Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rescue service

1. Default rescue service

I'm considering starting a shattered rescue service. When you die, my characters will fetch you back to town, heal you and raise you. The service would be open to all areas of ta'illistim except otf and warcamps, with otf added in a few weeks. My guys aren't logged in all the time, but uptime should be at least 80%.

Considering a single death'll be well over 100k in potions once you get up in levels, what do you think you would pay for this service a month?

on an unrelated note, holy shit are capped hunting grounds going to be crowded in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster2 View Post
    I'm considering starting a shattered rescue service. When you die, my characters will fetch you back to town, heal you and raise you. The service would be open to all areas of ta'illistim except otf and warcamps, with otf added in a few weeks. My guys aren't logged in all the time, but uptime should be at least 80%.

Considering a single death'll be well over 100k in potions once you get up in levels, what do you think you would pay for this service a month?

on an unrelated note, holy shit are capped hunting grounds going to be crowded in a few months.
    I've been trying to write this script to be used in TV for awhile but I'm currently the suck at Ruby. I'll be in TV for another few weeks at least if you or anyone else is interested in my cleric auto-fetching your body and want to throw me a script. I'm in game 24/7.

This was one of my original ideas for Maldric, but I never got around to writing the script to do it.

4. Default

I already have a script, but it only rescues my guys.

maybe someone will write one

PUN INTENDED BIOTCH

I think you should charge 50k per rescue.
    Quote Originally Posted by FAPAuctions View Post
    Jaeden fights with the strength and determination of a divine zealot.
    http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=55156
    Quote Originally Posted by IorakeWarhammer View Post
    you really made a whole thread because you got stunned?

I rescue in illy as much as i can. Those who dont get rescued either are in the keen, keep their groups closed, or decay right away. OTF is going to be a motherfucker to try to script that.... The cons grab you, and 130 isnt a direct shot to the portal all the time, then you'd have to drag thru there. Good idea tho. It would take some cooperation on the deaders.

7. Default

My script can rescue the keen, it just hikes up there.

OTF will be hard, with a lot of spirit summoning lore you always land at the cottage, so I'll just do the raising and healing there, and not worry about dragging at all, let the people waggle at the cottage then walk out.

problem is... generally they run deathrecover or resting_routine, so it will fire off and run the back to the resting place.... then spell up. You would need to design a script that they would run on their end and it would force them to spell up wherever you raised them. Use a private lnet channel that you squelch, that will send you the room #, this way you can block certain rooms if needed.
    Last edited by Fatsix; 09-13-2010 at 01:46 PM.

9. Default

Any customers would of course be given a script to handle their deaths.

Its really easy to check anyways, you just code in a roomid check in the script

if roomid==xx
    waggle
    end
    runtotown

easiest way out of otf is chirsm gem every time.. and easy as heck to script.