Thread: Rangers and spells

1. Default Rangers and spells

So i dont fully get spells, and how spell ranks affect stats after you get all the spells from a circle. Once I hit 50 ranks in Ranger circle..is that it? Do I stop training and go more heavily on lores?
    Do all other spell classes do the same? I mean do Empaths stop and train in lores instead of spell ranks?

Blog Entries

Certain spells, like spikethorn (616) are effected by the number of ranks you have in the ranger circle. It will be more effective with the number of ranks you have, as well as your summoning lore. All your spell durations will increase while training more ranger ranks. All spell circles have a CS based with them. Increasing training in that spell circle will increase your CS. For a ranger, though, the only spell that really utilizes this ability is Nature's Fury.

As for your question about what to do when you hit 50 ranks in ranger, that isn't an easily answered question. I'm sure some of the PC rangers will pop in and answer you.
    2013 PC FF Champion

Ross#9505 on Discord

Extra spell ranks will affect anything from durations, to spell strengths (like 616, 607), to CS (635), to utility bonuses (like the bonus to 603 and 604), and to defensive bonuses (613, 618). I think a good stopping point for physical rangers is 70 ranger spells and 20-30 minor spirit spells. If you want your spike thorn to pack a bit more punch, keep training ranger spells as your points allow.

4. Default

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks for the info