Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Alchemy Script of Doom!!!1!one

1. Default

I'm considering starting the dreaded journey of trying to master alchemy.. I have a few questions..

Does this script still perform well? Are there any gotchas that I should be on the look out? How miserable will I be? Anyone have rough out of pocket cost from start to finish? What towns do you suggest parking for easy access to materials?
    Elementary my dear Watson!

;Alchemy works just as well as it always did, fantastic script.

I mastered 4 or 5 years ago, the total cost was less than 1m silvers total to master potions, trinkets, general Alchemy I can't remember how many trading ranks I had then. Sell your alchemy creations back to the alchemist to recoup the cost of store bought ingredients.

Naijin made the leveling process significantly less tedious. Skinning is probably the most time consuming part now along with foraging. Use guild nights and your login guild boosts to speed up the process.

Wizard trinkets is much less of a faff to master since most of the wand's ingredients are store bought you just need a lot of crystals which all the town alchemy shops will always have a glut of. General alchemy requires a heck of a lot less of essence of fire to master because of Naijin's changes. Wizard potions might be a bit more annoying since the majority of the potions I used to level with are now obsolete due to the enchanting changes.

Overall I think the biggest pain these days is just inventory management due to all the ingredients.
    Last edited by Winter; 06-23-2022 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    I'm considering starting the dreaded journey of trying to master alchemy.. I have a few questions..

Does this script still perform well? Are there any gotchas that I should be on the look out? How miserable will I be? Anyone have rough out of pocket cost from start to finish? What towns do you suggest parking for easy access to materials?
    I did all my work out of the Landing guild.

Alchemy does indeed still work well, but it does hang when you move up a rank sometimes. The script will take you to the guild master and you will get promoted to the next rank, but when you go back to the task master it would sometimes hangs for me. Then I would have to kill the script, ask the taskmaster for the next training task and then restart the script.

You may need to setup a hunting script for ;alchemy - that is, if you want the scrip to automatically work on collecting skins from creatures. Or you can certainly go about and hunt/skin creatures yourself or you could even use ;bigshot to do some hunting for you (I don't think I was able to get ;bigshot to work with ;alchemy for the parts it would ask for a hunting script).

Work on gathering up as many fire essences and even water essences, also gather up ayanda crystals (also some s'ayanda and t'ayanda as well - you'll mostly use ayanda, but as you get higher in ranks you may have some that need the s' and t' variety). I was constantly running from town to town and buying up any and all fire essences....I don't think the issue will be as severe with the reduction to points needed to advance through a rank these days, but just be aware you may be doing some ingredient hunting.

I went through general and potions for alchemy about 3 years ago and with all the fire essences and ayanda crystals I had to buy I spent upwards of 2mil.

Getting through alchemy's trinkets I just did. I had banked a ton of guild boosts, so I just stacked up a bunch for the profession option and with how the GMs reduced points needed to rank up, I was doing 2-3 tasks per rank and I went through trinkets in about 12-16 hours total time. What slowed me down was the need to do some hunting for some skin gatherings during the last 10-12 ranks.

I would also suggest having some guild task trading vouchers as well, if you can, so you're not penalized for trading in stupid tasks. I think I started with 100 and I'm now left with 21. You might get by with 50 now that you don't have to do as many tasks to advance through a rank as you did years ago.

Make sure you have your mortar, cauldron and a crystal flask (for doing salt water, I know you can buy one from the alchemist shop in Solhaven... a small crystal flask) in your bag you're using and that you also keep a bank note in the same bag.
    Last edited by drumpel; 06-23-2022 at 11:13 AM.