Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: What good books have you read lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Fulmen View Post
    It’s fairly standard for the genre. Works well on Kindle, though it may not be to your taste.
    My exposure to cultivation stuff is fairly limited, but I've read a good bit of litRPG and I'd have to disagree about it being standard formatting for at least the litRPG genre. It is a personal taste thing though, so perhaps it's not an issue to other readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Velfi View Post
    My exposure to cultivation stuff is fairly limited, but I've read a good bit of litRPG and I'd have to disagree about it being standard formatting for at least the litRPG genre. It is a personal taste thing though, so perhaps it's not an issue to other readers.
    I had no issue with it. Processable chunks. Appeals to general readers.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

Quote Originally Posted by Alashir View Post
    Still going through bloodline. Trying to savor it
    I enjoyed Bloodline, I want to go back and re-read it again to consider it more seriously, but I'm taking a breather with something in between.
    With some time having passed, I'm curious if anyone has different thoughts on Bloodline now. I was definitely less than thrilled with it after the first read, but I think that was largely due to forgetting how Sacred Valley and its inhabitants could be, as well as the.. silence at the very end, and why they would even risk getting to that point, that was pretty hard to take.

However, having read it 3 or 4 times now, I've really come around to it being a pretty solid book in the series even if it's not Son of Wintersteel. I love the callback to Eithan from Blackflame, the stuff with Jai Chen in the Desolate Wilds was great, Lindon and Yerin's development, and the behavior of the Sacred Valley folks as well as Lindon's determination despite everything just rings true. I definitely hope that we have a positive development on the silence in Reaper, but I'm confident it will all work out well.

Blog Entries

Just finished my last re-read of Cradle in preparation for Reaper, and I've been trying to get into Fulmen's books, starting with the cultivation series River of Fate. However, the formatting of them is killing me. Every single sentence has a line break, so every sentence, no matter how short or long, is a paragraph on its own. This could be more of just a me problem, but it is extremely difficult to read like this as it just feels disjointed and chaotic to me.

I thought that maybe it was just in the first book, but both books in the series as well as the 1 book LitRPG novel are all exactly the same. I'm not sure I can do this, and I'm barely into the first chapter.
    If every sentence is spoken then a new paragraph for each character's speech would be standard formatting, but if it's not then yeah, that could be annoying. I've read some LitRPG and not noticed this issue but, in my case, I usually listen to them on Audible so wouldn't necessarily have noticed.
    Last edited by Tisket; 10-20-2021 at 10:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

I'm reading the Night Lords Omnibus. Fuck the Imperium.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

I'm reading the Night Lords Omnibus. Fuck the Imperium.
    I only listened to the first one, Sunset, but the audio version is outstanding.
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    I only listened to the first one, Sunset, but the audio version is outstanding.
    You may be thinking of a different book series.

Blog Entries

Oh wait, I'm thinking of Nightlord by Garon Whited. Still, outstanding narration.
    I like penis.

Blog Entries

It is about these guys.

Blog Entries

It is about these guys.
    Yeah, I just googled it. Putting it on my wishlist so I will probably get to it sometime this decade.
    I like penis.