Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: --- error: server_thread: Invalid argument

Default --- error: server_thread: Invalid argument

Literally about 15 minutes after I went up to bed.

Seriously, there are some really gifted geeks on these boards and I'm not just trying to shine balls here. What can be done to stop this?

Do we need an overnight not so pretty babysitting type of front end?

Third party app that logs monitors the connection and logs us back in after it happens?

Necessity is the mother of invention, let's pool our collective heads and fix this.

~Ifor, he who is tired of waking up dead.
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription!

[Shattered]-GSF:Wiggles: "How come all the groups that make enemies with Ifor end up quitting Shattered once he decides to eliminate them? I'm not saying he's a secret GM, but if he was a secret GM...."

if it helps, i used to get this a lot when i was 2boxing and using bigshot on 2 characters at once on the same pc.

When i got my alt to the level i wanted it, i stopped using bigshot on him and never had that error since then.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tilnam View Post
    if it helps, i used to get this a lot when i was 2boxing and using bigshot on 2 characters at once on the same pc.

When i got my alt to the level i wanted it, i stopped using bigshot on him and never had that error since then.
    It could be something with drb, but I run bigshot with many connected chars and have yet to see this error. I've run bigshot constantly for days without any problem from the script. So whatever causes this, I've yet to see it with my use of Lich or Bigshot.

bigshot isn't getting some type of info. It times out. I think i needs to wait longer or retry. I was getting it all the time when my connection was shitty. Usually an hour after i left for work. SUcks.

Blog Entries

Getting this every night now since I got my new computer. Both the character running bigshot and the one not.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Rogue View Post
    Getting this every night now since I got my new computer. Both the character running bigshot and the one not.
    My computer however, which sits about 3 feet from his, very rarely gets it. I run two characters with bigshot and another without, and the only time I've ever seen it is when I let several instances of SF run for 4+ days and the memory leak gets too bad.

I wonder if this is a Stormfront thing. Myself using Wizard, I have never once seen this error and my guys are pretty much in game 95% of the time. I even looked through the last years worth of logs...
    Get Lich (lichproject.org) - Donate to Tillmen - Vote for Gemstone (topmudsites.com)

The only time i get that error is when my isp drops. Auto reconnect fails to reconnect once the internet connection is re established. I use the wizard. Gotta love comcast...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tordane View Post
    I wonder if this is a Stormfront thing. Myself using Wizard, I have never once seen this error and my guys are pretty much in game 95% of the time. I even looked through the last years worth of logs...
    I use wizard too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatsix View Post
    The only time i get that error is when my isp drops. Auto reconnect fails to reconnect once the internet connection is re established. I use the wizard. Gotta love comcast...
    That could be it. Comcast sucks balls.