Page 11 of 245 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread for things that blew your mind today.

Learning that Lee Adama is British and stars on Law & Order: UK. He sounds so weird with a British accent.

It's always such a surprise when you find out that an actor you've seen a lot of is from some other country with a weird accent that just doesn't seem to fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    You just got Kong'd.

This thread is silly
    An attractive stranger smiles mischievously and blows a kiss in your direction.

Why is mfire so fail?!?

~Amy

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamei View Post
    This thread is silly
    You're silly.

Quote Originally Posted by diethx View Post
    Learning that Lee Adama is British and stars on Law & Order: UK. He sounds so weird with a British accent.

It's always such a surprise when you find out that an actor you've seen a lot of is from some other country with a weird accent that just doesn't seem to fit.
    Thread for things that... 07-14-2011 10:59 AM Try Eric, Bill and Jason from Trueblood. Scandanavian, British and Australian. So weird.
    Jason was one of the people I was thinking about as I made that post. Eric's accent is the same as on screen and Bill didn't surprise me, but when I first heard Jason speak in an interview I was like LOLWUT. He plays such a perfectly stupid hillbilly that I couldn't imagine any other accent coming out of his mouth.

Charlie Hunnam was another big surprise for me. He sounds so perfect on Sons of Anarchy that I was really surprised to find out he was British. Also that actor who plays the lead on that new show The Glades. He sounds more American than a lot of Americans do, that he's kind of on par with Hugh Laurie when it comes to accent-masking.
    You just got Kong'd.

The weirdest part about that was he was in one of those California commercials with the various celebrities, and he still spoke in an American accent. What's up with that?
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

He's ashamed.

7. Default

Anna Torv!

<3

http://www.jazzradio.com/

and then i wasted an hour having a new second favorite kind of music.

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    The weirdest part about that was he was in one of those California commercials with the various celebrities, and he still spoke in an American accent. What's up with that?
    He probably did it because he could. BECAUSE HE COULD.
    You just got Kong'd.

I felt the same way when I first heard Hugh Laurie speak in the real world, as opposed to on House. The guy is like a classically trained thespian or something.
    A.M.D.G.

Quote Originally Posted by Gan View Post
    D TEAM UNITE! YOUR HEAD CHEERLEADER IS CALLING, HIS ATTEMPTED RESCUE OF THEe IS FAILING.