Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: lrn2map

1. Default

Working on map file for Shattered Instance for the next couple hours, will post when done.
    Get Lich (lichproject.org) - Donate to Tillmen - Vote for Gemstone (topmudsites.com)

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tordane View Post
    Working on map file for Shattered Instance for the next couple hours, will post when done.
    Done until I talk to Tillmen.
    Get Lich (lichproject.org) - Donate to Tillmen - Vote for Gemstone (topmudsites.com)

3. Default

It doesn't matter when you're done! It only matters when I upload it.

If you finish, and someone else starts before downloading your changes that I upload, someone's work is getting lost.
    Get Lich - Vote for Gemstone (topmudsites.com)

4. Default

Mapping Ta'Vaalor Sorcerer Guild in Prime (or at least trying to!)

Temple of Love in Plat needs night mapping. Daytime is fine. Night rooms error.

I can check if Shattered and Prime need it also tomorrow. Tonight I have a party to go to. So if nobody wants to try this awesome method before then...

I'll do it tomorrow.

Thanks Tillmen! This is great. I have other Plat-only mapping I'll do later too.

6. Default

Uploaded the Prime map database.

I put in a mini-script to get into the Vaalor sorcerer guild. I have no idea if it works. Also, the guild is missing many rooms and movements, so it won't be of any use until it's mapped again.
    Get Lich - Vote for Gemstone (topmudsites.com)

I should start by saying I haven't done any map updating before.. Is there any easy way to update my map so I can use go2 to get into my house ("get key", "unlock door", etc.. ) without changing the map database, and without losing my customizations when a new map DB comes out?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    I should start by saying I haven't done any map updating before.. Is there any easy way to update my map so I can use go2 to get into my house ("get key", "unlock door", etc.. ) without changing the map database, and without losing my customizations when a new map DB comes out?
    You might might better served writing your own script that uses go2 to take you to the room right outside your house, then issue whatever other commands you need to enter your house, etc...

--Vanatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vanatar View Post
    You might might better served writing your own script that uses go2 to take you to the room right outside your house, then issue whatever other commands you need to enter your house, etc...

--Vanatar
    That's what I'm doing now, and it's a reasonable solution, since I can just do ;gohome and it'll call up both scripts to get inside and lock the door.

The bigger issue is that I can't ;go2 <anywhere> from my house, 'cause the rooms aren't in the database. I guess I could just add the rooms/directions to the global map database and let it fail for anyone who doesn't have the right key.

if checkroom =~ /HOUSE ROOM TITLE/
    multifput("unlock door", "open door","go door")
    end

That's how I managed to deal with unmapped rooms in my movement method. I have a few unmapped rooms accounted for that way.

In memory of Ken "Zzentar" Dumas.

Gibreficul

AIM = Lord Gibreficul