Thread: CMan Idea: Eviscerate

Default CMan Idea: Eviscerate

Skill Name: Eviscerate
    Mnemonic: eviscerate
    Hostile: Yes
    Stamina Cost: Stamina equal to (RT/2)*(RT+2*3-1) + 12; where RT = base weapon RT with TWC being primary base RT + secondary base RT - 2 (min = 0). Capped at 45.
    Other Requirements: 5+ ranks of Multi-Opponent Combat. Ranks of Ambush recommended.
    Available to: Rogues
    Prerequisites: None
    CMP Cost:

Rank 1: (Squares) 4; (Semis) 6
    Rank 2: (Squares) 8; (Semis) 12
    Rank 3: (Squares) 12; (Semis) 18

Description: From hiding, you attempt to ambush your opponent(s) with a flurry of attacks. The first attack receives 1/2 the amount of crit weighting you would normally impart by AMBUSHing a target from hiding; each successive attack receives 1/(n+1). E.g., the third attack would impart 1/4 the crit weighting a standard AMBUSH would. Each rank in CMan Eviscerate, past the first, increases the amount of crit weighting for all strikes by 50%. E.g., at rank 3 with 5 attacks, the amount of crit weighting applied per attack would be as follows: 100%; 66.6%; 50%; 40%; 33.3%. The RT for CMan Eviscerate is the same as if the character used MSTRIKE from the open. Additionally, CMan Eviscerate is subject to the MSTRIKE cooldown timer; utilizing CMan Eviscerate during the MSTRIKE cooldown period will incur additional stamina drain on top of the cost for CMan Eviscerate. Lastly, CMan Eviscerate makes use of MSTRIKE SET.

No code has to be inserted here.

Usage:

cman eviscerate {target} - Focus all strikes against a single opponent.
    cman eviscerate - Attack all available targets determined by MoC skill.

Code:
    You concentrate intently, focusing all your energies.
    You spring from hiding, catching your prey off-guard, and unleash a torrent of strikes!
    <as_ds_resolution>
    Justification: Rogues and Rangers using small weaponry have difficulty with non-corporeal and golem-type targets. CMan Eviscerate would allow them to deal significant damage to them. As a result of less crit weighting for each successive strike and the fact that this maneuver cannot be aimed, it would find little use vs corporeal targets; a standard ambush to a vital area would yield significantly better results. Specifically, this maneuver gives the rogue and ranger the ability to kill targets by attrition using small weaponry in a distinctly 'roguish/rangerish' way, while at the same time not being overpowered against corporeal targets. Also, this gives rogues a reason to train in MoC -- from a design philosophy, I think skill synergy is exceptionally good design.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Danical; 05-01-2011 at 09:30 PM.

2. Default

Sick?

Also, I would totally play a rogue if this was put in.
    Last edited by Androidpk; 05-01-2011 at 06:15 PM.

Would this get DS pushdown? I like the idea, but I think I would just use this with bigger weapons and kill pretty much anything in the game with one shot no?
    Still the thug that you love to hate

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorUnne View Post
    Would this get DS pushdown? I like the idea, but I think I would just use this with bigger weapons and kill pretty much anything in the game with one shot no?
    Limit it to small weapons. Daggers, short swords, ect.

Instead of limiting it to small weapons, I'd rather the stamina for it be prohibitive for big weapons.

Stamina equal to (RT/2)*(RT+2*3-1) + 12; where RT = base weapon RT with TWC being primary base RT + secondary base RT - 2 (min = 0). Cap it at 45.

Very nice.