Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Bringing Down Marlu - The Uncensored Version

Quote Originally Posted by calidus View Post
    In order for me to lose something, I would need to have been competing in something, or have failed to achieve a goal.

I can't speak for everyone, but none of this has ever had a win/lose angle to it for me. I played with people I met, and I'm still playing with those people. Last night I went to the same table, with the same people, got the same buffs, etc. It's never been as black and white, or win or lose to me as it is for some others. I have friends on both sides, truces, enemies, etc. Wouldn't losing require some form of failure to achieve a goal or something? We never had any goal If Marlu has a goal other than having fun, I haven't heard it yet. Though, come to think of it... I haven't been having as much fun lately... so maybe I/we did "lose" in that regard.

If you want to call all of this a war, and base win/lose on the ultimate outcome of which side persevered more in the end, then sure - VG won.

As for the "we knew you were listening" remarks: The proof is in your own captured logs. Ignore it all you want.

[Spy]-GSF: Daffy: "Calidus: Remember that this channel is not secure."

[Spy]-GSF: Daffy: "Calidus: just found out that people are getting info from this channel still"

[Spy]-GSF: Daffy: "Mordechai: Anything very sensitive I dont type in this channel"

[Spy]-GSF: Daffy: "Madam: We do have a Marlu channel mole"

[Spy]-GSF: Daffy: "Oblivion: Try to keep sensitive chat about levels and hunting spots to private. Chat here gets relayed to Necen regularly."
    Problem is you still relayed sensitive chat information. I was there listening to you guys for two months. Anyone who had this information could completely pinpoint and know exactly what you guys were up to.

If anyone reads those logs they can see that even though you guys mentioned it, you gave up plenty of information as to what you all were doing. Just because you cybored with Mordie on AIM doesn't mean we didn't know when you guys were active. You totally gave up hunting spots all the time and your levels too (or enough to pinpoint a close range).

Unfortunately it was a double edged sword because had we acted immediately on what you guys said, we would have totally given ourselves away. So the game became one of using the information in a way that would give ourselves an advantage without exposing ourselves.

Say whatever you want but had you truly believed what you said, you would not have provided us as much information as you did.

Quote Originally Posted by IorakeWarhammer View Post
    hes right guys
    The actions yes, but Mordiepoo tried to revive it a few times and then quit when his penis lance got lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Problem is you still relayed sensitive chat information. I was there listening to you guys for two months. Anyone who had this information could completely pinpoint and know exactly what you guys were up to.

If anyone reads those logs they can see that even though you guys mentioned it, you gave up plenty of information as to what you all were doing. Just because you cybored with Mordie on AIM doesn't mean we didn't know when you guys were active. You totally gave up hunting spots all the time and your levels too (or enough to pinpoint a close range).

Unfortunately it was a double edged sword because had we acted immediately on what you guys said, we would have totally given ourselves away. So the game became one of using the information in a way that would give ourselves an advantage without exposing ourselves.

Say whatever you want but had you truly believed what you said, you would not have provided us as much information as you did.
    We also had another channel that only a few of us had access to, for sensitive information, as well as heavy use of AIM (including AIM groups).

For quite a while, most of the sensitive shit was all done through AIM.

Quote Originally Posted by FAPAuctions View Post
    It's cool, dude. You being a fucking moron, and failing at reading isn't anything fresh or new to us.

I mentioned VG winning twice in this thread, posted another thread declaring the end of Marlu, and talk about it in the past-tense.

Marlu died over a month ago when people declared truces, stopped PvPing, and quit Shattered out of boredom. You just never got the memo.
    You're a devious little booger aren't you? When you decide to keep killing people through your scripts, etc. and other Marlu members/others secretively support that, it doesn't mean the idea is dead.

ZOMG, there is always the bigger and evil dude that comes after the smaller evil dude. It's just part of life. You sir are Season 2!

We also had another channel that only a few of us had access to, for sensitive information, as well as heavy use of AIM (including AIM groups).

For quite a while, most of the sensitive shit was all done through AIM.
    Well that certainly makes sense but my point was that it still bled through onto the Marlu chat.

If you were after someone we knew. You talked too much on it and gave away too much info even if you were suspicious.

Well that certainly makes sense but my point was that it still bled through onto the Marlu chat.

If you were after someone we knew. You talked too much on it and gave away too much info even if you were suspicious.
    Yeah, I/we tended to be lazy, and hitting CTRL+M for my ;chat on marlu macro is way easier than alt-tabbing to AIM in the heat of the action

Yeah, I/we tended to be lazy, and hitting CTRL+M for my ;chat on marlu macro is way easier than alt-tabbing to AIM in the heat of the action
    K, well glad we agree on that. I just don't understand why you or anyone in Marlu would uphold Someone. He just goes too far imo.

9. Default

You're a devious little booger aren't you? When you decide to keep killing people through your scripts, etc. and other Marlu members/others secretively support that, it doesn't mean the idea is dead.

ZOMG, there is always the bigger and evil dude that comes after the smaller evil dude. It's just part of life. You sir are Season 2!
    I PvP in any multiplayer game play, and see absolutely nothing wrong with it. I don't even get how people can call getting killed a few times griefing. "Griefing" means something completetly different in games like Ultima Online, Warcraft, etc. Gemstone players are just overly-sensitive because of their experiences in Prime.

I personally wasn't part of any truce, and haven't modified my behavior in any way. The only effect it had on me is that it killed the group PvP I was having fun participating in. I can't speak for anyone else, though.

I've always been open and interested in applying some sort of rules or restrictions to Shattered PvP (such as I won't use glass amulets anymore when I go out of the table to fight), but I don't expect anyone else to follow self-imposed rules like that. I don't have fun killing AFK zombies, and I'm happy to play the part of a villain -- although it will be with scripts like any good Shattered villain would.

Quote Originally Posted by FAPAuctions View Post
    I PvP in any multiplayer game play, and see absolutely nothing wrong with it. I don't even get how people can call getting killed a few times griefing. "Griefing" means something completetly different in games like Ultima Online, Warcraft, etc. Gemstone players are just overly-sensitive because of their experiences in Prime.

I personally wasn't part of any truce, and haven't modified my behavior in any way. The only effect it had on me is that it killed the group PvP I was having fun participating in. I can't speak for anyone else, though.

I've always been open and interested in applying some sort of rules or restrictions to Shattered PvP (such as I won't use glass amulets anymore when I go out of the table to fight), but I don't expect anyone else to follow self-imposed rules like that. I don't have fun killing AFK zombies, and I'm happy to play the part of a villain -- although it will be with scripts like any good Shattered villain would.
    I don't have issues with what you said. It was the repeated killings in the middle of the night and scripts that make the game crash or screw with SF. That's over the top. Nobody wants to play a game where they are restrained from leveling or even logging into the game.

I mean, on one level, what Marlu did was not wrong when it came to the rules of Shattered. On the other hand though, I think people want a community where they are not restricted by Prime's rules and to have fun. The initial actions of the Marlu took that away for many people and pissed them off. Instead of seeing that and modifying their behavior, the Marlu clan decided to just keep doing it.

For example, the extortion thing was a pretty good idea. It allowed people to pay silvers to avoid being killed. But guess what? Marlu clan didn't follow their plan and just did whatever they wanted to. IMO, had the Marlu clan been sincere in keeping that program up and running, it would be different today. Instead, many of the initial Marlu dweebs decided to be jerks instead, even to the point of killing people who were on their DNK list.
    Last edited by Fortybox; 08-25-2010 at 03:16 PM.