Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Alchemy Script of Doom!!!1!one

1. Default

Updated the script with Jonty's fix.

As for the script not doing anything, try ";alchemy suggest" and see if it gives any clues.
    Last edited by Tillmen; 03-08-2012 at 09:13 PM.
    Get Lich - Vote for Gemstone (topmudsites.com)

Thanks. This script has been a great help.

Maybe put something like "echo '*** Cannot determine your location. ***' if note_name_var.nil?" after "note_name_var = hash[location]"note_name_var = hash[location]" to make it easier for anyone else who runs into this problem in the future.
    Last edited by Jonty; 03-08-2012 at 11:14 PM.
    - Me

3. Default

Quick question since I'm using this script for doing tasks in Plat.

As most are probably aware, Plat has droppage upon decay, and a spirit death induces immediate decay. Needless to say, I'm very leery of causing a spirit death while working on making spirit shards in the upper ranks of general alchemy. It seems that the script checks for the needed spirit for the task, but in the interest of being careful, has anyone had a problem with spirit deaths while using the script?

Thanks!

Gretchen

4. Default

I was nervous about it too and kept a pretty close eye on it whenever I was doing channeling tasks (especially at the cauldrons, such a pain in the ass) but it would always wait when I was down to one or two spirit and I never had a problem with it.

5. Default

A few things of note on this script.

First, thank you! It's been incredibly helpful, even though I tend to gather stuff on my own and mostly use it only to crank out the reps.

I've got a new master-taught recipe and an adjustment on the rank of another. Temporary dingy hair dye was learned at rank 26 of general: add hair dye base, add wight skin from arch wights, add faintly glimmering dust, add 2 doses charcoal, boil and seal. I was also taught the minor health-well potion at rank 10 of empath potions, though it's listed as 11 in the script.

Don't know if it's been added in Prime, but room 16401 on FWI and room 1270 in Solhaven can be used to collect salt water. It doesn't show in the room tags in Plat, but I believe the instances have separate databases.

Is there some way to use recipes that have alternatives? I'm working with disease resistance potions that can be made either with a single black forest viper fang, or two tree viper fangs. I'd vastly prefer using one black forest viper fang, but the script refuses to acknowledge that a recipe exists that uses it.

Gretchen

6. Default

Another suggested tweak to the alchemy-recipes. Both recipe alternatives for the softly glowing crystal need three sunburst blossoms. Right now the script calls for two. It's fixed easily enough by going in and editing the script by hand, of course. Might be easier to update it on the repo, though.

Gretchen

7. Default

Added a sunburst blossom to one of the softly glowing crystal recipes.

Added temporary dingy hair dye, though I'm not too sure about the charcoal. I went with "a few lumps of charcoal" because the recipe just said charcoal, but every other recipe uses "some powdered charcoal".

Changed the minor health-well start rank to 10.

Added the alternative recipe for pale sea-green potion. I'm guessing the skin name for a black forest viper is "a viper fang".
    Get Lich - Vote for Gemstone (topmudsites.com)

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tillmen View Post
    Added the alternative recipe for pale sea-green potion. I'm guessing the skin name for a black forest viper is "a viper fang".
    It is. I updated the recipe a few days back to use 'a viper fang' and it worked just fine.

Thanks for the updates!

Gretchen

9. Default

Couple more updates for alchemy-recipes.

I was just master-taught the deep green volatile elixir (vertigo relief potion) at rank 34 of empath potions.

The lesser necromantic regeneration potion appears mislabeled as an empath potion, where it seems it should be a sorcerer potion.

Thanks!

Gretchen

Any ideas for failure to startup on my work machine?

--- Lich: alchemy active.
    --- SyntaxError: compile error
    alchemy:1701: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting kEND
    alchemy:1701:in `start_script'
    --- Lich: cannot execute alchemy, aborting.
    --- Lich: alchemy has exited.