Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Thread: What good books have you read lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Fulmen View Post
    It’s fairly standard for the genre. Works well on Kindle, though it may not be to your taste.
    My exposure to cultivation stuff is fairly limited, but I've read a good bit of litRPG and I'd have to disagree about it being standard formatting for at least the litRPG genre. It is a personal taste thing though, so perhaps it's not an issue to other readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Velfi View Post
    My exposure to cultivation stuff is fairly limited, but I've read a good bit of litRPG and I'd have to disagree about it being standard formatting for at least the litRPG genre. It is a personal taste thing though, so perhaps it's not an issue to other readers.
    I had no issue with it. Processable chunks. Appeals to general readers.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

Quote Originally Posted by Alashir View Post
    Still going through bloodline. Trying to savor it
    Quote Originally Posted by Velfi View Post
    I enjoyed Bloodline, I want to go back and re-read it again to consider it more seriously, but I'm taking a breather with something in between.
    With some time having passed, I'm curious if anyone has different thoughts on Bloodline now. I was definitely less than thrilled with it after the first read, but I think that was largely due to forgetting how Sacred Valley and its inhabitants could be, as well as the.. silence at the very end, and why they would even risk getting to that point, that was pretty hard to take.

However, having read it 3 or 4 times now, I've really come around to it being a pretty solid book in the series even if it's not Son of Wintersteel. I love the callback to Eithan from Blackflame, the stuff with Jai Chen in the Desolate Wilds was great, Lindon and Yerin's development, and the behavior of the Sacred Valley folks as well as Lindon's determination despite everything just rings true. I definitely hope that we have a positive development on the silence in Reaper, but I'm confident it will all work out well.