Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Alchemy Script of Doom!!!1!one

1. Default

i just downloaded new version. no compile errors.

I'm not sure what that would be if you have the latest version.
    ~Moredin

2. Default rnum.lic issue?

Is this a known issue? I was having incredible lag when trying to test alchemy anytime it entered a room that needed a location check. all of a sudden I'd see this and the game would lag for like 8-10 seconds. i killed scripts one by one and ran go2 10 times into and out of rooms and I think rnum.lic is the problem, but I can't tell because this is the messaging:

[(script unknown)]>location

thats when the lag starts.
    ~Moredin

3. Default

I did disable rnum a long time back because of this issue. I ended up moving over to uberbar.
    Quote Originally Posted by DCSL View Post
    Pfft. The PC ain't nobody's friend.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Philiater View Post
    Is this a known issue? I was having incredible lag when trying to test alchemy anytime it entered a room that needed a location check. all of a sudden I'd see this and the game would lag for like 8-10 seconds. i killed scripts one by one and ran go2 10 times into and out of rooms and I think rnum.lic is the problem, but I can't tell because this is the messaging:

[(script unknown)]>location

thats when the lag starts.
    That's the result of rnum using Room.current in a room that's marked as a duplicate but can be made unique with the location verb. I'm guessing rnum uses a DownstreamHook to display room numbers. The problem with that is the DownstreamHook is called for each game line that comes in, and no more game lines will come in until it finishes. Also, it's calling Room.current which is waiting for a game line. It's blocking game lines and waiting for game lines at the same time. Not much to do to fix it except rewrite rnum.
    Get Lich - Vote for Gemstone (topmudsites.com)

5. Default

Couple more things to note for the alchemy-recipes script.

The milky blue oil recipe using blue moonstones is incorrectly only requiring 1 moonstone. The correct recipe uses 2 moonstones.

The full stamina potion is missing from the script. I was just taught it by the masters at rank 60 in empath potions. I suspect it will work until mastery.

The recipe given is as follows: add water, add powdered sylvarraend ruby, add troll blood, simmer, add 4 doses of mashed golden buttercup, chant the Adrenal Surge spell, add essence of vitality, add essence of body, boil and refract sunlight through a ruby lens.

Gretchen

6. Default

Updated.
    Get Lich - Vote for Gemstone (topmudsites.com)

7. Default

there any easy way to make alchemy use an empty jar to put stuff in when the first jar is full? I know the ingredient number is set at 20 so you'd never need more than one jar per ingredient, but what if I wanted to store up to 60 of each?

reason I ask is sometimes you can go through 20 doses in one guild task; I'd like to have more stockpiled if I could but I don't see an easy way to make it work.
    ~Moredin

8. Default

oh just wanted to add I could just change the number to 60 but then it'll just put ingredients loosely in the alchemysack, which can make it fill up really fast.
    ~Moredin

9. Default

I think the recipe for bloodwood twig runs out at 15ranks rather then 16 that the alchemy script thinks:

You sense that the ritual is complete and lower your hands. The flame beneath the cauldron quietly goes out. You note that the solution in the cauldron has condensed completely, forming a small trinket.

You reach into the cauldron and take out a polished bloodwood wand.

Nivana shakes her head and says, "You'll need to try something harder than that to impress me."

You have 16 ranks in the Alchemic Trinkets skill.
    You need 56 training points to earn your next rank.
    The Training Administrator told you to visit a skilled master for a lesson.
    You have 6 repetitions remaining to complete this task.

Not a big thing but thought i would point it out.

10. Default

At 60 ranks in Trinkets, the script has stopped working for trinkets recipes - it's just giving the error message "Exception: wrong number of arguments (1 for 0) alchemy:526:in `getlocal'
    --- Lich: alchemy has exited."