Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tressel suspended 2 games; fined $250k

I actually kind of like the Jets now. Rex Ryan is such a troll, it makes me happy. My Giants will kill them though, if it ever came down to that.
    "If you can build it, we can build an arbitrarily larger version of it just to spite you. One-upsmanship is the core of our national character."

Blog Entries

I've thought that next season could be OSU's season, but they keep imploding. Keep it boys and prove me wrong!
    2013 PC FF Champion

Ross#9505 on Discord

Quote Originally Posted by LMingrone View Post
    Yes. I can't even think of a team Newton would make sense for.
    I can't either, but I'm sure Dan Snyder will pay way too much for him.

I think we still have some 1st Round draft picks in 2015 he can trade away.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnticorRifling View Post
    Please note I left my computer on and my weiner dogs have been moderating these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    2010, the year both teams to make the championship game will be disqualified. Does this make TCU champion?
    It's a good thing the FBS championship is a complete sham anyway, otherwise this could be a real problem.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Things may soon be worse for Tressel (and perhaps OSU)

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...l?ncid=webmail

Ohio State’s official letter to the NCAA regarding violations within the football program sheds more light on Tuesday’s confusing press conference, and likely leaves the school in serious trouble with the NCAA.

The letter clearly explains the process by which coach Jim Tressel failed three times to tell his superiors about evidence of NCAA violations.
    Ohio State AD Gene Smith has backed coach Jim Tressel but new allegations continue to emerge.

The three specific times:

• Tressel signed a document on Sept. 13, 2010 that said he was not aware of NCAA violations.

• He failed to tell school officials on or around Dec. 9, 2010 about emails he received in April explaining players’ involvement in selling memorabilia.

• He failed to tell school officials about the emails – or his knowledge of players selling memorabilia -- when specifically asked on Dec. 16, 2010. He also misled school officials that day when stating he “did not recall from whom he received the tip,” and that he “did not know that any items had been seized.”

The letter states, “The institution is very surprised and disappointed in Coach Tressel’s lack of action in this matter,” but goes on to say that the violation is “out of character” for Tressel and that he has a “proven history of promoting an atmosphere of NCAA compliance within the football program.”

Another significant — and potentially more damning -- issue: In a Feb. 8, 2011 interview, Tressel admitted it was “inevitable” that players named in the email had committed NCAA violations and would be ruled ineligible. In other words, Tressel knew the players were ineligible and played them anyway.

His reason at Tuesday night’s press conference for playing them: He didn’t want to interfere with a federal investigation. Either way, that admission jeopardizes any hope of Ohio State has of keeping its 12 victories from the 2010 season, and paves the way for more serious sanctions from the sport’s governing body.

That one statement – in conjunction with Tressel lying about the emails and misleading university investigators -- can be the foundation for lack of institutional control charges.

That charge is the most serious the NCAA can levy, and could result in probation, lost scholarships, and even vacating the entire 2010 season.