Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TWC Hand Crossbow

Default TWC Hand Crossbow

Just a question for those of you who may have tested out doing dual-wield hand crossbows:

Is the round time for TWC hand crossbows calculated in the same way that it's calculated for anything else, using offhand weight penalty and the strength stat?

Based on the calculation as far as I understand it, assuming you get your offhand weight to 3 that'd put you at a 35 strength bonus requirement to fire both hand crossbows at 4 seconds, since the base RT is 4 seconds for the hand crossbow? Same as a longsword.

Seems a little backwards to me that two hand crossbows should be that slow, especially considering they seem like they're on decently fair footing with short swords from a DF perspective, and worse than katars. Katars may require a bit more training due to the brawling, but given the perception and ambush requirements for AS I feel like that is well offset in ranged weapons.

As far as I know strength/encumberance doesn't play a part of crossbows. From my experience, I think the RTs are hard coded...don't quote me on that but I find regardless of strength I'm firing two hand crossbows at 5 seconds, and open Mstrking/focus Mstriking at 5 second too. Why 5 seconds does seems slow, I used to use my bow with 1-on-1 and switch to duel crossbows for 3 or more. However, now I just use my pair of crossbows. I'm currently working my way up to 5 focused strike fire attacks so I'm curious to know if that will remain at 5 second vs. the four.
    "Wait...you complain how your life sucks to your masseuse?"

One time I farted on the set of Blue Lagoon...<slap>

"Tootski?"

www.bellaslament.wordpress.com

3. Default

Mstrikenfire is based on agidex. But from my understanding firing is a flat 5 seconds for twc hand xbows. Strength no longer plays a part in xbows at all. Only longbows

Is there any documentation that has agi/dex breakdown points for archery multistrike? Bow, crossbow, hand crossbow, twc hand crossbow, etc
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

it is the same as melee

Blog Entries

It uses existing TWC DS calculations as well per my conversation with Naijin in Discord.
    Based on everything, it seems it was just a lift/drop for ranged as an acceptable weapon type. Replace edged/blunt with ranged.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

OK then, make sense...for the record my DEX is 129 (54) and AGI is 104 (37) for a total of 91... which according to https://gswiki.play.net/Roundtime reduced my RT by 6 seconds.

"Tootski?"

Thanks for the inputs. I'll test it a little bit to see if strength does indeed play a role in the two-weapon part of it, though it appears here TWC just adds a flat 1 second on firing time as opposed to how melee weapons work in terms of offhand weapon weight and strength offset.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvadere View Post
    OK then, make sense...for the record my DEX is 129 (54) and AGI is 104 (37) for a total of 91... which according to https://gswiki.play.net/Roundtime reduced my RT by 6 seconds.
    Sounds like mstrike RT is capped at 3 targets for melee and since the same is true for ranged your RT shouldn't be increasing
    Last edited by Alashir; 06-22-2020 at 10:32 PM.
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

Quote Originally Posted by Alashir View Post
    Sounds like mstrike is capped at 3 targets for melee - assuming the same for ranged so your RT shouldn't be increasing
    Its definitely not, and I hope it's not a bug. I get 50% phantom ranks from my MOC as a rogue so I'm at 4 focused and 6 unfocused working my way up to 5/7.
    Last edited by Malvadere; 06-22-2020 at 08:43 PM.

"Tootski?"