Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: mottled drakar dice(dice of fate)

Default mottled drakar dice(dice of fate)

Selling my dice from Droughtman's run.

Forged from drakar, the large dice are brilliantly white, though the surface reflects no light. Vivid crimson speckles on the six sides of each die serve as pips, sans the single, which is instead depicted by an intricate etching of a roaring inferno bursting from the ground.

Defensive spells last 3 hours. Never let Invisibility runs its course so not certian if it lasts 3 hours, as well. Can get spells 5x a day. Dice reset to 5 the next day even if you don't roll all 5.

2 = Tremors
    3 = Boil Earth (haven't seen yet)
    4 = Major Cold
    5 = Minor Fire
    6 = Invisiblity
    7 = invisiblity
    8 = Prismatic Guard
    9 = Melgorehn's Aura
    10 = Major Shock (Haven't seen yet)
    11 = Sand Storm
    12 = Call Wind ( Didn't affect either us so not sure if it's negative or positive)

------------------
    Here's the dice rolls I've seen.

(Tremors)
    Didn't save log unfortunately, but it caused us all to fall down.

(Major Cold)
    Icy blue crystals begin to form on the surface of the drakar dice before they finally stop to show a 1 and 3. Suddenly...
    ... 75 points of damage!
    Icy blast deep freezes one perfectly good heart!

* XXXX drops dead at your feet!

The freezing ball of pure cold strikes XXXX, blossoming into a much larger sphere of frost upon impact.

The drakar dice then disappear, only to reappear in XXXX's hand once again.

(Minor Fire)
    Spectral red flames lick at the turning drakar dice before they finally stop to show a 4 and 1. Suddenly...
    ... 60 points of damage!
    Left hand burned off. Only a stump remains.
    You are stunned for 7 rounds!

The drakar dice then disappear, only to reappear in your hand once again.

(Invisibility)
    The drakar dice grow nebulous, seeming to roll right through each other before they finally stop to show a 2 and 5. Suddenly...
    XXXX suddenly disappears.

The drakar dice then disappear.

(Prismatic Guard)
    The drakar dice grow transparent, flickering inside with a rainbow of sparkly light before finally stopping to show a 2 and 6. Suddenly...
    Multicolored rays shoot out of your body and flow into a shimmering sphere around you.

(Melgorehn's Aura)
    The drakar dice begin to glow with an ambient light before finally stopping to show a 3 and 6. Suddenly...
    A luminescent aura begins to swirl around you.

(Sandstorm)
    A fine trail of beige powder forms behind the rolling drakar dice before they finally stop to show a 6 and 5. Suddenly...
    A swirling whirlwind drifts into the area, moving slowly towards you.

(Call Wind)
    As the drakar dice roll quickly, the sound of a phantom breeze reaches your ears before they finally stop to show a 6 and 6. Suddenly...
    A gust of wind tugs at your sleeves. Suddenly, a fierce wind rips through the area, scattering everything in its path and making it difficult to remain standing.
    The wind then subsides.

------------------
    LORESONG

Cradling the drakar dice in your hand, you roll them around slowly as you begin to sing. Your eyes flutter shut as images begin to take shape behind them. The faint smell of smoke and liquor tingles your nose, and you see before you a seedy room, the dim light making the smoke swirl like a stale mist around four men seated at a square table. A dark elf sits on one side, rolling a pair of dice around in his palm as he narrows his eyes and studies the others: a sylvan, a halfling, and a human.
    The vision grows dim.

Your voice rises, urging the images to remain strong. The scene blurs, then as it clears you see the four men in the midst of a game of dice. The human rolls, scowling as he clearly does not get the roll he had hoped for. He pushes the last of a small pile of coins toward the dark elf.
    "You know that's not nearly what you owe me," the elf says somberly.

The human glances at him, his eye twitching nervously. "I'm good for it, Ylzar. I swear I am!" The dark elf scowls, and turns toward the Sylvan. "Roll them." With a shift of his weight, the sylvan rolls the dice, staring as they stop.

The vision grows dim.

Once again the dim, smoky room emerges behind your eyes. The halfling is shaking a pair of dice frantically, his eyes darting to the dark elf again and again. You notice the sylvan, his head on his arms on the table, barely moving, the coins that had been near him gone, while the dark elf's pile of silver towers.

"Roll them!" The halfling gives a startled squeak and tosses the dice onto the table. His eyes grow wide as they tumble, and his face grows pale as they stop. He slides the last of his silvers to Ylzar with a trembling hand. The vision grows dim.

Unable to stop the barrage of song coming from your lips, you sing louder, coaxing the dice to give up the rest of their tale. The vision returns, but the dark elf is on his feet, his arms raised in the air. He chants cryptic words as the others stare at him in terror, whimpering, imploring him to stop. Their abject pleas fall on deaf ears as Ylzar throws his arms in the air and screams out.

"It is the final time, you miserable wretches! You will never play me for a fool again!" The vision grows dim.

With the last of your breath, you force your aching voice to continue. You see the dark elf Ylzar standing alone near the table, three sets of dice nonchalantly tumbling over one another in his palm. An almost imperceptible smile, touches his lips. He clenches his fist around the dice, and spectral light oozes from between his fingers.

"Your souls then, if not your silvers," he whispers toward the dice as he laughs softly. The vision grows dim.

Some mottled drakar dice sit in your hand before twitching slightly, sending a slight shock into your palm. The dice fall still.

------------------

MB: Pending due to investigation.
    CB:
    BO: Pending due to investigation.

Will Deliver these to anywhere chronomages go plus FWI.
    Trade offers considered with items for locksmithing, brawling, water walking, mobility.
    Last edited by gs4-relvar; 03-18-2011 at 02:14 AM.
    Player of
    Relvar

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gs4-relvar View Post
    Selling my dice from Droughtman's run.

Forged from drakar, the large dice are brilliantly white, though the surface reflects no light. Vivid crimson speckles on the six sides of each die serve as pips, sans the single, which is instead depicted by an intricate etching of a roaring inferno bursting from the ground.

Defensive spells last 3 hours. Never let Invisibility runs its course so not certian if it lasts 3 hours, as well. Can get spells 5x a day. Dice reset to 5 the next day even if you don't roll all 5.

2 = Tremors
    3 = Boil Earth (haven't seen yet)
    4 = Major Cold
    5 = Minor Fire
    6 = Invisiblity
    7 = invisiblity
    8 = Prismatic Guard
    9 = Melgorehn's Aura
    10 = Major Shock (Haven't seen yet)
    11 = Sand Storm
    12 = Call Wind ( Didn't affect either us so not sure if it's negative or positive)

------------------
    Here's the dice rolls I've seen.

(Tremors)
    Didn't save log unfortunately, but it caused us all to fall down.

(Major Cold)
    Icy blue crystals begin to form on the surface of the drakar dice before they finally stop to show a 1 and 3. Suddenly...
    ... 75 points of damage!
    Icy blast deep freezes one perfectly good heart!

* XXXX drops dead at your feet!

The freezing ball of pure cold strikes XXXX, blossoming into a much larger sphere of frost upon impact.

The drakar dice then disappear, only to reappear in XXXX's hand once again.

(Minor Fire)
    Spectral red flames lick at the turning drakar dice before they finally stop to show a 4 and 1. Suddenly...
    ... 60 points of damage!
    Left hand burned off. Only a stump remains.
    You are stunned for 7 rounds!

(Invisibility)
    The drakar dice grow nebulous, seeming to roll right through each other before they finally stop to show a 2 and 5. Suddenly...
    XXXX suddenly disappears.

The drakar dice then disappear.

(Prismatic Guard)
    The drakar dice grow transparent, flickering inside with a rainbow of sparkly light before finally stopping to show a 2 and 6. Suddenly...
    Multicolored rays shoot out of your body and flow into a shimmering sphere around you.

(Melgorehn's Aura)
    The drakar dice begin to glow with an ambient light before finally stopping to show a 3 and 6. Suddenly...
    A luminescent aura begins to swirl around you.

(Sandstorm)
    A fine trail of beige powder forms behind the rolling drakar dice before they finally stop to show a 6 and 5. Suddenly...
    A swirling whirlwind drifts into the area, moving slowly towards you.

(Call Wind)
    As the drakar dice roll quickly, the sound of a phantom breeze reaches your ears before they finally stop to show a 6 and 6. Suddenly...
    A gust of wind tugs at your sleeves. Suddenly, a fierce wind rips through the area, scattering everything in its path and making it difficult to remain standing.
    The wind then subsides.

------------------
    LORESONG

Cradling the drakar dice in your hand, you roll them around slowly as you begin to sing. Your eyes flutter shut as images begin to take shape behind them. The faint smell of smoke and liquor tingles your nose, and you see before you a seedy room, the dim light making the smoke swirl like a stale mist around four men seated at a square table. A dark elf sits on one side, rolling a pair of dice around in his palm as he narrows his eyes and studies the others: a sylvan, a halfling, and a human.
    The vision grows dim.

Your voice rises, urging the images to remain strong. The scene blurs, then as it clears you see the four men in the midst of a game of dice. The human rolls, scowling as he clearly does not get the roll he had hoped for. He pushes the last of a small pile of coins toward the dark elf.
    "You know that's not nearly what you owe me," the elf says somberly.

The human glances at him, his eye twitching nervously. "I'm good for it, Ylzar. I swear I am!" The dark elf scowls, and turns toward the Sylvan. "Roll them." With a shift of his weight, the sylvan rolls the dice, staring as they stop.

The vision grows dim.

Once again the dim, smoky room emerges behind your eyes. The halfling is shaking a pair of dice frantically, his eyes darting to the dark elf again and again. You notice the sylvan, his head on his arms on the table, barely moving, the coins that had been near him gone, while the dark elf's pile of silver towers.

"Roll them!" The halfling gives a startled squeak and tosses the dice onto the table. His eyes grow wide as they tumble, and his face grows pale as they stop. He slides the last of his silvers to Ylzar with a trembling hand. The vision grows dim.

Unable to stop the barrage of song coming from your lips, you sing louder, coaxing the dice to give up the rest of their tale. The vision returns, but the dark elf is on his feet, his arms raised in the air. He chants cryptic words as the others stare at him in terror, whimpering, imploring him to stop. Their abject pleas fall on deaf ears as Ylzar throws his arms in the air and screams out.

"It is the final time, you miserable wretches! You will never play me for a fool again!" The vision grows dim.

With the last of your breath, you force your aching voice to continue. You see the dark elf Ylzar standing alone near the table, three sets of dice nonchalantly tumbling over one another in his palm. An almost imperceptible smile, touches his lips. He clenches his fist around the dice, and spectral light oozes from between his fingers.

"Your souls then, if not your silvers," he whispers toward the dice as he laughs softly. The vision grows dim.

Some mottled drakar dice sit in your hand before twitching slightly, sending a slight shock into your palm. The dice fall still.

------------------

MB: 15m
    CB:
    BO: 25m

Will Deliver these to anywhere chronomages go plus FWI.
    Trade offers considered with items for locksmithing, brawling, water walking, mobility.
    I thought the Dice of Fate thingie had meteor storm as one of the spells. And maybe 425...?

original ones had a much better and wider spell selection
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

Blog Entries

Yeah, different dice have different spells. There is a rangerly one out there aswell, and some others.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Drakar dice with Major Cold...brilliant!
    "Yesterday upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, Oh how I wish he'd go away." ~ Mearns

To quote the comedian Emo Phillips, "I used to think the brain was the most fascinating part of the body. Then I thought, "Look what's telling me that."

Quote Originally Posted by drigore View Post
    Drakar dice with Major Cold...brilliant!
    Minor steam would've been cooler.
    ---------------------------------

R.I.P. Sparkle Motion

Blog Entries

Compared to the 500's one, this spell selection sucks. Still a cool item, if the 913 was a 6, 7, or 8, I'd be bidding.
    Last edited by WRoss; 03-16-2011 at 06:53 PM.
    2013 PC FF Champion

Ross#9505 on Discord

Why exactly is invisibility in there twice anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Herachio View Post
    Why exactly is invisibility in there twice anyway?
    I have no idea. I'm guessing they couldn't figure out what other wizard spell to put in there to keep it balanced? I'm thinking Call wind is a spell that helps you and could be used against crittres. It had no affect on us when it came up and the spells that hurt you don't come lightly or miss.

Don't know about major shock or boil earth. It's likely one may be used beneficially to balance out the spells that attack the roller. If boil earth was beneficial to damage all enemies in the room... that'd be awesome. I haven't seen it rolled yet, though. It is listed on the imagine of the dice's 1's which to me means it's significant.
    Player of
    Relvar

call wind is an offensive spell, likely you all passed the roll and didn't get knocked over. Boil earth would likely strike the roller, as it's an offensive spell as well.