Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boardwalk Empire

Default Boardwalk Empire

Anyone else a fan/keeping up with the show?

It's definitely a slow burn kind of series, a lot of various threads that are all slowly coming together and the characters are all pretty interesting.

I don't know what to think of Nucky and Ms. Schroeder.. I know Nucky legitimately finds her attractive, but I can't help but wonder how much of this is Nucky trying to do damage control since she's clever/willing to make his life a lot harder.

Quote Originally Posted by AnticorRifling View Post
    Retardo ed rectum absolut (vodka)
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    I'd be an awesome woman. So awesome, you would want to fuck me.

I feel like it's the kind of show that would be worth watching an entire season over the course of a weekend. Trying to deal with the sub-plots being stretched out over a number of weeks is too much of a pain.
    Please note I left my computer on and my weiner dogs have been moderating these forums.

I love it. I can't wait for it to come on. A little bud helps tie it all together though. I think you're right though...it's damage control to get that bitch under wraps. I just can't wait to see what happens with his current chick. You know that girls NUTZ!

4. Default

I think he's actually into the Schroder girl. She reminds him of an old Irish lass. Think they'll be on and off for a while, and she'll get jacked by someone to get at Nucky. But for how long this story is gonna take, that might be a while.

I watched the first 90 minute episode and it was so fucking boring that I canceled it from my DVR. It's a shame too because I love Steve Buscemi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I'm a douchebag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drisco View Post
    I am a le doche.

It feels a little over produced. Like HBO can just throw together a cast and story and its instant gold.

However... I do watch it. Not much else on really except Ugly Americans. I dig the roaring 20’s vibe. Maybe because the show is contemporary I feel like it sort of parallels the time we are in now.

Plenty of hot babes in this show... the widow, the flapper and the milf.

I love this show. I think it might be partly damage control but I think he genuinely liked her from the very beginning. And his current girlfriend needs to stop talking like she's having a fucking stroke. Every time she opens her mouth I want to cunt punch her.

Also, what the did they think they were doing with Jimmy's mom? She's supposed to be old enough to be his mom and yet she looks younger and hotter than the rest of the women on the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    You just got Kong'd.

Quote Originally Posted by diethx View Post
    I love this show. I think it might be partly damage control but I think he genuinely liked her from the very beginning. And his current girlfriend needs to stop talking like she's having a fucking stroke. Every time she opens her mouth I want to cunt punch her.

Also, what the did they think they were doing with Jimmy's mom? She's supposed to be old enough to be his mom and yet she looks younger and hotter than the rest of the women on the show.
    Lucy is obnoxious as shit. It's not even just the way she talks but her body language, that stupid way she pouts her lips, uggh. I was so glad when Margaret stood up to her finally.

The only way Jimmy's mom was believable is if you just imagine she got pregnant and had Jimmy when she was 11.

Retardo ed rectum absolut (vodka)
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    I'd be an awesome woman. So awesome, you would want to fuck me.

I think he likes Mrs. Shroeder because she's strong and assured, like him. Remember, he finally caved into her right after she deftly politically fucked him. Plus, comparing her to his mistress at his birthday party, she could actually speak intelligently about something, whereas Lucy makes me want to vomit all over her.

I like the show, but it is definitely a slow burn type of show. I do think Jimmy needs some sort of psychological help though, that shit he pulled with Capone was left field crazy bullshit. I also don't understand his mother, the first scene I ever saw with her and Jimmy I was like "He's cheating on his wife?!?!?" but no, it was his mom. Had to wait 3 more episodes before he was actually cheating on his wife.

-TheE-
    A.M.D.G.

Quote Originally Posted by Gan View Post
    D TEAM UNITE! YOUR HEAD CHEERLEADER IS CALLING, HIS ATTEMPTED RESCUE OF THEe IS FAILING.

I enjoy the show's high nudity ratio. Naked chicks in more or less every episode, always a good thing.

I also enjoy the period of the show, which I've never seen portrayed in a series before. And of course HBO tends to do things well.

Mostly though I watch it for before/after glimpses/previews of A Game of Thrones.

The wife doesn't really care for it, but she is usually asleep anyways. I definitely don't think it is as good as Dexter, Rome, Big Love, Breaking Bad, etc. Probably more at a Californication quality.