Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Returning warrior after 15 years

1. Default Returning warrior after 15 years

I played GS3 back in the Prodigy days. During that time I played a Giantman Warrior up to level 20. During that time I enjoyed the combat portion of it but I equally enjoyed dragging people back to down to the North Gate and bandaging people until the empaths could get to them. Even had a few empaths that would let me bandage them in extreme cases because my FA was so high. Anyways its now about 15 years later and I am coming back to give it another try.

Just wondering what you Ladies and Gents thought about these stats and skill sets. I would greatly appreciate any thoughts on this matter.

Str 85
    Con 80
    Dex 85
    Agi 80
    Dis 80
    Aur 70
    Log 70
    Int 20
    Wis 70
    Inf 20

3 armor
    3 shield
    1 CM
    4 Edged
    2 PT
    2 dodge
    1 climb
    1 swim
    3 FA
    3 trade

Also....Back then you could target body parts (Chop the leg off....use the head like a golf ball before they turtle to much). Is that still possible and if so I cant remember if there is a skill I should focus on to do this. I know ambush is for jumping out of hiding and attacking.....but is there a different skill for when your not in Hiding?

Thanks for any help with these questions and look forward to walking (and dragging) in the lands again.

Jelk

You've got some extra points to work with at first so I'm not sure your current per level pace is sustainable.

1xing CM is a terrible idea. It gives you extra combat maneuvers and it helps with aiming from the open. Trading and FA are really pretty useless for a warrior.

Apart from that, Ambush v Multi Opponent is a judgment call, as is society. I'm partial to MO and joining Sunfist and berserking through swarms. COL is nice and Voln pretty much lost its good points (unless a current player can tell me different)

As a baseline

2x armor, 2x shield, 2x PF, 2x dodge, 2x CM, 2x your weapon per level

then throw on ambush or MO as desired

THEN add the skills that you want to define your build with
    Last edited by Warriorbird; 08-25-2010 at 03:06 PM.

3. Default

I would 3x armor until at least MBP then maybe drop to 2x. Definitely 2x in CM and drop FA down to 1x max. If you're going to use a shield there's really no need in training in dodge.

I wonder what it'd be like to return to the game after 15 years hoping it'd be as fun.
    Imagine that kind of disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    I would 3x armor until at least MBP then maybe drop to 2x. Definitely 2x in CM and drop FA down to 1x max. If you're going to use a shield there's really no need in training in dodge.
    Oh, right right. 2x shield for one handed weapon vs the dodge in what I said earlier.

if you plan on doing warcries with the guild you might want to rethink tanking inf so much as well.

not really necessary, but something to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayal View Post
    I wonder what it'd be like to return to the game after 15 years hoping it'd be as fun.
    Imagine that kind of disappointment.
    Because the game changed, or because you changed?

Jelkethra, take a look at how Combat Maneuvers work now after 15 years. Something you'll definitely want as a warrior.

http://www.play.net/gs4/info/maneuvers/list.asp
    The knight departing for new adventures offends his lady, yet she has nothing but contempt for him if he remains at her feet.

The game is actually improved but most the players are grumpy burn outs now.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEschaton View Post
    Are our lives now so fragmented and depersonalized that things we should already be doing, like saving those in danger and feeding the homeless, have suddenly become the actions of heroes?

-TheE-

10. Default

Thank you guys for your insight.

Will go with dropping the Trading and Dodge skill but (call me stupid hehe) I will stick with FA. ( Just something that I felt set me apart from other warriors...Maybe gimped me a very small amount per level) and put more toward CM and MO.

As far as being disappointed I think not. I had more fun in GS then I did in other Graphic Based MMOs (AO,DAOC,WOW) after you peel away the graphics and other things that in all reality are there just for flare and to keep you playing long periods (farming for days upon days for enough just for a flying mount) and having to have groups of 20-30 people just to be able to do some of the special dungeons. The long set of skills that you had to assign and make sure you triggered them at the just the right time etc.

Anyways thats why there is a trial period to every game right.

I just remember the fun times and people that were in GS. (Didnt have a boat load of idiots) people seemed to be more helpful to each other and the RPing was great.

Again for me I had just as much fun dragging people in and helping new players by buffing with my wizard as I did with hacking up creatures.

Gonna give it a good try at least!

Thanks again guys for your help.

Jelk