Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [GUIDE] SBounty

Default [GUIDE] SBounty

Introduction
    The following is a brief introduction and guide to using SBounty. SBounty is designed to replace control of Bigshot so you should not run bigshot manually.

Reference Image

(1) - Modify these settings to set which bounties SBounty will attempt to complete.
    (2) - If this box is checked SBounty will hunt until the bounty is complete, until you run out of mana, have low stamina, low health, or are encumbered.
    (3) - Specifies the name for a new hunting ground when clicking the "Create" button.
    (4) - Contains the list of store hunting locations as well as the default location settings.
    (5) - Area name for the bounty which is combined with the targets to determine if a bounty is valid. Should be filled in by using the "auto-fill" button.
    (6) - Skin list to determine if SBounty will use this location for skin tasks of that type. Should be filled in by using the "auto-fill" button.
    (7) - Check this to have SBounty use this location as the hunting area when you do not have a bounty.
    (8) - Check this to force SBounty to only kill critters that you have a bounty for.
    (9) - Various buttons that do things and should be self-explanatory.

Verbose
    The first thing you want to do is configure the initial SBounty settings and the Default hunt settings. Setup which tasks (1) you want to do and whether or not you want to hunt until the bounty is complete (2). Next, you need to setup the default location which will be copied to each new hunting location you create. Common settings include resting location, hunting commands, hunting scripts, etc. Each time you get a bounty that is not setup you will create (or edit) a location and configure the boundaries. You only have to do this once for each area.

Setup List
    • Get a new bounty from the guild.
    • Determine if you have an area setup for that bounty. If not, enter a name (3). If you already have the area then choose it from the drop down (4).
    • Click auto-fill which will populate boxes (5), (6), and the bigshot targets. BIGSHOT TARGETS MUST BE THE FULL CRITTER NAME WHICH REQUIRES MY BIGSHOT UPDATE (;repo download bigshot).
    • If you want this location to be the default location when you don't have a bounty to do click box (7).
    • If you want to limit the critters that you hunt to only the ones for the current bounty click box (8).
    • Click save.
    • Click close.
    • Run sbounty (;sbounty)
    • Profilt!

Foraging - A Quick How-To
    I added foraging to SBounty on 8/28/2010 but there is no gigantic foraging database accessible to Lich so I stole some ideas from Tillmen and came up with a way of doing them. You will need to create "hunting areas" specifically for running herb bounties. This is so that you can border off the entire location (like, Eye of V'Tull, Mine Road, etc). Some places won't yield themselves to foraging very well so you'll just have to skip them - especially if they're large (Upper Trollfang). SBounty will run through the entire foraging area check for the herb you want. If it can't be found in that room it will mark the room as invalid and continue on. If it is found, it will be marked as valid. The next time you get a herb in the same location it will already know what rooms are invalid and won't attempt to forage there.

• Create a new hunting area as if you are creating one for regular bounties. I generally append "(herbs)" to the end so I know that area is used for foraging only.
    • Set the starting room and boundaries.
    • Set the area to the same thing as when you type BOUNTY or click the auto-fill button when you have that bounty already.
    • ????
    • Profit!

FAQ
    Q. Does not seem to recognize existing bounties and instead removes and gets a new one when begun with a bounty
    A. This only occurs if you have something set wrong and SBounty thinks that you don't have a bounty it can do.

Q. The GUI doesn't show up!
    A. ;sbounty resetgui

Q. Why won't it turn my bounties in?!
    A. SBounty only turns in bounties when fried and not saturated.
    Last edited by SpiffyJr; 08-28-2010 at 09:32 AM.
    It must be hard to type with ghostcrawlers penis lodged in your ass. - g++

Does not seem to recognize existing bounties and instead removes and gets a new one when begun with a bounty :/

[LNet]-GSIV:Kevea: "i gotta really thank you, Cthulu, you saved me 120 bucks a year. I've been reading all the rants for you, against you, and I decided not only do I just not want to deal with it, you are the largest assclown since BP's CEO Tony Hayward. Man, I gotta admit, I am impressed though, it takes talent to be that much a prick. Congrats."

Interesting - with a resting room id filled in, any calls for ;go2 in my resting scripts will break.

Also, script pauses until I am at 100% mana, ignoring the thresh-holds from bigshot

[LNet]-GSIV:Kevea: "i gotta really thank you, Cthulu, you saved me 120 bucks a year. I've been reading all the rants for you, against you, and I decided not only do I just not want to deal with it, you are the largest assclown since BP's CEO Tony Hayward. Man, I gotta admit, I am impressed though, it takes talent to be that much a prick. Congrats."

You are hard to please

5. Default

The only problem I'm having is getting it to recognize different attack sequences Ie..

(a), (b), (c).

I have a feeling I'm setting this up wrong.

It seems to be an issue with bigshot since the last update though. It no longer recognizes wasp(a), lizard(a), shoot(a) but if you remove the (a) it starts killing.
    Last edited by Shattered Dreamer; 08-27-2010 at 12:41 AM.

6. Default

mine works perfectly got it to work for all the bounty tasks, lvl 100 here i come! woo hoo!!

When I typed ;sbounty setup the setup came up before. Now when I try to go in the set up to add a bounty task I click on the window but it does not appear. Tried over and over, nothing seems to fix it. Also i assume once you get it working it should take awhile for it to run perfectly since you have to enter many different hunting areas?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    When I typed ;sbounty setup the setup came up before. Now when I try to go in the set up to add a bounty task I click on the window but it does not appear. Tried over and over, nothing seems to fix it. Also i assume once you get it working it should take awhile for it to run perfectly since you have to enter many different hunting areas?

Thanks
    ;sbounty resetgui

fixes the screen

[Shattered]-GSF:Baswab: "I got a tattoo of my ass put on the front of my middle finger, so I can flip you off and moon you at the same time."

current issue is that sbounty does not seem to grab new bounties. After the initial run where it removed my bounty, it now seems to complete them - but does not turn them in (even after 15+ minutes), and does not seem to get a new bounty.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulu View Post
    current issue is that sbounty does not seem to grab new bounties. After the initial run where it removed my bounty, it now seems to complete them - but does not turn them in (even after 15+ minutes), and does not seem to get a new bounty.
    Only turns in bounties when fried.
    It must be hard to type with ghostcrawlers penis lodged in your ass. - g++