Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does the Artisan's Faire Suck?

Default Does the Artisan's Faire Suck?

Worst Event Ever.

chuckle. These kinds of reactions always crack me up. Have you any idea how much work went into this event? Have you seen the staggering amount of items and rooms? Not to mention what looks like quite a few alterers.

Sure, 90% of the stuff is fluff. Did you expect EVERYTHING to be lightened, damage weighted/padded, hold large amount, rechargable, permabessed, 6x, and weigh under 2 pounds?

3. Default

For $55, I sure would.

Well, really, what I am curious to know is...

WHY did this event suck?

Originally posted by Backlash
    chuckle. These kinds of reactions always crack me up. Have you any idea how much work went into this event? Have you seen the staggering amount of items and rooms? Not to mention what looks like quite a few alterers.

Sure, 90% of the stuff is fluff. Did you expect EVERYTHING to be lightened, damage weighted/padded, hold large amount, rechargable, permabessed, 6x, and weigh under 2 pounds?
    Not at all. I just said it sucked, everything else you made up. I don't care how much work went into it, it still sucks. Compared to Ebon's Gate or Ansfelt, the Faire blows. And Ebon's Gate and Ansfelt didn't sell anything 6x that I know of, no padding or weighting above Somewhat off the shelves I don't think, I haven't seen anything off the shelf permablessed...ever. And large amount? I can get containers that hold a large amount from stores in town, not sure what you're trying to prove there...

For the record, it always cracks me up to read typical Official Board type kiss-ass answers here about how much work went into something. Oh, they put alot of work into it. And you know what? They still made a profit. If it cost them more in man-hours than they make, they wouldn't do it.

Originally posted by BacklashWHY did this event suck?
    I don't care about fluff and I'd say it's more like 95% fluff. There aren't many things here worth buying. I haven't seen that many alterers around compared to other events. I mean, there's been a few, but not that many. I was hoping to find some decent armor or a decent weapon, of which, I haven't found any. Basically, to me, I see this as $55 to shop for fluff and weapons with elemental flares. I can buy all that stuff on the net and for cheaper.

[Edited on 8-3-2003 by Cain]

I don't care about fluff and I'd say it's more like 95% fluff. There aren't many things here worth buying. I haven't seen that many alterers around compared to other events. I mean, there's been a few, but not that many. I was hoping to find some decent armor or a decent weapon, of which, I haven't found any. Basically, to me, I see this as $55 to shop for fluff and weapons with elemental flares. I can buy all that stuff on the net and for cheaper.
    So then, whats your beef? If its not the ability to find that exceptionaly crit weighted weapon, like you said I made up, what is it?

For the record, it always cracks me up to read typical Official Board type kiss-ass answers here about how much work went into something.
    I can build a merchant shop in under 2 hours.
    Put your money where your mouth is and I'll kiss your ass to say "Good f-ing job!".

::kisses Melissa's ass::

PS. Nice icon.

Having watched a GM code things, I can tell you it takes quite a bit longer than a few hours.

If you don't like this one, don't go to any more. Honestly, I wish I could've gone. You can let me borrow your character for awhile, and I'll have fun there.
    Space for rent, inquire within.

I couldn't tell if that was sarcasm, but in any case. Thanks My ass always needs a good kissing. I had another icon, a Royo Heavy Metal cover, but the Admin made me get rid of it ::sniff sniff::

-Melissa
    Not sarcasm in the least. Been there, done it. I consider myself pretty darn smart and creative, but cranking out stuff like this Faire is a monsterous task.

Anyone try thinking up 50 different ways to describe how a blunt injures ONE body part, from a whiff to a major crit in descending order, then tell me its an easy job. If you think so, for frick sake, apply!

[quote]Originally posted by Backlash
    So then, whats your beef? If its not the ability to find that exceptionaly crit weighted weapon, like you said I made up, what is it?
    I said I was hoping to find some decent weapons or decent armor. I would say that an exceptionally crit weighted weapon is quite a bit more than decent. You, again, just pulled that out of thin air. Quit putting words in my mouth. I told you my beef. Not many alterers around compared to other events, 95% of the items for sale are fluff, hardly any weapons or amor for sale. I'm still looking for some decent armor or a decent weapon. I'd say that some lightened 4x armor with no padding would be decent. That's a far cry from exceptional padding. A weapon that's somewhat damage weighted would be decent. That's not quite exceptionally crit weighted.

I had a great time at Anfelt, but I was an exception when it came to getting merchant work. Once I knew this, I realized that I'd be disappointed if I went to the Faire and didn't get as much.

This is where the dissapointment is coming from folks, its the "I remember the Jugg and the 6x sea green glaes shields and the rolaren tower shields" or "I remember buying FGB off the rack for 400k."

This is what most of us crusty folk remember, and every merchant we see, we are dissapointed that we don't see something similar, so we generally only go to these events for the alterations...but so does everyone else.

Then we stand in line and wait and get frustrated, then we think the event sucks.

I went to the Foehn's Promise $75 auction. I had a good time, I happened to win something nice. Most folk screamed bloody murder, and the GM's caved and said they'd never do it again. Since then, we've had 1 auction for Premium. I went to EG3. I had a good time. I got three unique items from wandering merchants and an alter from Elvaria. Most everyone screamed that there weren't any Eahnor waraxes or no merchants. I went to Anfelt and had a good time. I wasn't expecting much.

Expectation is the key. Go there looking for a good time, and you'll have a good time. Go there looking for something you know won't be there or expecting to get 9 alters will make you think it sucks.

If you just have average expectations, you'll be pleasantly suprised almost every time. Its this idea that "ooh, I'll find something I can sell for 8 times what I paid for it here" or something that gets everyone's knickers in a twist.
    Quote Originally Posted by GS4Ranger View Post
    The PC is where the brains are...