Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Alchemy Script of Doom!!!1!one

alchemy does not recognize a bottle conaining sea salt, i made like 40 of them and like 100 essence of regeneration, it uses the bottles of regen but will not use the bottles of sea salt, can this be fixed?
    Current
    Kitac, halfling cleric
    Marchese dwarven empath
    Chuco, halfling wizard
    Ex-Player of Aethor Whiteaxe, Giantman Cleric

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Aethor View Post
    alchemy does not recognize a bottle conaining sea salt, i made like 40 of them and like 100 essence of regeneration, it uses the bottles of regen but will not use the bottles of sea salt, can this be fixed?
    Should be fixed now.
    Get Lich - Vote for Gemstone (topmudsites.com)

3. Default

Having trouble with it switching between potions / general alchemy. For example, if you get to a point in general alchemy where you cannot be promoted until you pickup more ranks in potions, you have to manually get a task for potions, even if you do ;alchemy auto potions (I guess it's picking up that i'm ready for promotion in general alchemy, so it loops trying to get that promotion rather than getting a task for potions). Not a huge deal.. will just create a separate script catch this happening and have the other script control the grabbing of tasks.

- update... since getting a couple of ranks out manually in potions, this seems to have resolved itself. script is now doing both in auto-mode.
    Last edited by ShatteredCasis; 02-08-2011 at 01:57 PM. Reason: update

4. Default

for the purpose of feedback...

So far, I'm loving this. I started at rank 1 of general alchemy / no potions or trinkets. Ran into the above looping problem when I hit the "you must diversify" requirement, but after some manual ranks in potions that has so far went away.

Only other general problem I've run into to, is ranks 13/14. You can't do "alchemy extract" until rank 15, but the script wants to keep doing it. To compound that problem, just about every recipe 13 and above requires sea salt. I ended up just doing these manually (well, get task manually then do ";alchemy task alchemy" to do the actual reps), and trading out the BOIL tasks which needed the sea salt.

There's a section for "equivalents", but it doesn't seem like the script tries to find the equivalents. For example, in RR there's nowhere I've found yet for Ayana leaf, but there is for Ayana berry. There's not a room for Ayana leaf in RR tagged for Ayana leaf, so the script exits when it pulls a recipe calling for this. It would be nice if the script would check for equivalents if there's no rooms tagged for the item. IE, if no ayana leaf room, see if there's an ayana berry room. I was able to manually get around this by doing a global search and replace ayana leaf with ayana berry.

I'm doing these in river's rest, so some comments about that.
    sea water room is: 10814
    The cauldron room was not mapped, but the mapmap and adding the proper tags resolved that.
    The bigger problem is that the trainers and guild administrator are all in the same room. The script runs to the guild admin room, and just does a GameObj.npcs.last, which is not always going to be the guild admin, and the same deal for the trainers. I hard coded this, but a suggestion here would either be to have a list of guild admin names, or create a function that checks the full description of the npc to make sure that they are a trainer or a guild admin. Not sure if this is a problem anywhere other than RR tho (as this is my first venture into alchemy).

Hope this is helpful. Many many many thanks to Tillmen for this EXCELLENT script.

Currently, my wiz is rank 17 in Alchemy, 7 in Potions, after about a day and a half (I started sunday, but lost alot of time with ranks 13/14 and other adjustments that I needed to make).

Oh and some other "nice to have features" request (stuff I'm adding, but might be useful for inclusion in main script)...
    a health check w/ health recover script option? maybe before taking on a new task or something like that, adding in the ability to check hands to make sure they are aren't damaged.
    A pre-forage script option would also be handy (ie, so we could designate a script that will go do a spellup routine/get area specific spells-like water walking), if ;alchemy can call the pre-forage script with the name of the herb about to be foraged, even better)

- Casis
    Last edited by ShatteredCasis; 02-08-2011 at 02:31 PM. Reason: added nice to haves comment

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ShatteredCasis View Post
    So far, I'm loving this. I started at rank 1 of general alchemy / no potions or trinkets. Ran into the above looping problem when I hit the "you must diversify" requirement, but after some manual ranks in potions that has so far went away.
    I thought I already fixed that, but my numbers or logic must be off. Anyone have the result of the gld verb while this is happening?

Only other general problem I've run into to, is ranks 13/14. You can't do "alchemy extract" until rank 15, but the script wants to keep doing it. To compound that problem, just about every recipe 13 and above requires sea salt. I ended up just doing these manually (well, get task manually then do ";alchemy task alchemy" to do the actual reps), and trading out the BOIL tasks which needed the sea salt.
    I'll add that to the todo list. It'll also have a problem on recipes that require ayanad crystals before you can break down crystals, if you have any of the higher crystals on you.

There's a section for "equivalents", but it doesn't seem like the script tries to find the equivalents. For example, in RR there's nowhere I've found yet for Ayana leaf, but there is for Ayana berry. There's not a room for Ayana leaf in RR tagged for Ayana leaf, so the script exits when it pulls a recipe calling for this. It would be nice if the script would check for equivalents if there's no rooms tagged for the item. IE, if no ayana leaf room, see if there's an ayana berry room. I was able to manually get around this by doing a global search and replace ayana leaf with ayana berry.
    You fixed that backwards. Rooms with ayana berry should be tagged as ayana leaf. When you send "forage for ayana leaf" to the game in a room with ayana berry, you still get ayana berry, and the script will use it just fine because of the equivalents. Should also work if you already have ayana berry on you and the recipe calls for ayana leaf.

However, if the room is tagged as ayana berry and it goes to forage for ayana berry, it'll ignore all the rooms tagged as ayana leaf. I suppose that doesn't matter in River's Rest, but in Wehnimer's it's common to go out for ayana leaf and come back with ayana leaf, ayana weed, ayana berry, and ayana moss. It usually has to do that to get enough.

The bigger problem is that the trainers and guild administrator are all in the same room. The script runs to the guild admin room, and just does a GameObj.npcs.last, which is not always going to be the guild admin, and the same deal for the trainers. I hard coded this, but a suggestion here would either be to have a list of guild admin names, or create a function that checks the full description of the npc to make sure that they are a trainer or a guild admin. Not sure if this is a problem anywhere other than RR tho (as this is my first venture into alchemy).
    What are the full names of the administrator and masters?

Oh and some other "nice to have features" request (stuff I'm adding, but might be useful for inclusion in main script)...
    a health check w/ health recover script option? maybe before taking on a new task or something like that, adding in the ability to check hands to make sure they are aren't damaged.
    A pre-forage script option would also be handy (ie, so we could designate a script that will go do a spellup routine/get area specific spells-like water walking), if ;alchemy can call the pre-forage script with the name of the herb about to be foraged, even better)
    There are before-hunt-script, after-hunt-script, before-forage-script, and after-forage-script settings. Also, the forage code starts useherbs if your hand gets a minor from foraging.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tillmen View Post
    I thought I already fixed that, but my numbers or logic must be off. Anyone have the result of the gld verb while this is happening?
    For me, only the guild info General Alchemy data was showing (sorry I wasn't loggin it). Once I started the potions training, it looked normal. There wasn't an indication that there was a hold. General Alchemy just said that I had "earned enough points". The guild alchemy doode would just give me the "other skills before I can promote you in this skill" message when asked for next rank.

I'll add that to the todo list. It'll also have a problem on recipes that require ayanad crystals before you can break down crystals, if you have any of the higher crystals on you.
    There wasn't an error, it would just kick back the standard text for when you type "alchemy" with the list of commands available. Perhaps a solution would be that if that text comes up, the task get's traded.

You fixed that backwards. Rooms with ayana berry should be tagged as ayana leaf. When you send "forage for ayana leaf" to the game in a room with ayana berry, you still get ayana berry, and the script will use it just fine because of the equivalents. Should also work if you already have ayana berry on you and the recipe calls for ayana leaf.
    Figures, heh

What are the full names of the administrator and masters?
    In RR:
    Master Elementalist Thalia
    Master Elementalist Jerrem
    Master Elementalist Kaeleigh
    Master Elementalist Badrah
    Master Elementalist Daryn
    Master Elementalist Khine
    Guild Master Acirem
    Training Administrator Eirea (but she's in a room by herself)

There are before-hunt-script, after-hunt-script, before-forage-script, and after-forage-script settings. Also, the forage code starts useherbs if your hand gets a minor from foraging.
    bah, I see the before-forage-script now. As for the healing part, I'm not sure where then I got the bleeders on my hands. Maybe I need to setup useherbs or something. I just noticed that my hands were bleeding and the script was either stopped or looping saying that I needed to get my hands healed. If it happens again, I'll pay a bit more attention.

7. Default

I was totally crushed by the level of insanity that alchemy was in Prime. Having recently come back, and in Shattered so I can have a life, I am quite pleased to see this script. Thank you for putting it out there.

Thanx again Tillman!

After I was able to get past the stumbling block of doing the first rank manually, the script auto repped me thru the first 3 ranks. Now I run into the following...

>;alchemy auto
    You feel fully energetic again.
    >
    You feel more refreshed.
    >
    --- Lich: alchemy active.
    >
    You open a big hairy camel sack.
    >
    That is already open.
    >
    In the leather cloak:
    Herb (39): tincture of acantha (16), barrel of Wort's Winter ale, barrel of Reaper's Red ale, barrel of Captn' Pegleg's ale, some sovyn clove, some woth flower, some calamia fruit, some pothinir grass, some ambrominas leaf (3), some acantha leaf (5), some wolifrew lichen, some basal moss, some ephlox moss, rose-marrow potion (3), some haphip root, some aloeas stem.
    Other (7): barrel of Gert's Homemade ale, barrel of Dacra's Dream ale, barrel of Agrak's Amber ale, barrel of Bearded Ladies' ale, flagon of Volcano Vision ale, flagon of Olak's Ol'style ale, barrel of Aged Schooner ale.
    Skin (1): elongated triton spine.
    Reagent (8): n'ayanad crystal (2), ayanad crystal (5), pristine siren's hair.
    You remove some wolifrew lichen from in your buzzing swarm.
    >
    The wolifrew lichen has 1 bite left.
    >
    You put some wolifrew lichen in your leather cloak.
    >
    You remove some wolifrew lichen from in your buzzing swarm.
    >
    You can't tell exactly, but the wolifrew lichen seems to have plenty of bites left.
    >
    >

tincture of wolifrew (5)
    have:
    some wolifrew lichen (5)
    flask of clear water (5)

cost: 0, time: 0:04:15

--- Lich: go2 active.
    [go2: ETA: 0:00:00 (4 rooms to move through)]
    [go2]>go doors
    You approach the doors the guard gives you a nod of recognition, opens the doors and waves you in.

[Wizard Guild, Foyer]
    A bright river of flowing lava runs through the middle of the circular chamber, dividing it in two. A stone bridge spans the channel, connecting the two sides. Vivid tapestries line the rock walls, their patterns echoed in the highly polished inlaid marble floor. Despite the searing lava that illuminates the room in a bright reddish glow, the chamber is suprisingly cool. On this side of the lava there are passages easily accessible to the east and the west. You also see a pair of massive iron doors.
    Obvious exits: east, west
    >
    [go2]>west
    [go2]>go ingress
    [Wizard Guild, West Hallway]
    The smell of brimstone is stronger to the west. It is noticably brighter in this hallway, even though the channel along the hall where the lava flows is no wider here. A strip of narrow, smooth stone spans the lava, providing access to a shadowed ingress in the northern wall.
    Obvious exits: east, west
    >
    [go2]>northwest
    [Wizard Guild, Alchemic Nexus]
    This octagonal stone chamber is lit by eight flickering torches, one positioned at each corner. Although the air seems still, it changes subtly from cool to warm, from moist to dry, then back with no obvious pattern.
    Obvious exits: north, northeast, east, south, west, northwest, down, out
    >
    [Wizard Guild, Acid Workshop]
    This room is rather warm and humid, though no source of climate control is apparent. In the center, circumscribed by continuous, yellow-green walls, sits a pitted wooden workbench. The domed walls rise from the stone floor to a round opening in the very top of the ceiling, which allows a few beams of stray daylight to enter.
    Obvious exits: southeast
    >
    [go2: travel time: 0:00:01]
    --- Lich: go2 has exited.
    You remove some wolifrew lichen from in your leather cloak.
    >
    You carefully remove one dose from your wolifrew lichen.
    >
    You can't tell exactly, but the wolifrew lichen seems to have plenty of bites left.
    >
    >
    You remove a clear glaes mortar from in your buzzing swarm.
    >
    You don't believe that should be used for mixing.

Edit: Nevermind, I just kept cramming the lichen back in my cloak and eventually it moved on.

Edit2: Keeps happening tho. Just sits there waiting for something.
    Last edited by Bhaalizmo; 03-13-2011 at 12:10 PM.

9. Default

Did you get that mortar from the guild shop or from the alchemist shop in town?

Alchemist shop in town. I'll get one from the guild shop and re-test.

Edit: You da man, Tillman. That worx.

Edit2: 30 hours and 26 ranks later. Thanx Tillman.
    Last edited by Bhaalizmo; 03-14-2011 at 07:12 PM.