..
    yours truly,

PC's resident nihilist

6. Default

So she was in a couple of things prior to her G4 stuff. No one remembers her from those gigs and whatever she did appear in back then, no one remembers. And what do you know? Shortly after whatever those things were, she landed on G4 (not to act, of course, but host a TV show since that's where they like to have actors get their 'start') where she picked up a big fan base; shocker, a pretty chick into nerd shit on a nerd channel. No one saw that coming.

As for being 'picked' because of tits and a pretty face... well... you don't seem to grasp how Hollywood works. Next you're going to tell me Kate Upton is a legit actress and was not picked for her pretty face and ginormous tits. Or the model girl who, like any other interchangeable part, was dropped into the Transformers movies after Megan Fox. Yep, she's gone on to greatness as well.
    Theater, journalism, TV shows, movies.. yeah, she is totally not a legit actress. You are just full on stupid tonight.

7. Default

Kate Upton is a model that has been on TV and in a few movies but I wouldn't necessarily call her an actress. Munn studied acting in school and has far more work experience than Upton and Sansa girl combined.

Theater, journalism, TV shows, movies.. yeah, she is totally not a legit actress. You are just full on stupid tonight.
    Journalism? Really? As for TV and movies, like I alluded to earlier, simply landing in them does not legitimize your acting career. If that were so, we'd all call the likes of Upton, Dan Marino, The Miz, and Mike fucking Tyson actors.

Kate Upton is a model that has been on TV and in a few movies but I wouldn't necessarily call her an actress. Munn studied acting in school and has far more work experience than Upton and Sansa girl combined.
    I would summarize the career thusly:

Landed small acting gigs; hey, pretty face and tits, give her a shot!
    Failed to make a mark in said gigs.
    Picked up as a TV show host; gained fans (fans = ratings, Hollywood/TV loves ratings).
    Is inserted more frequently as a bit player in more mainstream shows/movies, plus the one she apparently had a bigger role in; Newsroom.

Where do people know her from? G4. As a show host. Her acting failed her (mostly. I'm sure it played a part in being noticed or considered for the hosting job). Look, people like to see the Uptons and Whitelys (the transformer chick) and if they have a large fan base, they'll land in movies and whatnot.
    Last edited by subzero; 04-30-2015 at 01:56 AM.

Blog Entries

Journalism? Really? As for TV and movies, like I alluded to earlier, simply landing in them does not legitimize your acting career. If that were so, we'd all call the likes of Upton, Dan Marino, The Miz, and Mike fucking Tyson actors.
    Let's be real. She's acting in a movie based on a comic book. Who are you expecting?
    yours truly,

PC's resident nihilist

Quote Originally Posted by tyrant-201 View Post
    Let's be real. She's acting in a movie based on a comic book. Who are you expecting?
    Obviously we're not going to get some real life super hero(ine) for these things and I'm no casting director, so who might better fit the role isn't something I can answer. I just don't think I'm going to like how this one plays out is all. Like I said, I could be in for a huge surprise. Guess we'll see in 2016.