Thread: the Marlu conflict: an early timeline from Jaeden's perspective / list of my kills.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default the Marlu conflict: an early timeline from Jaeden's perspective / list of my kills.

This is essentially hundreds of pages of posts and logs cobbled together into a rough storyline. Should make for an interesting read. For many, the original thread may be a severe case of tl;dr, but this interesting tidbit of Shattered history needs to be preserved, at least for my own future review and enjoyment. I was fairly active in this conflict, especially in the beginning. I wanted to take the time to put this together to spare anyone having to pour through long threads in search of the action. If you want to skip my analysis and go straight to massive killing, scroll about halfway down the page until you see the date of 6/30/2010.

So here it is, spells have been edited out, and most of the usual game scroll. I broke everything down into a few posts, so continue until the "final thought." Enjoy, the Marlu conflict from the Jaeden lens.

Note: for other PvP by Jaeden in Shattered, see the links here: http://forum.gsplayers.com/showpost....6&postcount=47

************************************************** *******************************

My experience with the “Marlus” began for the first time about 3 weeks into the opening of Shattered. I responded to Mordechai on the amulet, who was getting a group together to hit a warcamp. He left me in the camp and I died and was pissed. Then, a few days later I was in TSC teasing Flamer enough that it put me on their little grief target list. For about 5 successive days after that, a combination of Mordechai, Flamer, and others killed me every night. Usually around 3AM-4AM.

Here’s an example where the early Marlu clan teamed up with Inspire (Madam/Harry) and took out the Voln courtyard:

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=53155

I was fairly intimidated at this point. Had a hard time tracking Mordechai down, and at this time he was higher level than me. His confidence was high. This is back in the olden days when Cervina was in TSC. The Marlu clan as a phenomenon hadn't really gotten much attention at this point. Let's start things off right here with my first kill:

[TSC]
    Also here: Staypuff, a stunned Mordechai who is lying down, Grom, Lord Sheikh, Chii, Novice Oscar, Sweet Sihaya, Cervina
    Obvious paths: northeast, east, southeast, southwest, west, northwest
    >cas morde
    You gesture at Mordechai.

Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground underneath Mordechai! Several of the thorns jab into him!
    ... hits for 33 points of damage!
    ... 30 points of damage!
    Strong strike, punctures lung!

* Mordechai drops dead at your feet!

6/18/2010:
    The conflict was on! They came for me 1-2 more times, and I had heard about Mordechai’s antics from other players, so I decided to make the thread “clips of you killing Mordechai (Mordie) / the special ed Marlu clan.” It is the biggest thread in the Shattered folder if you notice. (as of today it's pushing almost 40,000 views and 200 pages)

Link to that thread is here although everyone has seen it I’m sure.
    http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=53398

I was desperate at this point, honestly. They were kicking my ass. I needed all the help I could get.

My scripting ability was so amateur that my hunting was relegated to the use of a simple SF fire guardians script, which I hunted until about level 20.

The following kill gave me some confidence and was also very fulfilling for a player named Trevelyan, who had a lance stolen by the Marlus a few nights prior. I gave him the lance, which I think was a game changer for him in terms of his perception of their vulnerability.

>cman disarm mord
    [Roll result: 145 (open d100: 86) Penalties: 4]
    You swing your drake falchion at Mordechai's vultite lance and connect!
    Mordechai's vultite lance is knocked to the ground!
    Roundtime: 5 sec.

A cyclops swings a splintered tree trunk at Mordechai!
    AS: +234 vs DS: +163 with AvD: +19 + d100 roll: +86 = +176
    ... and hits for 18 points of damage!
    Blow raises a welt on Mordechai's right arm.

I also took out Calidus a few times, realizing his association with Mordechai. He cried hard, to the point that he convinced me and I compensated him for death’s sting potions.

You gesture at Calidus.

Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground underneath Calidus! Several of the thorns jab into him!
    ... hits for 10 points of damage!
    ... 35 points of damage!
    Awesome shot shatters ribs and punctures lung!
    ... hits for 24 points of damage!
    ... 40 points of damage!
    Strike to abdomen skewers Calidus quite nicely!

* Calidus drops dead at your feet!

By this time I had a pure build and was manually hunting zombies. Still hadn’t figured out bigshot.

6/20/2010:
    This was an interesting day. Spent a considerable amount of time stalking Mordechai. By this time, he had entered me into his script so that while hunting, he would log out immediately. Forced 6 log outs on him that day. Finally, caught him on the trail in transit to the cyclops area in Solhaven.

[Zeltoph's Base]
    Also here: Lord Mordechai
    Obvious paths: north, south
    HJ>
    You come out of hiding.
    You gesture while summoning the spirits of nature to aid you with the Spike Thorn spell...
    Your spell is ready.
    J>

Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground underneath Mordechai! Several of the thorns jab into him!
    ... hits for 7 points of damage!
    ... 10 points of damage!
    Strike pierces thigh!
    He is knocked to the ground!
    ... hits for 20 points of damage!
    ... 10 points of damage!
    Nice shot to the head gouges Mordechai's cheek!
    He is stunned!
    Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
    J>
    Mordechai just left.

**** 5 minutes later ****

Also here: a stunned Lord Mordechai who is lying down, Cervina
    Obvious paths: north, south
    I>
    >prep 616
    >cast at mordechai
    You gesture while summoning the spirits of nature to aid you with the Spike Thorn spell...
    Your spell is ready.
    I>
    Be at peace my child, there is no need for spells of war in here.

Pure bitch move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drevihyin View Post
    Seems fairly wimpish slamming then bringing in another character to sanct the area. I would expect more from a steely eyed killer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbons View Post
    Or a guy claiming to RP as a mob boss.
    Deathravin’s comment to me here pretty much echoes the consensus:
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathravin View Post
    I have to admit, the fact he's doing this makes his credibility as a 'gangster' go right down the tube. This is a 100% bitch move. As much as I don't like to, I agree with you.
    His reputation took a big hit this day for sure.
    Later that night..

The cute couple decided to show up in my hunting area with their little love child:

[Ruined Potter's Field]
    Before you lies the remnants of an old graveyard, long forgotten by living folk. Trees and other plant life have moved their way across the old field, in many places pushing the ancient markers from their original resting places. You also see a weathered modwir trunk and a low-hanging copse of trees.
    Also here: Cervina, Cthulu, Lord Mordechai
    Obvious paths: east, southwest
    >cast at mordechai
    [Roll result: 88 (open d100: 33)]
    Cthulu tries to maneuver in close with you, but you manage to avoid his attempt.
    >prep 616
    >cast at mordechai
    Your spell is ready.
    >

... hits for 10 points of damage!
    ... 20 points of damage!
    Strike pierces calf!
    He is knocked to the ground!
    He is stunned!
    ... hits for 17 points of damage!
    ... 20 points of damage!
    Strike to abdomen punctures stomach!
    Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

>prep 616
    >cast at mordechai
    [Roll result: 71 (open d100: 16)]
    Cthulu tries to maneuver in close with you, but you manage to avoid his attempt.
    >
    Your spell is ready.

... hits for 20 points of damage!
    ... 35 points of damage!
    Strike clean through neck, what a shot! Good form!

Despite these few kills, their confidence was clear. Funny dialog ensued:

Quote Originally Posted by IorakeWarhammer View Post
    You can always pay me off (as you offered that I could pay you off)

I think 10 million silvers would do the trick. You'd be on my "protected" list. LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by HJFudge View Post
    Naaaah its ok! We've been pretty effective in keeping you from leveling
    And he was right. Also, his slamming script created a bit of a challenge for me. Spike thorn was causing more slams than deaths.. so naturally..

HR>amb mord head
    You leap from hiding to attack!
    You swing a fine rhimar broadsword at Mordechai!
    AS: +354 vs DS: +171 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +97 = +310
    ... and hit for 78 points of damage!
    Amazing shot through Mordechai's nose enters the brain!

Roundtime: 6 sec.
    R>
    * Mordechai just bit the dust!
    Mordechai just left.

But his random killings would soon begin to catch up with him.

6/22/2010:
    During this time, Briarfox (Necen in Shattered) was also being griefed by them, and he began to speak up strongly against them in the thread. Here is one of the first clips of his PvP against them. Middle of the page..

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...=53398&page=22

At this time there was also significant development in my ganking powers. My wizard alt reached level 20, giving me not only his person as a scout, but his familar with which I could track players. Although most of them used 204 which obviously negate the familiar's scouting ability, it was still quite useful, as it gave me 3 rooms as points of reference to track their movements.

Briarfox also confirmed that Calidus had been ganking with the group. I wasn't happy, since I had just given him 75k.
    Last edited by IorakeWarhammer; 02-11-2011 at 09:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FAPAuctions View Post
    Jaeden fights with the strength and determination of a divine zealot.
    http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=55156
    Quote Originally Posted by IorakeWarhammer View Post
    you really made a whole thread because you got stunned?