Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bringing Down Marlu - The Uncensored Version

Default Bringing Down Marlu - The Uncensored Version

Including the Marlu Private Chat Logs! Go here for them: http://drunkendurfin.webs.com/FullMarluChatLog-SPY.txt

The basic story of what really went on behind the scenes, extremely condensed, goes like this:

The Beginning: A few months ago, I decided that there needed to be a response to the griefing by the the Marlu group. As soon as I put out a post about it ("Enough of this nonsense"), I got inundated with responses from people who wanted to lend a hand. One fellow offered up Crossbones Vanguard as a name, and the Vanguard was born.

Vanguard Command:
    The Vanguard quickly coalesced around the members of Vanguard Command, with a private channel, who made all of the real decisions. They include:

• Drunken Durfin (Ifor)
    • SpiffyJr (Pandin)
    • Liagala (Bacons)
    • SomeRogue (Jefferydahmer)
    • Naitouk
    • RichardCranium
    • Fortybox (Buddy)

• Tisket (Mooch/Daffy) - Mole Woman

30 or so other members made the group a reality and did much of the heavy lifting.

Methods and Moles: We set a policy of killing or slamming the Marlus as often as possible, making a points game out of it. What really made everything possible was good intel. My first "mole" was Leland, who gave me their friends and enemies lists and revealed the curse bomber and some other things. He was quickly outed and cover stories were put forward, but that's all they were.

The major mole we infiltrated into the Marlus, though, was the last member of Command - Tisket (Mooch/Daffy). As soon as she was added to the Marlu chat channel, SpiffyJr set up a real-time relay of Marlu chats, which you can read at the link above. Without that resource, things would have been a lot more difficult.

Marlu was worried about a mole after Leland and they'd been having problems with Inspire/Madam, so we framed Madam as the mole in our post about the "Friday Night 'Offensive,'" which was the main purpose in posting it on the forums. Their distrust of Madam eventually came to a head and we recruited Madam/Harry to the Vanguard. Immediately thereafter, Madam snuck into their table using Katze, who'd befriended her, and we raided it for boxes worth about a million silvers. We then used the heat of the moment to recruit Katze away from them, since he thought they'd never trust him again. The table-raid struck a nerve with the remaining Marlus.

Scripts: In the midst of all this, SpiffyJr wrote a script that announced locations of any Marlus on the Vanguard channel, and Naitouk built us an SQL database that logged their whereabouts and other pertinent info (AS/DS/CS, etc). Another script, Bodyguard, would flee from any Marlu who approached a Vanguard member while hunting, return to town, then eventually resume hunting.

The Truce: I and others had been chatting with RaneCV/Cervina/Dart and other Marlu members for awhile, and the group's different goals then came to a head, which led to an ideological split and eventually ended up producing (at least in part) Khariz's post and the Marlu/Vanguard truce. Marlu members slowly drifted away or got dissatisfied, and the group dissolved.

The whole thing was incredibly entertaining, especially reading the Marlu chats.

Highlights include:

1. [Spy]-GSF:Mooch: "Mordechai: These arent bright people, keep in mind. Necen doesnt know how you level at a table, for instance. We arent fighting genius's here"

2. [Marlu]-GSF:Maldric: "im fucked. no money left, sharp death sting again, -25 con again. same as yesterady."
    [Marlu]-GSF:Maldric: "died 15 times in one day on wednesday. if you wanna laugh at some logs, lemme know"
    [Marlu]-GSF:Maldric: "im logging. not going to bother bigshotting tonight"

3. [Marlu]-GSF:Mordechai: “Anyway, friday is their Big Offensive against us. So yeah, be prepped and ready"”
    [Marlu]-GSF:Mordechai: “Necen and Co. are going to try and kill us all Friday, have all their goons from various towns coming in to do it"”

4. [Spy]-: "Calidus: loc pandin"
    [Command]-GSF:Pandin: "Oh really?"
    [Spy]-: "Calidus: cervina on?"
    [Spy]-: "Calidus: cervina not running?"
    [Spy]-: "Oblivion: guess not"
    [Spy]-: "Oblivion: i'll get you manually"
    [Spy]-: "Milamber: cervina broken?"
    [Command]-GSF:Pandin: "You attempt to blend with the surroundings and feel confident that no one has noticed your doing so."
    [Command]-GSF:Pandin: "Get me now, bitch."

Special Kudos: People who really beat the tar out of Marlu deserve a special shout-out, whether they were affiliated or not. Props to:
    • Tillmen
    • Jaeden
    • Bloodninja
    • Bhaalizmo

~Necen
    Last edited by BriarFox; 12-22-2010 at 12:42 AM.

cant fucking wait!

That log that I have hosted is only the Marlu Chat log. There is a more extensive set that includes our Command channel responses to things being said. Many of us will be posting our favorites so you don't have to read the 17K lines unless you really have nothing better to do.

Honestly, over the past few months the combination of those two chat channels have made me laugh more than anything. It was like our own private Mystery Science Theater 3000.

Tisket, your activities as Mole Woman were EPIC in every sense of the word. SpiffyJr, without your SPY script it never would have worked.
    BriarFox, thanks for getting us all organized and taking the pain in the ass leader position.

This was too much damn fun.

~Ifor of Shattered
    Last edited by Drunken Durfin; 08-23-2010 at 11:48 PM.
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription!

[Shattered]-GSF:Wiggles: "How come all the groups that make enemies with Ifor end up quitting Shattered once he decides to eliminate them? I'm not saying he's a secret GM, but if he was a secret GM...."

Blog Entries

Man, I really want the custom title: Mooch the Mole.

If any GM's are reading this, I'll cyber!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

People who really beat the tar out of Marlu deserve a special shout-out, whether they were affiliated or not. Props to:

• Tillmen
    • Jaeden
    • Bloodninja
    • Bhaalizmo

Nicely done!

Blog Entries

I think Jaeden is the only one who killed me. Like five times. He might be an annoying shit on the boards but it was good to have him killing Marlu.
    Last edited by Tisket; 08-23-2010 at 11:56 PM.
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

[Spy]-GSFaffy: "Krissta: GOD Pandin is such a fucktard"
    [Spy]-GSFaffy: "Dart: ^"
    [Spy]-GSFaffy: "Krissta: Pandin says, "If you don't want bad things to happen to you don't associate yourself with evil.""
    [Spy]-GSFaffy: "Mordechai: Pandin's just mad he and his kind can't dictate how the game's played anymore"
    It must be hard to type with ghostcrawlers penis lodged in your ass. - g++

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Durfin View Post
    That log that I have hosted is only the Marlu Chat log. There is a more extensive set that includes our Command channel responses to things being said. Many of us will be posting our favorites so you don't have to read the 17K lines unless you really have nothing better to do.

Honestly, over the past few months the combination of those two chat channels have made me laugh more than anything. It was like our own private Mystery Science Theater 3000.

Tisket, your activities as Mole Woman were EPIC in every sense of the word. SpiffyJr, without your SPY script it never would have worked.
    BriarFox, thanks for getting us all organized and taking the pain in the ass leader position.

This was too much damn fun.

~Ifor of Shattered
    Bravo

Blog Entries

One of my favorite highlights from the chat logs is Someone claiming he is a PC mod.
    I like penis.

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    Man, I really want the custom title: Mooch the Mole.

If any GM's are reading this, I'll cyber!
    I'm a GM. You cyborz first then title, kk?