Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's a gift for those of you forging.

Question for Gib (or anyone) Whats the name of a good forging script that will take you from 0 to master in a forging skill? I know Gib has some scripts, but I am slow today, and can't seem to find them.

Gib pulled them, because he was sick of people bugging him to "fix" them when they were using them incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by caelric View Post
    Question for Gib (or anyone) Whats the name of a good forging script that will take you from 0 to master in a forging skill? I know Gib has some scripts, but I am slow today, and can't seem to find them.
    Dforge. It's ugly as sin. If Tillmen or Gib opened it, they'd light themselves on fire for looking at such ridiculously poor coding. But it works. If it's not still up on the repo, I'll re-upload it tonight.

Wow... this thing is in worse shape than I thought. Still functional, though. I guess since it's not broken, I never got around to fixing it. Enjoy.

Code:
    ##Danforge.lic, by JustDan.  Be wearing an apron.  Have coins in the bank.  Have a container as your STOW default that has enough room for blocks.  This will rank you up in crafting.  Make sure that item 3 at your local forging supply shop is the BLOCK, otherwise change the instances here that order blocks to the appropriate number.  Make sure that the wastebasket in your forging workshop is a BIN, otherwise change those instances here.  Enjoy.

GetCoins:
    waitrt?
    start_script "go2", [ "bank" ]
    wait_while {running?('go2')}
    fput "deposit all"
    fput "withdraw 1500 silver"
    goto "Go"

Go:
    waitrt?
    start_script "go2", [ "forge" ]
    goto "Start"

Start:
    fput "stow right"
    fput "stow left"
    fput "go workshop"
    goto "GetBlock"

GetBlock:
    waitrt?
    fput "get my block"
    match "NoBars", "Get what?"
    match "BeginStare", "You remove"
    match "BeginStare", "already"
    matchwait

BeginStare:
    waitrt?
    fput "stare handle"
    match "Swap", "left hand is empty!"
    match "Swap", "The material in your left hand is not"
    match "Grinder", "Your material is marked with a pattern"
    match "TooSmall", "realize it is too small"
    matchwait

TooSmall:
    waitrt?
    fput "put block in bin"
    goto "GetBlock"

Grinder:
    waitrt?
    fput "turn grinder"
    match "Timeout", "doesn't budge!"
    match "BeginStare", "Resignedly, you get to"
    match "Swap", "you need to hold it in your"
    match "Junk", "satisfied"
    match "Toothpick", "vindictive"
    match "Keeper", "very best"
    matchwait

Toothpick:
    waitrt?
    fput "put toothpick in bin"
    goto "GetBlock"

Junk:
    waitrt?
    fput "put hamm in bin"
    goto "GetBlock"

Keeper:
    waitrt?
    fput "put hamm in bin"
    goto "GetBlock"

Swap:
    waitrt?
    fput "swap"
    goto "BeginStare"

NoBars:
    waitrt?
    fput "stow right"
    fput "stow left"
    fput "out"
    start_script "go2", [ "bank" ]
    waitrt?
    fput "deposit all"
    fput "withdraw 1000 silvers"
    waitrt?
    start_script "go2", [ "forge" ]
    goto "Order"

Order:
    sleep 1
    fput "order 3"
    fput "buy"
    fput "stow block"
    fput "order 3"
    fput "buy"
    fput "stow block"
    fput "order 3"
    fput "buy"
    fput "stow block"
    goto "Start"

TimeOut:
    pause
    fput "out"
    fput "go work"
    pause
    goto "BeginStare"
    Last edited by JustDan; 06-14-2011 at 09:21 AM.
    -Just Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DrZaius View Post
    Gib pulled them, because he was sick of people bugging him to "fix" them when they were using them incorrectly.

Well, kinda. What people fail to realize is that the person writing the script probably doesn't need the help and comments within the script. Those are put there for the users, and it is the responsibility of the user to read those so they understand the functions of the script. Too many times with too many scripts I had to refer people to those comments or repeat what was said within those comment when they claimed to have already read them. Every time that happened, I chalked it up as "time wasted." I'm done wasting time... Especially when all I get is shit on for doing it.

In memory of Ken "Zzentar" Dumas.

Gibreficul

AIM = Lord Gibreficul

Hey Gib.. Send me your rogue guild script.. I won't bother you if it doesn't work, I'll fix it. I just don't want to write a new one. (because I've never even went inside the rogue guild.) haha
    Aim: Rethx

Any chance of sending them to me, Gib, with my thanks, and promise not to ask you for help?

Still not sharing, why do you people even ask? I can't be bribed, I can't be buttered up. No is no... and really, I don't care if you're my best friend in the world, no still means no, so stop asking. What part of YOU allowed LNet to become what it is now, YOU did nothing to stop it from degenerating into what it has become, YOU took the side of the people who decided to criticize and troll me until I took action and started removing my work from the repository. With that said, I'm not about to assist a group of people when 90% of those people hate me until they want something from me. I was born at night, but not last night.

In memory of Ken "Zzentar" Dumas.

Gibreficul

AIM = Lord Gibreficul

Yeah, no, I did none of that. All I did was ask for a script. A simple no wuld have sufficed. But, whatever, if it made you feel better to get that off your chest, good.

I'll ask simply because I can't figure out the problem.

I've lost two forging-hammers so far. My guess is that if I used ";e forge_squelch(false)" to enter debug mode, I might actually see what happened. However, while two forging-hammers is a lot of time to replace (20 hours avg or so), it has happened once per forging skill mastered.

I've shown the log of each event below starting with the most recent.

[Kobold Forge]
    A large, black iron anvil stands in the center of this chamber. Within easy reach to either side of the anvil are a brick forge and a tempering trough. Directly above the trough, suspended by a web of delicate, mithril chains, hangs a teardrop-cut crystal easily the size of a giantman. One corner of the room is taken up by a cistern bearing the embossed brass image of a potbellied kobold, and a leather bucket hangs from a hook on the wall next to it. Heat from the brick forge fills the chamber. Some discarded oilskins rest haphazardly in the corner. You also see a red iron door.
    Obvious exits: none

>get mybar
    >get my bar
    Get what?

>rem for
    You remove a hammered bronze bar from in your felt longcoat.
    You remove a perfect maoral-handled mithril forging-hammer from your belt.

>;u

--- Lich: autoforge unpaused.

The material you intend to forge has not been scribed with a pattern to work from. You need to use a glyph from the workbench to mark your material first.

[Kobold Workshop]
    Uneven gaps between the rough-hewn planks of the walls make it clear that the workshop's walls are intended to only block out the worst of the weather. Crowded with a grinder, polisher and a workbench with a vise, this room is perhaps a third of the building's interior. Besides the exit, a red iron door pierces the center of the hut's one interior wall. For whatever reason, the bases of the workbench, grinder and polisher have each been carved with images of scampering rats. You also see a rental hourglass, a large sign and a wooden bin.
    Obvious exits: out

You put a hammered bronze bar in your felt longcoat.
    You remove a hammered bronze bar from in your felt longcoat.

[Public Workshops Supply Stall]
    A tin-clad counter occupies the center of the stall, and a large sign hangs from the main post that rises in the stall's center. An almost grim faced half-elf, with broad shoulders and muscled biceps, stands behind the counter, a polished mithril toothpick held in her teeth. You also see a large placard, the clerk Samilla, a wooden sign and some forging workshops.
    Also here: Boora
    Obvious paths: south

[Kobold Workshop]
    Uneven gaps between the rough-hewn planks of the walls make it clear that the workshop's walls are intended to only block out the worst of the weather. Crowded with a grinder, polisher and a workbench with a vise, this room is perhaps a third of the building's interior. Besides the exit, a red iron door pierces the center of the hut's one interior wall. For whatever reason, the bases of the workbench, grinder and polisher have each been carved with images of scampering rats. You also see a rental hourglass, a large sign and a wooden bin.

[Kobold Forge]
    A large, black iron anvil stands in the center of this chamber. Within easy reach to either side of the anvil are a brick forge and a tempering trough. Directly above the trough, suspended by a web of delicate, mithril chains, hangs a teardrop-cut crystal easily the size of a giantman. One corner of the room is taken up by a cistern bearing the embossed brass image of a potbellied kobold, and a leather bucket hangs from a hook on the wall next to it. Heat from the brick forge fills the chamber. Some discarded oilskins rest haphazardly in the corner. You also see a red iron door.

Your material is marked with a pattern, next you'll need to shape it somehow.
    Roundtime: 30 sec.

Get what?
    To work material at the forge you'll need to be holding your forging-hammer in your right hand.

Get what?

You remove a well-made maple-handled mithril forging-hammer from your belt.
    >;u

--- Lich: autoforge unpaused.

The material you intend to forge has not been scribed with a pattern to work from. You need to use a glyph from the workbench to mark your material first.

[Spider Workshop]
    Uneven gaps between the rough-hewn planks of the walls make it clear that the workshop's walls are intended to only block out the worst of the weather. Crowded with a grinder, polisher and a workbench with a vise, this room is perhaps a third of the building's interior. Besides the exit, a red iron door pierces the center of the hut's one interior wall. For whatever reason, the bases of the workbench, grinder and polisher have each been carved with images of scampering rats. You also see a wooden bin, a large sign and a rental hourglass.

In the skill of fletching, you are a master with 500 ranks.
    You put a hammered bronze bar in your satin robes.
    You remove a hammered bronze bar from in your satin robes.

[Public Workshops Supply Stall]
    A tin-clad counter occupies the center of the stall, and a large sign hangs from the main post that rises in the stall's center. An almost grim faced half-elf, with broad shoulders and muscled biceps, stands behind the counter, a polished mithril toothpick held in her teeth. You also see a large placard, the clerk Samilla, a wooden sign and some forging workshops.
    Obvious paths: south

[Spider Workshop]
    Uneven gaps between the rough-hewn planks of the walls make it clear that the workshop's walls are intended to only block out the worst of the weather. Crowded with a grinder, polisher and a workbench with a vise, this room is perhaps a third of the building's interior. Besides the exit, a red iron door pierces the center of the hut's one interior wall. For whatever reason, the bases of the workbench, grinder and polisher have each been carved with images of scampering rats. You also see a wooden bin, a large sign and a rental hourglass.

[Spider Forge]
    A large, black iron anvil stands in the center of this chamber. Within easy reach to either side of the anvil are a brick forge and a tempering trough. Directly above the trough, suspended by a web of delicate, mithril chains, hangs a teardrop-cut crystal easily the size of a giantman. One corner of the room is taken up by a cistern bearing the embossed brass image of a crouching spider, and a leather bucket hangs from a hook on the wall next to it. Heat from the brick forge fills the chamber. Some discarded oilskins rest haphazardly in the corner. You also see a red iron door.

Your material is marked with a pattern, next you'll need to shape it somehow.
    Roundtime: 30 sec.
    Get what?
    To work material at the forge you'll need to be holding your forging-hammer in your right hand.

So, in both cases, I removed my forging-hammer while in the forge and unpaused autoforge. Then the script does something with the forging hammer. After looking through the script, I can't detect what may have happened. I don't see anything that would have put the hammer anywhere else.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Boora; 09-18-2011 at 09:34 PM.
    Boora's General Store

a gear-marked grey stone edifice with two gears covering the top

Wehnimer's Landing
    Lich ID: 5631
    Map ID: 19

Quote Originally Posted by Boora View Post
    I'll ask simply because I can't figure out the problem.

I've lost two forging-hammers so far. My guess is that if I used ";e forge_squelch(false)" to enter debug mode, I might actually see what happened. However, while two forging-hammers is a lot of time to replace (20 hours avg or so), it has happened once per forging skill mastered.

I've shown the log of each event below starting with the most recent.

So, in both cases, I removed my forging-hammer while in the forge and unpaused autoforge. Then the script does something with the forging hammer. After looking through the script, I can't detect what may have happened. I don't see anything that would have put the hammer anywhere else.

Any thoughts?
    YOU broke it, and I don't give a shit... Stop using it if it's broken... and STFU