Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lich community

Sbounty!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Your voln ones for keeping track of favor or doing ranks or something also
    It was for trying to track favor and in doing so I found out that everything we know about favor is... wrong.
    It must be hard to type with ghostcrawlers penis lodged in your ass. - g++

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    If you're attempting to help out, you should write some code. Making obvious suggestions to the coders is more likely going to get you a "fuck off, guy".

Personally, I write scripts for myself and share them with a few friends....
    This seems to be the guiding force behind lich.
    Its mission statement is "do it yourself and fuck off".

I guess what I'm asking is, are there any lich developers that are interested in supporting core scripts, having a bunch of people use their code, and listening to complaints/suggestions/comments from those users? Or is lich basically just a bunch of guys like Brute?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEschaton View Post
    Are our lives now so fragmented and depersonalized that things we should already be doing, like saving those in danger and feeding the homeless, have suddenly become the actions of heroes?

-TheE-

Quote Originally Posted by phantasm View Post
    My experience so far has been that most people on lnet either don't know or don't care to help.
    It's because Lich has become populated by users like this dude:

I guess what I'm asking is, are there any lich developers that are interested in supporting core scripts, having a bunch of people use their code, and listening to complaints/suggestions/comments from those users? Or is lich basically just a bunch of guys like Brute?
    edit: http://www.squidoo.com/ruby-programming-beginner
    Last edited by Alorn15; 12-13-2010 at 10:06 PM.
    ~ Azanoth

Discord: carnivale1523

I'm not a good coder but I've been on lich longer than most everyone and I've spent a lot of time helping people with installs/problems/etc but in the end no one is getting paid for this so support is going to be hit or miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting
    (wrathbringer78) I think that's it. Viril is one big obnoxious ambient script.

Its mission statement is "contribute something to the community or fuck off".
    Fixed that for you. Most people who write scripts don't mind helping people who aren't just on lich for a handout.

If you're using a script on the repo, that means:

1) Someone took the time and effor to write it
    2) Someone was nice enough to share it with you
    3) Your GS experience is better for having that script

Do they really owe you anything more?

If you don't like it, I'm sure all the script writers will give you your money back.

edit: a good way to drive the script writers batty is to not read repo info and all the other stuff before asking questions
    Last edited by Gnomad; 12-13-2010 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomad View Post
    edit: a good way to drive the script writers batty is to not read repo info and all the other stuff before asking questions
    That is a sure way to get me riled. Another is me answering the same question over, and over, and over, and over, and over. I tried everything I could to stop repeat questions.

* I tried an auto-updater with a changelog - no one read it.
    * I tried to post a thread with my updates - no one read it.
    * I tried to put the changelog directly in the script - no one read it.
    It must be hard to type with ghostcrawlers penis lodged in your ass. - g++

i loved all 3 of those things. the changelog especially was awesome and at least i appreciated it a ton.

Lets be frank, I don't believe for a minute that scripts are uploaded to the repo for peace, love and kindess. They are uploaded for recognition. Lich isn't organized at all like an open source project where everyone works together for common goals. Its currently more like a middle school pissing contest.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEschaton View Post
    Are our lives now so fragmented and depersonalized that things we should already be doing, like saving those in danger and feeding the homeless, have suddenly become the actions of heroes?

-TheE-

10. Default

You gotta be fucking kidding me. The biggest champion of Psinet when lich was 'unknown' and now you're here trying to force Psinet's support model on the lich community? Its open fucking source.

Ruby is not hard. You can learn by reading other peoples code. Hack it together, read lich.rb for the methods or many of the how'tos written about it.

You're lucky anyone even shares scripts with you honestly, especially in a competitive game. And the 'core' scripts are very well supported, by Tillmen. You goddamn troll.
    Last edited by pabstblueribbon; 12-13-2010 at 11:23 PM.