Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: What good books have you read lately?

Bloodline's lookin thicc

I'm re-reading another Dragonriders of Pern book by Anne McCaffrey, Nerilka's Story.
    I'm one of those few weirdos who doesn't use Lich.

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." - Dom Helder Camara

My 8values political quiz results

I am autistic.

I'm going to plug this one more time. Not because I reread it yesterday and discovered even more amazing nuances or anything like that. This is the first part of the Silo series. Shift was also fantastic, if kind of slow at points.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...9-wool-omnibus

I'm just pushing this one more time because back in February, I sent a "these books are awesome" email to the author. I figured maybe someone might see it, maybe not, but if they did and passed it along, it was well worth the 20 seconds it took for me to write and click send. The author emailed me back a couple of days ago, and we exchanged a couple of short emails on his books and suggestions. I didn't have to go to a convention to have this random exchange. Didn't have to know somebody. He just seems to enjoy his work, and of course selling it, and was really down to earth in our short exchanges.

They are available on Kindle Unlimited. Or the author's website for a very reasonable ebook fee (pdf, epub, and mobi all included). I think I bought the omnibus for about 6 bucks, and it's over 500 pages long.

I finished Nerilka's Story and I'm now re-reading another of Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern books, The Masterharper of Pern.

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." - Dom Helder Camara

I am autistic.

I finished The Masterharper of Pern and now I'm re-reading another Dragonriders of Pern book, Dragonflight.

I am autistic.

Mmmm bloodline....
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

I finished Dragonflight and I'm now re-reading the next book in the Dragonriders of Pern series, Dragonquest.

I am autistic.

I finished Dragonquest and now I'm re-reading the next book in the Dragonriders of Pern series, The White Dragon.

I am autistic.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Velfi View Post
    Bloodline's lookin thicc

Hol up, isn't Blackflame #3?

You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Still going through bloodline. Trying to savor it
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel