Thread: Rolemaster and Specie Money

Blog Entries

Default Rolemaster and Specie Money

I got bored and somehow wound up on this website. Interesting look at how the currencies Rolemaster and other fantasy games use would cause problems in real life.

http://www.rogermwilcox.com/tin_pieces.html
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

I have nothing to add, except that I loved the Rolemaster system, and it led me to recognize it right away in Gemstone, and decide to stick around.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Very interesting read, and the opinion makes total sense.

I'm the opposite of Archigeek. I found Gemstone and loved the combat mechanics, which led me to Rolemaster and the Shadow World campaign setting, which I played for many years. Sadly its mechanics were just too heavy for most gamers, and it became impossible to find a group.

Selling Stuff and Things
    Elgrim#0001 on Discord or Elgrim on the Official GS Discord server under Nitro Boosters.

Quote Originally Posted by Elgrim View Post
    Very interesting read, and the opinion makes total sense.

I'm the opposite of Archigeek. I found Gemstone and loved the combat mechanics, which led me to Rolemaster and the Shadow World campaign setting, which I played for many years. Sadly its mechanics were just too heavy for most gamers, and it became impossible to find a group.
    Yeah, it was always a complicated mechanical system, but the critical damage charts were still fun.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Yep, Spell Law and Arms Law were masterpieces of descriptive criticals

It was hella fun playing in Kulthea and making NPCs of the existing players I knew. Strom even had a respectable herbalism business on the side :P I pretty much created a campaign just on the GSIII hunting grounds that were open back then. Total blast!
    Last edited by Elgrim; 04-10-2020 at 11:42 AM. Reason: I can't spell

Selling Stuff and Things
    Elgrim#0001 on Discord or Elgrim on the Official GS Discord server under Nitro Boosters.