Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: the Marlu conflict: an early timeline from Jaeden's perspective / list of my kills.

Default the Marlu conflict: an early timeline from Jaeden's perspective / list of my kills.

This is essentially hundreds of pages of posts and logs cobbled together into a rough storyline. Should make for an interesting read. For many, the original thread may be a severe case of tl;dr, but this interesting tidbit of Shattered history needs to be preserved, at least for my own future review and enjoyment. I was fairly active in this conflict, especially in the beginning. I wanted to take the time to put this together to spare anyone having to pour through long threads in search of the action. If you want to skip my analysis and go straight to massive killing, scroll about halfway down the page until you see the date of 6/30/2010.

So here it is, spells have been edited out, and most of the usual game scroll. I broke everything down into a few posts, so continue until the "final thought." Enjoy, the Marlu conflict from the Jaeden lens.

Note: for other PvP by Jaeden in Shattered, see the links here: http://forum.gsplayers.com/showpost....6&postcount=47

************************************************** *******************************

My experience with the “Marlus” began for the first time about 3 weeks into the opening of Shattered. I responded to Mordechai on the amulet, who was getting a group together to hit a warcamp. He left me in the camp and I died and was pissed. Then, a few days later I was in TSC teasing Flamer enough that it put me on their little grief target list. For about 5 successive days after that, a combination of Mordechai, Flamer, and others killed me every night. Usually around 3AM-4AM.

Here’s an example where the early Marlu clan teamed up with Inspire (Madam/Harry) and took out the Voln courtyard:

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=53155

I was fairly intimidated at this point. Had a hard time tracking Mordechai down, and at this time he was higher level than me. His confidence was high. This is back in the olden days when Cervina was in TSC. The Marlu clan as a phenomenon hadn't really gotten much attention at this point. Let's start things off right here with my first kill:

[TSC]
    Also here: Staypuff, a stunned Mordechai who is lying down, Grom, Lord Sheikh, Chii, Novice Oscar, Sweet Sihaya, Cervina
    Obvious paths: northeast, east, southeast, southwest, west, northwest
    >cas morde
    You gesture at Mordechai.

Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground underneath Mordechai! Several of the thorns jab into him!
    ... hits for 33 points of damage!
    ... 30 points of damage!
    Strong strike, punctures lung!

* Mordechai drops dead at your feet!

6/18/2010:
    The conflict was on! They came for me 1-2 more times, and I had heard about Mordechai’s antics from other players, so I decided to make the thread “clips of you killing Mordechai (Mordie) / the special ed Marlu clan.” It is the biggest thread in the Shattered folder if you notice. (as of today it's pushing almost 40,000 views and 200 pages)

Link to that thread is here although everyone has seen it I’m sure.
    http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=53398

I was desperate at this point, honestly. They were kicking my ass. I needed all the help I could get.

My scripting ability was so amateur that my hunting was relegated to the use of a simple SF fire guardians script, which I hunted until about level 20.

The following kill gave me some confidence and was also very fulfilling for a player named Trevelyan, who had a lance stolen by the Marlus a few nights prior. I gave him the lance, which I think was a game changer for him in terms of his perception of their vulnerability.

>cman disarm mord
    [Roll result: 145 (open d100: 86) Penalties: 4]
    You swing your drake falchion at Mordechai's vultite lance and connect!
    Mordechai's vultite lance is knocked to the ground!
    Roundtime: 5 sec.

A cyclops swings a splintered tree trunk at Mordechai!
    AS: +234 vs DS: +163 with AvD: +19 + d100 roll: +86 = +176
    ... and hits for 18 points of damage!
    Blow raises a welt on Mordechai's right arm.

I also took out Calidus a few times, realizing his association with Mordechai. He cried hard, to the point that he convinced me and I compensated him for death’s sting potions.

You gesture at Calidus.

Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground underneath Calidus! Several of the thorns jab into him!
    ... hits for 10 points of damage!
    ... 35 points of damage!
    Awesome shot shatters ribs and punctures lung!
    ... hits for 24 points of damage!
    ... 40 points of damage!
    Strike to abdomen skewers Calidus quite nicely!

* Calidus drops dead at your feet!

By this time I had a pure build and was manually hunting zombies. Still hadn’t figured out bigshot.

6/20/2010:
    This was an interesting day. Spent a considerable amount of time stalking Mordechai. By this time, he had entered me into his script so that while hunting, he would log out immediately. Forced 6 log outs on him that day. Finally, caught him on the trail in transit to the cyclops area in Solhaven.

[Zeltoph's Base]
    Also here: Lord Mordechai
    Obvious paths: north, south
    HJ>
    You come out of hiding.
    You gesture while summoning the spirits of nature to aid you with the Spike Thorn spell...
    Your spell is ready.
    J>

Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground underneath Mordechai! Several of the thorns jab into him!
    ... hits for 7 points of damage!
    ... 10 points of damage!
    Strike pierces thigh!
    He is knocked to the ground!
    ... hits for 20 points of damage!
    ... 10 points of damage!
    Nice shot to the head gouges Mordechai's cheek!
    He is stunned!
    Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
    J>
    Mordechai just left.

**** 5 minutes later ****

Also here: a stunned Lord Mordechai who is lying down, Cervina
    I>
    >prep 616
    >cast at mordechai
    You gesture while summoning the spirits of nature to aid you with the Spike Thorn spell...
    Your spell is ready.
    I>
    Be at peace my child, there is no need for spells of war in here.

Pure bitch move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drevihyin View Post
    Seems fairly wimpish slamming then bringing in another character to sanct the area. I would expect more from a steely eyed killer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbons View Post
    Or a guy claiming to RP as a mob boss.
    Deathravin’s comment to me here pretty much echoes the consensus:
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathravin View Post
    I have to admit, the fact he's doing this makes his credibility as a 'gangster' go right down the tube. This is a 100% bitch move. As much as I don't like to, I agree with you.
    His reputation took a big hit this day for sure.
    Later that night..

The cute couple decided to show up in my hunting area with their little love child:

[Ruined Potter's Field]
    Before you lies the remnants of an old graveyard, long forgotten by living folk. Trees and other plant life have moved their way across the old field, in many places pushing the ancient markers from their original resting places. You also see a weathered modwir trunk and a low-hanging copse of trees.
    Also here: Cervina, Cthulu, Lord Mordechai
    Obvious paths: east, southwest
    >cast at mordechai
    [Roll result: 88 (open d100: 33)]
    Cthulu tries to maneuver in close with you, but you manage to avoid his attempt.
    >prep 616
    >cast at mordechai
    Your spell is ready.
    >

... 20 points of damage!
    Strike pierces calf!
    He is stunned!
    ... hits for 17 points of damage!
    ... 20 points of damage!
    Strike to abdomen punctures stomach!

>prep 616
    >cast at mordechai
    [Roll result: 71 (open d100: 16)]
    Cthulu tries to maneuver in close with you, but you manage to avoid his attempt.
    >
    Your spell is ready.

... 35 points of damage!
    Strike clean through neck, what a shot! Good form!

Despite these few kills, their confidence was clear. Funny dialog ensued:

Quote Originally Posted by IorakeWarhammer View Post
    You can always pay me off (as you offered that I could pay you off)

I think 10 million silvers would do the trick. You'd be on my "protected" list. LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by HJFudge View Post
    Naaaah its ok! We've been pretty effective in keeping you from leveling
    And he was right. Also, his slamming script created a bit of a challenge for me. Spike thorn was causing more slams than deaths.. so naturally..

HR>amb mord head
    You leap from hiding to attack!
    You swing a fine rhimar broadsword at Mordechai!
    AS: +354 vs DS: +171 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +97 = +310
    ... and hit for 78 points of damage!
    Amazing shot through Mordechai's nose enters the brain!

Roundtime: 6 sec.
    R>
    * Mordechai just bit the dust!
    Mordechai just left.

But his random killings would soon begin to catch up with him.

6/22/2010:
    During this time, Briarfox (Necen in Shattered) was also being griefed by them, and he began to speak up strongly against them in the thread. Here is one of the first clips of his PvP against them. Middle of the page..

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...=53398&page=22

At this time there was also significant development in my ganking powers. My wizard alt reached level 20, giving me not only his person as a scout, but his familar with which I could track players. Although most of them used 204 which obviously negate the familiar's scouting ability, it was still quite useful, as it gave me 3 rooms as points of reference to track their movements.

Briarfox also confirmed that Calidus had been ganking with the group. I wasn't happy, since I had just given him 75k.
    Last edited by IorakeWarhammer; 02-11-2011 at 09:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FAPAuctions View Post
    Jaeden fights with the strength and determination of a divine zealot.
    http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=55156
    you really made a whole thread because you got stunned?

6/23/2010:
    Since Calidus was clearly misleading me about his association with the Marlu clan, I let 'em have it right away.
    J>
    You gesture at Calidus.

Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground underneath Calidus! Several of the thorns jab into him!
    ... hits for 14 points of damage!
    ... 40 points of damage!
    Strike pierces temple and kills foe instantly!

[Private]-GSF:Calidus: "lol.. another random murder from jaeden. wtf?;chat to jaeden last thing weve said or done to each other was you telling me that youd leave me alone. i havent touched you since. yet here is another random afk spiked thorn murder"

[Private]-GSF:Calidus: "and in typical fashion, happens the moment i leave for work. classy."

[Private]-GSF:Calidus: "fuck you you self righeous prick. i havent dont anything but hunt and drag dead people for 2-3 days straight. you made a truce with me jsut to fucking murder me afk again with your shitty ass spiked thorn spell. youw ere all smiles a few days ago"
    >
    [Private]-GSF:Calidus: "i have work to do, have fun being an asshole"

Oh my.

Not sure why he took that tact, as it went both ways..

Quote Originally Posted by calidus View Post
    [Roll result: 124 (open d100: 71) Bonus: 15]
    You spring from hiding and attempt to slit Jaeden's throat with your feras dagger!

Your aim is slightly off and you only manage to inflict a minor flesh wound upon Jaeden!
    ... 4 points of damage!

** As the blow lands, the feras dagger unleashes a severe smiting of lightning! **

... 70 points of damage!
    Massive shock totally burns out the nervous system. Nothing works anymore.

* Jaeden drops dead at your feet!

* Jaeden just bit the dust!
    This was also not a good day for Cthulu. Killed him 3-4 times in Fire Guardians. This was a particularly funny one after I laid him out..

You reach out and hold Cthulu's hand.
    >;go2 tgay (my nickname for the West gate guard..)
    --- Lich: go2 active.

You gesture at Cthulu.

Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground underneath Cthulu! Several of the thorns jab into him!
    ... hits for 35 points of damage!

* Cthulu drops dead at your feet!

He wasn’t happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulu View Post
    Congrats. You've AFK killed me 3 times this morning when I stopped coming after you about a week ago. Big man.
    (insert a few pages of crying here by Cthulu / Calidus)

Briarfox said it best:
    Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    Frankly, you're just lucky Jaeden hasn't decided to kill you all non-stop. It's no less than you deserve for being jackasses. A "cult" of griefers is great fun until you're the ones dying.
    At this point I figured out bigshot and moved to RR to hunt warfs.

6/26/2010

It was apparent that Mordechai’s diabolical plan to rule Elanthia was coming fully into fruition:

[Shattered]-GSF:Roflcopter: "Ok I'm done pooping, what did I miss?"

[Shattered]-GSF:Chii: "you missed Mordechai and his gang happily slaughering level 3's again. Boring, no?"

GOOD JOB MORDIE STILL STRIKIN FEAR INTO THE HEARTS OF NEWBS I SEE
    And their efforts were apparently paying off as many characters decided it would be better to give them useless silvers than make fun of them and own them..

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulu View Post
    ********* offers Mordechai a Wehnimer's promissory note.
    J>
    Mordechai offers you a Wehnimer's promissory note. Click ACCEPT to accept the offer or DECLINE to decline it. The offer will expire in 30 seconds.

>deposit note
    You deposit your note worth 200000 into your account. The teller carefully records the transaction and says, "Thank you, Cthulu. Have a nice day!"
    By this time, Briarfox was emerging as another key player of the anti-Marlu movement. He began to organize lists of their alts and it really assisted me in the intelligence gathering process. His contributions to the KOS list were key as I was in RR leveling and unable to do much damage to them. I needed a break. I hadn't been able to advance AFK due to their griefing, which was still organized and strong. Briarfox’s leadership came at a key time, and little did I know that soon my efforts would be eclipsed by the Crossbones Vanguard. At this point, I was still in charge of the KOS list (as pages 35-40 of the thread illustrate,) but not for long.

At this point, also, the Marlu clan was pretty pissed at me and they began saying some pretty vile stuff on the boards about my religion, wife, and character. Others did it just as a response to my trolling, but theirs was more a reaction to my in-game focus on them. I guess they considered it another tactic in the conflict against me. I saw it as desperate and pathetic. This post by Cthulu sums it up:

[Spy]-GSF: Daffy: "Cthulu: hahaha, I been posted negative rep with arrogant islamic comments to trick people into thinking jaeden wrote it - it's working"
    [Spy]-GSF: Daffy: "Mordechai: Operation: Make Jaeden Look Dumb = Success! But...unneccesary heh"
    Last edited by IorakeWarhammer; 08-25-2010 at 09:41 AM.

6/30/2010:
    Major breakthrough. Briarfox stepped up and founded the Vanguard. It began as a proposal to draw in members and ideas. Here is the link to the original thread:

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=53647

I was encouraged and excited. Finally, an organized effort against the people I despised. After having gained a few levels, and with new confidence, I felt ready to put another dent in their organization.

7/1/2010:
    I come back from RR to help the Vanguard spearhead their campaign. Cthulu had gotten quite a bit bigger. Thank God for ambush DS pushdown!

You swing a feras mace at Cthulu!
    AS: +255 vs DS: +100 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +50 = +235
    ... and hit for 47 points of damage!
    >amb cthu head
    Solid strike caves Cthulu's skull in, resulting in instant death!

R>
    ...wait 5 seconds.
    R>
    * Cthulu just bit the dust!

>cas calid
    You gesture at Calidus.

... hits for 40 points of damage!
    ... 40 points of damage!
    Strike to left arm shatters elbow and severs forearm!
    ... hits for 22 points of damage!
    ... 40 points of damage!
    Strike punctures throat and ruins vocal cords!

Had to get their love slave..

You gesture at Krissta.

Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground underneath Krissta! Several of the thorns jab into her!
    ... hits for 23 points of damage!
    ... 45 points of damage!
    Shot shatters hip and severs right leg!
    Krissta screams and falls to the ground grasping her mangled right leg!
    She is stunned!
    ... hits for 18 points of damage!
    ... 50 points of damage!
    Incredible strike pierces heart and runs Krissta clean through!

* Krissta drops dead at your feet!

>
    * Krissta just bit the dust!

Madam was fully active as a Marlu member at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspire View Post
    >116 Jaeden
    You gesture while calling upon the lesser spirits to aid you with the Locate Person spell...
    Your spell is ready.
    >
    Cast at what?
    Oh noes! But alas, the day was not without it’s complications.. (Calidus was still claiming Maldric was not his alt)

Quote Originally Posted by calidus View Post
    Lol. Now you're griefing Clerics AND Empaths who have nothing to do with you?

Also, nice AFK kill when I was fighting a critter.

You've yet to kill me once when I was not AFK.

Here's another one of my kills on you while you were at the keyboard, a few minutes ago:

[Roll result: 159 (open d100: 71) Bonus: 33]
    You spring from hiding and attempt to grasp Jaeden by the chin while slitting his throat with your feras dagger!

You slice deep into Jaeden's vocal chords!
    ... 11 points of damage!

** As the blow lands, the feras dagger unleashes a heavy surge of lightning! **

... 30 points of damage!
    Electric blast goes right to the heart! Fibrillation can be fun.

* Jaeden drops dead at your feet!

You retreat back into the shadows.
    I responded in kind:

Calidus, there's just no arguing. you and the Mordie crew have been naughty (doing all of those things) and thus you're being punished. hey, when you slap the shit out of someone, the slapper always feels a little pain

this has nothing really to do with the Crossbone Vanguard or whatever - I find the premise of it a bit silly to be honest. this is a personal vendetta being delivered in bulk by your favorite troll. get used to it you crying, hypocritical little bitch.
    By this time, Madmountan had joined, and page 44 of the Marlu thread shows some solid work by Liagala and others tracking him down in Anwyn. Hearing about him joining was rather devastating to me. He was a respected warrior in Prime, skilled at the game, and advancing in levels fast. His long list of kill logs on page 45 of the thread show his lethality. Though intimidated, I was looking forward to the challenge. The story from this point on is illustrated better by Briarfox’s posts, but I wanted to put this together for those interested in my early role in the conflict. From this post forward, it's mostly just my kills with a little less commentary. Enjoy the death..

7/2/2010:

Quote Originally Posted by Khariz View Post
    You are totally missing the point. We aren't after these loose-knit fools. That's not our job. We are after the same thing we have always been. We are going to keep doing *our* job, regardless of what these other tools do.
    I can't wait to ambush your head from hiding and see what happens, Madmountan. I hear you're a hard egg. Wanna see if I can crack ya. All in fun. wee..
    The next day, I came back from RR again for another round of ownage:

7/3/2010:

Lord Maldric just arrived.
    H>ambush maldric head
    You swing a dark vultite morning star at Maldric!
    AS: +277 vs DS: +165 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +65 = +209
    ... and hit for 85 points of damage!
    Incredible blast shatters head into a red spray.

* Maldric drops dead at your feet!

Roundtime: 7 sec.
    R>
    Maldric just left.

You swing a dark vultite morning star at Milamber!
    AS: +277 vs DS: +166 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +98 = +243
    A layer of shifting stone shatters!
    ... and hit for 76 points of damage!
    Strike through both ears, foe is quite dead!

* Milamber drops dead at your feet!

And others on the KOS list not worth mentioning:

* Espere drops dead at your feet!
    * Fumble drops dead at your feet!

Oops, got the mole too.

* Mooch drops dead at your feet!

The ghostly laughter of Mooch echoes through the room, sending a shiver down your spine.

7/4/2010: Necen goes on a RAMPAGE! Page 57.

7/5/2010: Death. Page 59 on has a lot of kill shots, worth a read for sure. Calidus / Cthulu were the focus. Here's mine:

You swing a dark vultite morning star at Maldric!
    AS: +265 vs DS: +176 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +43 = +164
    ... and hit for 61 points of damage!
    Brain driven into neck by mammoth downswing!

You come out of hiding.
    You gesture at Cthulu.

Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground underneath Cthulu! Several of the thorns jab into him!
    ... hits for 25 points of damage!
    ... 15 points of damage!
    Well aimed shot, punctures calf!
    He is stunned!
    ... hits for 18 points of damage!
    ... 10 points of damage!
    Strike pierces thigh!
    (Forcing stance down to guarded)
    >
    Cthulu just left.

HR>amb cth hea
    AS: +335 vs DS: +107 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +75 = +333
    ... and hit for 69 points of damage!
    Tremendous blow crushes skull like a ripe melon.

Roundtime changed to 3 seconds.
    R>
    Cthulu just left.

[Spy]-GSF: Daffy: "Cthulu: Jaeden got me AGAIN"
    [Spy]-GSF: Daffy: "Cthulu: trying to decide on puncture or crushing resistance for my armor"
    [Spy]-GSF: Daffy: "Cthulu: most our enemies seem to use lances, but jaeden uses maces"
    [Spy]-GSF: Daffy: "Calidus: puncture will help with spike thorn"
    [Spy]-GSF: Daffy: "Cthulu: although jaeden uses a feras mace, which is instant death no matter what do to the flare"
    Last edited by IorakeWarhammer; 08-29-2010 at 08:42 AM.

7/13/2010:
    The curse bomber goes down. For any who may not be aware, he was going into hunting areas and dropping cursed gems, which was causing tons of problems for everyone's looting scripts. Also, he was putting cursed boxes on the tables of various locksmiths. It caused quite a fiasco. We figured out he was one of the Marlus although he initially made a huge effort to deny it. He is the sorcerer alt of Someone, the highest level Empath in the game. (Shakira/House are his other known alts)

HR>sneak s
    [Outlands Manor, Exterior]
    The flagstones paving the manor yard are more visible here along the front of the manor house, because the obstructing weeds have been trodden upon by foot traffic between the west door of the house and the tower on the rise just to the north. Only a trio of thistles rooted tight against the manor house's foundation have persisted and now present prickly nuisances to those who pass by. You also see the Oblivion disk, a dobrem and a dobrem.
    Also here: Oblivion
    Roundtime: 3 sec.
    HR>
    Oblivion glances around, looking a bit less confident.
    HR>cas obliv
    You come out of hiding.
    You gesture at Oblivion.

Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground underneath Oblivion! One of the thorns jabs into him!
    ... hits for 9 points of damage!
    ... 20 points of damage!
    Strike pierces calf!
    He is stunned!
    >prep 616
    >cast at oblivion
    Wait 2 sec.
    >
    You don't have a spell prepared!
    >
    A dobrem whimpers as she slowly backs away, her teeth bared.

>prep 616
    >cast at oblivion
    >prep 616
    >cast at oblivion
    Wait 1 sec.
    >
    >
    Your spell is ready.
    >prep 616
    >cast at oblivion
    You gesture at Oblivion.

Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground underneath Oblivion! Several of the thorns jab into him!
    ... hits for 16 points of damage!
    ... 30 points of damage!
    Amazing shot through Oblivion's nose enters the brain!

* Oblivion drops dead at your feet!

>
    He had tons of spells on. I kept the spamming to show my anxiety about this kill. He had a script that if you walked in and you were on his KOS list, he would cast 720 (auto-RT), seal the void, flip his disk full of warhammers, and then 720 again for the kill. Worked like a charm. You would only survive if you had impact-resistant armor and didn't get stunned. Necen has a log of him surviving like 15 warhammers. Before this kill, I had walked in normally, not realizing I was already on his auto-kill list. Needless to say he got me good. He later bragged about buying 10 deeds in the beginning of the game and only losing a few. I was glad to take one off his hands!

Upper Trollfang, Sentoph]
    A huge monolith soars to the sky, its peak pointed like a tooth. As tall as it is, it's dwarfed by the summit of Sentoph, yet a few hundred yards over your head. It's large enough, however, to force you to climb a ways upslope to get around it. You also see a skeletal giant that is lying down.
    Also here: Lord Mordechai
    Obvious paths: north, southwest, northwest
    Roundtime: 3 sec.
    HR>
    Mordechai thrusts with a brass vultite lance at a skeletal giant!
    AS: +301 vs DS: +122 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +25 = +239
    ... and hits for 136 points of damage!
    Well placed strike to back shatters vertebrae!
    HR>
    You feel the magic of your spell depart.
    HR>prep 616
    >cast at mord
    ...wait 1 seconds.
    H>
    You come out of hiding.
    >prep 616
    >cast at mord
    Your spell is ready.
    >

... hits for 22 points of damage!
    ... 15 points of damage!
    He is stunned!
    ... 10 points of damage!
    Strike pierces thigh!
    >prep 616
    >cast at mord
    Your spell is ready.
    >

... hits for 23 points of damage!
    ... 35 points of damage!
    Strike to right arm cleanly severs it at the shoulder!
    ... hits for 32 points of damage!
    ... 35 points of damage!
    Strike clean through neck, what a shot! Good form!

You gesture at Madmountan.

Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground underneath Madmountan! Several of the thorns jab into him!
    ... hits for 34 points of damage!
    ... 30 points of damage!
    Fine shot pierces jugular vein! The brain wonders where all its oxygen went, briefly.

* Madmountan drops dead at your feet!

Madmountan just left.

7/15/2010:

You swing a dark vultite morning star at Malevolence!
    AS: +292 vs DS: +214 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +64 = +177
    ... and hit for 65 points of damage!

* Malevolence drops dead at your feet!

HR>amb katz head
    You swing a dark vultite morning star at Katze!
    AS: +292 vs DS: +150 with AvD: +28 + d100 roll: +33 = +203
    ... and hit for 54 points of damage!

* Katze drops dead at your feet!

Here's one of my first kills of Shakira. For those not aware, she goes into TSC and sits there with Song of Noise up, disrupting everyone's scripts and healing.
    2nd time I came for Oblivion. Missed the ambush.. I wanted to get him with my blunt. Shakira came to rescue (Oblivion had slammed) so naturally..

[Outlands Manor, Exterior]
    You also see the Oblivion disk.
    Also here: a stunned Oblivion, Shakira
    Obvious paths: north, northeast, south

You swing a dark vultite morning star at Shakira!
    AS: +292 vs DS: +199 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +85 = +210
    ... and hit for 76 points of damage!

* Shakira drops dead at your feet!

Here's my favorite kill of the entire thread:

H>amb mad hea
    You swing a dark vultite morning star at Madmountan!
    AS: +282 vs DS: +106 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +23 = +236
    ... and hit for 37 points of damage!
    Solid strike caves Madmountan's skull in, resulting in instant death!

And... the hard egg was cracked as promised! Who wants an omelette?!

HR>amb shakira head
    You swing a dark vultite morning star at Shakira!
    AS: +292 vs DS: +201 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +91 = +214
    ... and hit for 72 points of damage!

You gesture at Madmountan.
    For some reason, you feel extremely lucky.

Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground underneath Madmountan! Several of the thorns jab into him!
    ... hits for 38 points of damage!
    ... 30 points of damage!
    Great shot penetrates thigh and shatters bone!
    He is stunned!
    ... hits for 13 points of damage!
    ... 35 points of damage!
    Strike through both ears, foe is quite dead!

[Spy]-GSF: Daffy: "Madmountan: jaeden killed me a bunch this morning"

I was very pleased with these kills as well. It took a lot of work. The anticipation was high. I took a good 2 weeks since promising to kill him to level up in RR with no distractions. He posed the strongest challenge out of them all for the following reasons:

1. He had a script that would alternate hunting areas.

2. He would enter the Varunar hunting area and walk out (as if he was spooked) and then hide and sneak back in.

3. He didn't rest at the Marlu table, but rather he would hide in a supernode somewhere in town. I tracked him down at Hearthstone and also in the Thrak Trophy room.

4. His redux was already fairly high.

Also, when browsing logs of others attacking Madmountan, you'll notice that they would cast 5-10 spells in order to fell him. My one shot kills were actually quite remarkable, especially the ambush shots vs his redux and (I believe) padded plate.
    Last edited by IorakeWarhammer; 08-25-2010 at 03:10 PM.

7/22/2010:

Cthulu just arrived.
    H>
    AS: +245 vs DS: +132 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +77 = +226
    ... and hit for 32 points of damage!
    Solid strike caves Cthulu's skull in, resulting in instant death!

You gesture at Malevolence.

Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground underneath Malevolence! Several of the thorns jab into him!
    ... 40 points of damage!
    Beautiful shot pierces both lungs, Malevolence makes a wheezing noise, and drops dead!

You gesture at Shakira.

Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground underneath Shakira! Several of the thorns jab into her!
    ... 30 points of damage!
    She is knocked to the ground!
    She is stunned!
    ... hits for 32 points of damage!
    ... 35 points of damage!
    Awesome shot shatters spine and punctures lung!
    >
    Shakira just left.

HR>amb cal head
    You swing a feras mace at Calidus!
    AS: +273 vs DS: +162 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +2 = +142
    ... and hit for 29 points of damage!
    Solid strike caves Calidus's skull in, resulting in instant death!

HJ>
    [Roll result: 168 (open d100: 66)]
    Mordechai feints to the right, the skeletal giant buys the ruse and twists awkwardly to block the blow that never came!
    HJ>
    Mordechai thrusts with a spear of darkness at a skeletal giant!
    AS: +305 vs DS: +167 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +26 = +199
    ... and hits for 109 points of damage!
    HJ>amb mord head
    You swing a feras mace at Mordechai!
    AS: +280 vs DS: +248 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +69 = +137
    ... and hit for 6 points of damage!
    Hit glances off Mordechai's hip.

** As the blow lands, the feras mace unleashes a severe smiting of lightning! **

... 35 points of damage!
    Massive electrical shock to the left arm destroys flesh. What remains is useless.
    He is stunned!
    JR>
    Mordechai beseeches his deity for some divine assistance.
    JR>
    A towering shadow crosses your path, as a skeletal giant appears!
    JR>
    A skeletal giant pounds at you with its fist!
    AS: +217 vs DS: +220 with AvD: +42 + d100 roll: +69 = +108
    ... and hits for 3 points of damage!
    Hit glances off your hip.
    JR>
    [Roll result: 87 (open d100: 75)]
    With a fluid whirl, Mordechai plants a spear of darkness firmly into the ground near you and jerks the weapon sharply sideways.
    You deftly avoid the stroke. The darkness flies harmlessly aside.
    JR>prep 616
    ...wait 3 seconds.
    JR>prep 616
    ...wait 2 seconds.
    JR>prep 616
    ...wait 1 seconds.
    JR>prep 616
    Your spell is ready.
    J>cas mord

... hits for 25 points of damage!
    ... 15 points of damage!
    He is stunned!
    ... hits for 13 points of damage!
    ... 15 points of damage!
    Mordechai is knocked to the ground!
    J>
    Mordechai just left.

Roundtime changed to 1 second.
    HR>amb cth hea
    AS: +273 vs DS: +121 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +82 = +270
    ... and hit for 32 points of damage!
    Skull cracks in several places.
    He is stunned!

** As the blow lands, the feras mace unleashes a severe smiting of lightning! **

... 50 points of damage!
    Powerful blast reduces Cthulu to a smoldering pile of ash!

* Cthulu was just vaporized!

Muahahaha.

Calidus searches a dobrem.
    A dobrem decays into a compost of fangs and fur.
    H>amb cal head
    You swing a feras mace at Calidus!
    AS: +278 vs DS: +163 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +3 = +147
    ... and hit for 39 points of damage!

R>
    Calidus just left.

HR>amb shak hea
    You swing a feras mace at Shakira!
    AS: +353 vs DS: +209 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +1 = +174
    ... and hit for 57 points of damage!

The guiding force leaves you.

You swing a feras mace at Madmountan!
    AS: +288 vs DS: +154 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +14 = +184
    ... and hit for 19 points of damage!
    You broke Madmountan's nose!
    He is stunned!

... 50 points of damage!
    Immense electrical bolt finds left eye the perfect conductor to ground out in. A shocking death indeed.

R>
    Madmountan just left.

7/25/2010:
    Day of the “cease fire.” Wanted to get some extra kills in, especially against Cthulu. Why, you ask?

[Spy]-GSF: Daffy: "Cthulu: FUCK"
    [Spy]-GSF: Daffy: "Cthulu: You didnt tell me that barrett was crumbly someone"
    [Spy]-GSF: Daffy: "Cthulu: Id have never wasted the muhammud alter on a crumbly"

You swing a haon-hafted vultite mace at Shakira!
    AS: +306 vs DS: +191 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +91 = +235
    ... and hit for 91 points of damage!
    Incredible blast shatters head into a red spray.

H>amb cthu neck
    You swing a haon-hafted vultite mace at Cthulu!
    AS: +281 vs DS: +60 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +41 = +298
    ... and hit for 39 points of damage!
    Vertebrae in neck disintegrate from impact!
    Neck sinks into shoulders.

You swing a haon-hafted vultite mace at Maldric!
    AS: +306 vs DS: +214 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +21 = +142
    ... and hit for 53 points of damage!

>
    The ghostly voice of Maldric says, "Wtf."

[Spy]-GSF: Daffy: "Maldric: maldric is done for the night, sorry folks"
    [Spy]-GSF: Daffy: "Mooch: what a jackass lol"
    [Spy]-GSF: Daffy: "Mooch: jaeden I mean"
    [Spy]-GSF: Daffy: "Mooch: I started the day with 6 deeds, I have one left haha"
    [Spy]-GSF: Daffy: "Cthulu: jaeden jumped me"
    [Spy]-GSF: Daffy: "Maldric: yeah, tried to save you"

You gesture at Mooch.

Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground underneath Mooch! Several of the thorns jab into her!
    ... 30 points of damage!
    She is knocked to the ground!
    She is stunned!
    ... hits for 40 points of damage!
    ... 30 points of damage!
    Strong strike, punctures lung!

* Mooch drops dead at your feet!

Oops again! I never had access to the SPY channel so I didn't know he was the mole.

SF: Daffy: "Cthulu: jesus fucking christ if I wind up going to pakistan Im going to be pissed"
    SF: Daffy: "Mooch: well it was Jaeden that killed me"

H>amb malev head
    You swing a haon-hafted vultite mace at Malevolence!
    AS: +306 vs DS: +196 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +13 = +155
    ... and hit for 57 points of damage!

You gesture at Cthulu.

[Spy]-GSF: Daffy: "Cthulu: alright maybe I can play this so Jaeden becomes KOS to vanguard ;p"

Then..

[Spy]-GSF: Daffy: "Cthulu: Jaeden jumped me twice yesterday"
    [Spy]-GSF: Daffy: "Cthulu: they are trying to claim the 'personal grudge clause'"
    Last edited by IorakeWarhammer; 08-25-2010 at 03:30 PM.

7/31/2010:

You swing a haon-hafted vultite mace at Mordechai!
    AS: +321 vs DS: +267 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +75 = +165
    ... and hit for 20 points of damage!
    Hearty smack to the head.
    He is stunned!
    R>
    Mordechai just left.
    R>sw

HR>
    Shakira continues playing her mandolin.
    H>amb shak hea
    You swing a haon-hafted vultite mace at Shakira!
    AS: +296 vs DS: +242 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +73 = +156
    Mighty swing separates head from shoulders.

R>
    Shakira just left.

>cman disarm malevo
    Malevolence just climbed out from under a pile of straw.
    >
    [Roll result: 146 (open d100: 89) Penalties: 20]
    You swing your vultite mace at Malevolence's rowan runestaff and connect!
    Malevolence's rowan runestaff is knocked to the ground!

You swing a haon-hafted vultite mace at Malevolence!
    AS: +306 vs DS: +154 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +43 = +227
    ... and hit for 78 points of damage!

8/11/2010:

Ruined Courtyard]
    The iron fence surrounding the courtyard still stands, but the corrosion and rust is so bad in the metal, it's only a matter of time before it collapses. It does still serve to keep out the wildlife, or perhaps keep it in. You also see a waern that appears stunned.
    Also here: Great Lord Mordechai
    Obvious paths: east, west
    Roundtime: 1 sec.
    HR>stanc off
    You are now in an offensive stance.
    H>
    A waern shakes her head violently while trying to regain her bearings!

H>
    Mordechai thrusts with a spear of darkness at a waern!
    AS: +331 vs DS: +172 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +47 = +243
    ... and hits for 123 points of damage!
    Blow to eye impacts the brain.
    The waern twitches violently, then dies.
    The waern rolls over and dies.
    H>amb mord r l
    AS: +338 vs DS: +258 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +84 = +200
    ... and hit for 34 points of damage!
    Right leg mangled horribly.
    He is stunned!
    R>prep 608
    You make a simple motion, quietly invoking the Camouflage spell...
    Your spell is ready.
    >cas
    You gesture.
    Your magic fizzles ineffectually.
    >hid
    Roundtime: 2 sec.
    You attempt to blend with the surroundings and feel confident that no one has noticed your doing so.
    HR>amb mord hea
    AS: +338 vs DS: +197 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +66 = +243
    ... and hit for 45 points of damage!
    Solid strike caves Mordechai's skull in, resulting in instant death!

The silvery luminescence fades from around Mordechai.
    Mordechai appears less confident and fearless.
    The dully illuminated mantle protecting Mordechai begins to falter, then completely fades away.
    The deep blue glow leaves Mordechai.
    A crimson mist bleeds out from Mordechai's exposed skin.
    Mordechai appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around his form.
    The light blue glow leaves Mordechai.
    Mordechai loses the flickering unbridled energy surrounding him.
    Mordechai seems a bit less imposing.
    Mordechai seems to lose some focus as his eyes narrow and shift momentarily to one side.
    Mordechai appears less secure.
    The dim aura fades from around Mordechai.
    The powerful look leaves Mordechai.
    Mordechai begins to breathe less deeply.
    The glowing specks of energy surrounding Mordechai suddenly shoot off in all directions, then quickly fade away.
    The faint blue glow fades from around Mordechai's hands.
    The brilliant luminescence fades from around Mordechai.
    Mordechai's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around his arms.
    The bright luminescence fades from around Mordechai.
    The shimmering aura fades from around Mordechai.
    R>
    You do not feel drained anymore.
    You feel fully energetic again.
    R>

Wow spells.

Shakira searches a dybbuk.
    The last vestiges of the dybbuk are caught by a dank, cold wind and blown into oblivion.
    H>amb shak hea
    You swing a tanik-hafted vultite morning star at Shakira!
    AS: +333 vs DS: +260 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +52 = +157
    ... and hit for 54 points of damage!

HR>amb mor r l
    You swing a tanik-hafted vultite morning star at Mordechai!
    AS: +363 vs DS: +259 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +86 = +227
    He is stunned!
    R>

R>
    A waern runs in!
    R>hid
    Your injuries hinder your attempt to hide.
    A waern notices your attempt to hide!
    R>w
    ...wait 1 seconds.
    R>w
    A waern claws at you!
    AS: +282 vs DS: +248 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +85 = +154
    ... and hits for 14 points of damage!
    Minor puncture to the back.
    >

>
    [Ruined Courtyard]
    The iron gate that allowed entrance to this courtyard is no longer in sight, so there will be no quick escape to safety if needed. A badly mangled piece of what might have been a shield is protruding from the ground, and based on its condition, it did a very poor job of protecting its owner.
    Obvious paths: east, south
    >hid
    Your injuries hinder your attempt to hide.
    You attempt to blend with the surroundings and feel confident that no one has noticed your doing so.
    HR>sneak e
    [Ruined Courtyard]
    The iron fence surrounding the courtyard still stands, but the corrosion and rust is so bad in the metal, it's only a matter of time before it collapses. It does still serve to keep out the wildlife, or perhaps keep it in. You also see a waern and a waern that appears stunned.
    Also here: a stunned Great Lord Mordechai who is lying down
    Obvious paths: east, west
    Roundtime: 1 sec.
    HR>
    Mordechai seems a bit weaker than before.
    H>amb mor hea
    You swing a tanik-hafted vultite morning star at Mordechai!
    AS: +363 vs DS: +197 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +91 = +294
    ... and hit for 62 points of damage!
    Solid strike caves Mordechai's skull in, resulting in instant death!

(100 spells drop again)
    R>

8/23/2010

Cthulu's new alt gets owned. Damn, had to take off my guild badge AND close my cloak for this one!

You swing a vultite and leather whip at Bad!
    AS: +515 vs DS: +193 with AvD: +22 + d100 roll: +81 = +425
    ... and hit for 64 points of damage!
    Neck broken.
    Bad twitches several times before dying.

* Bad drops dead at your feet!

Bad appears less secure.
    The brilliant luminescence fades from around Bad.
    Bad begins to breathe less deeply.
    The powerful look leaves Bad.
    A shadow seems to detach itself from Bad's body, swiftly dissipating into the air.
    The bright luminescence fades from around Bad.
    Bad glances around, looking a bit less confident.
    The air calms down around Bad.
    The dim aura fades from around Bad.
    The white light leaves Bad.
    The very powerful look leaves Bad.
    The light blue glow leaves Bad.
    The deep blue glow leaves Bad.
    The silvery luminescence fades from around Bad.
    The guiding force leaves you.
    R>

And then.. silence. For the past 2 weeks, it has been this:

J>find morde

There are no adventurers questing that match the names specified.

The usage for this command is: find {player1} {player2} ... {player9} and will provide a list of those players present you wish to find provided they are questing.
    J>find calidus

The usage for this command is: find {player1} {player2} ... {player9} and will provide a list of those players present you wish to find provided they are questing.
    J>find cthulu

J>

A sincere thanks to the Crossbones Vanguard. The situation would have likely turned out completely different without your constant pressure on them. A special thanks to Necen for his amazing leadership skills.

I actually want to thank HJFudge [Mordechai]. You were the best villain I've come across in Gemstone history. Your antics made all of this possible. It proved to be much more entertaining than scripting like a zombie with no one making a peep. And, you didn't delve into personal attacks about IRL issues. Had we not conquered you and your clan, I might not have had a chance to say this - but you are the epitome of a love/hate relationship. And although you had times of being a total hypocrite and douche, I salute you.

Someone and Cervina deserve a little credit too. They did a lot of script writing for the Marlus, as well as provided them with a lot of spells and support behind the scenes.

I truly hope you guys enjoyed this!

<bows back into the shadows…>
    Last edited by IorakeWarhammer; 08-28-2010 at 04:53 PM.

Do you hate your wife or something?

It's the Marlu thread condensed, with my commentary (in the beginning) and some select Marlu chat quotes thrown in. And yes, many will be reading it and loving it too.

It's the Marlu thread condensed, with my commentary (in the beginning) and some select Marlu chat quotes thrown in. And yes, many will be reading it and loving it too.
    Sry, I'll only read if you put up a better avatar. I want to see Jaedawg pics plz.

ok you get jaedawg in his troll cave fapping