Page 223 of 245 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 2447

Thread: Thread for things that blew your mind today.

Last edited by Methais; 07-02-2018 at 10:04 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    World News Daily Report assumes all responsibility for the satirical nature of its articles and for the fictional nature of their content. All characters appearing in the articles in this website – even those based on real people – are entirely fictional and any resemblance between them and any person, living, dead or undead, is purely a miracle.

But even if real, how would they punish the one for doing it without punishing the other?
    Last edited by Gelston; 07-02-2018 at 10:24 AM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    World News Daily Report assumes all responsibility for the satirical nature of its articles and for the fictional nature of their content. All characters appearing in the articles in this website – even those based on real people – are entirely fictional and any resemblance between them and any person, living, dead or undead, is purely a miracle.

But even if real, how would they punish the one for doing it without punishing the other?
    By reporting the other one. How else?
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

'American Pickers' discover Aerosmith's van from 1970s in Massachusetts woods

The stars of "American Pickers" discovered a van that belonged to Aerosmith in the 1970s. (Aerosmith50years.com)

The stars of History Channel's “American Pickers” never expected to come across a hunk of rock and roll history, specifically a piece of Aerosmith’s history, while filming their hit show.

Mike Wolfe and Frank Fritz of “American Pickers” were astonished to find the dilapidated van during filming in Chesterfield, a town about 100 miles west of Boston. The episode aired on July 30.

The property owner said the 1964 International Harvester Metro van was there when he bought the land from someone with a connection to Aerosmith.The reality show stars were able to get in contact with Ray Tabano, a founding member of Aerosmith, who confirmed it was the van the rockers used in the 1970s before they hit it big.

"It certainly looks like it. Oh my goodness gracious," Tabano said. "I'm afraid to say how long it is, but it's been like 40 years since we were in this thing. It was like a touring hotel... This is definitely the van. You found it."

The pickers paid $25,000 for the van Wolfe called a “piece of American rock and roll history.”

"We just got a piece of American rock and roll history," Wolfe said. "If you had the opportunity to buy one of the biggest and most iconic pieces of rock and roll history for $25,000 — hell yes you would."

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/08/...tts-woods.html

Blog Entries

Why do people sell them shit like that for so cheap? I'd imagine one of the dudes from Aerosmith would have offered a lot more. Or like, the HardRock even.

Blog Entries

Because the picker guys are able to restore and resell stuff a lot easier than a guy who doesn't do it professionally.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Because the picker guys are able to restore and resell stuff a lot easier than a guy who doesn't do it professionally.
    I'm pretty sure the Hard Rock or Aerosmith would have bought it as is for more than 25 grand.

It is one thing if you don't know wtf something is, but this guy knew what that was.

Maybe he just wanted that thing cleared off his land.
    Last edited by Gelston; 08-10-2018 at 01:48 AM.

Blog Entries

25 grand for a rusted out hulk is pretty fair by any measure.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Saw some clip yesterday of these British (I think) dudes that bought a tank and were stripping it down and found $2.5m worth of gold bullion inside. And like a dumbass he calls the cops to report it and they showed up and took it all.
    Last edited by Methais; 08-10-2018 at 01:15 PM.