Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shattered Future: A vision and a choice.

1. Default Shattered Future: A vision and a choice.

Hello,

I believe there is a desire for some in Shattered for something a little different. I would like to propose the following system to further enhance the shattered atmosphere and hopefully bring about a new fun for some.

While this may not be something entirely new, I personally would enjoy it and I hope some of you would as well. While no person can or will be forced to adopt the system, I hope that by providing the proper structure and tools that people would have a desire to join.

Step 1: Choosing your Path

There will be two main choices to signify your intentions on shattered.

Peaceful: By choosing to be a peaceful, you agree to the following: No player killing, no disarming, no casting harmful spells. Basically, you're a nice person and you're not here to fight with people.

Deadly: By choosing to be a deadly, you are choosing to participate in an on-going player killing battle. The only rule a deadly has is to not kill a peaceful character.

Pretty simple right?

Again, nobody can be forced to adopt, but this provides a foundation to build upon.

Step 2: Organizations

To get the most bang for our buck, I'd like to see the following organizations for each path.

For Peacefuls, Orders would be established, (think Prime House) that would promote whatever the Leader of the Order chooses. It could be running hard mobs, scripting groups, roleplaying groups, whatever you choose. You're basically just saying you're a group of peaceful players who have decided to group together.

For Deadlies, we would further establish Clans. At a minimum, I think we should have 3 active clans. The purpose of the clan would be to dominate, decimate and control the other clans as they see fit.

Step 3: Status and Recognition

Since it is difficult trying to keep track of everything, a new script system would be established to allow each shattered player who chooses to participate the ability to see who has designated which path.

Example:

Also here: Necen (Leader, Clan Vanguard), Mordechai (Leader, Clan Marlu), Staypuff (Peaceful), Kaedra (Peaceful), Portu (Deadly).

Another piece of this script is that player kills will be tallied and displayed on a Pkill board. The player with the most pkills will be listed as #1. Clans will also be ranked in the order of pkills obtained by the clan.

Rank -- Name -- Pkills -- Pdeaths
    =========================================
    #1. YourMom ..... 9999 ..... 0
    #2. Bloodninja ..... 1001 ..... 1001
    #3. Mordechai ..... 1000 ..... 1000

Rank -- Clan-- Pkills -- Pdeaths
    =========================================
    #1. PkillersAnonymous ..... 9999 ..... 0
    #2. WeKickUrAss ..... 1001 ..... 1001
    #3. Marlu ..... 1000 ..... 9999

Mob kills (mkills) could also be tracked for the peaceful organizations if there is a desire.?

Conclusion:

Shattered is fine as it is, but I think some people are looking for something more. I think through this somewhat simple system, if adopted by enough people, it could be a lot of fun.

As this would require participation from of all of us, please post any comments or suggestions or if you think it's a stupid idea and not worth the time.

Thanks if you got this far!

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered Dreamer View Post
    As this would require participation from of all of us, please post any comments or suggestions or if you think it's a stupid idea and not worth the time.
    The word "all" could pose a problem, since all players do not read these forums. I like the clear division, peaceful vs. not, but what would stop one deathclan from obliterating another to the point where they leave the game?

I do agree that some players are bored since the major conflict has ceased, and also agree that the haphazard way the first group coalesced was part of the problem. A well-defined and organized attempt like the one outlined above could prove feasible, other than for the players who do not read the boards. Would they be placed as Peacefuls or left hanging out as fair game for any clan to attack due to having no stated status? I look forward to reading future posts in this folder.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bied00bied0 View Post
    The word "all" could pose a problem, since all players do not read these forums. I like the clear division, peaceful vs. not, but what would stop one deathclan from obliterating another to the point where they leave the game?
    Been there, done that.

I do agree that some players are bored since the major conflict has ceased, and also agree that the haphazard way the first group coalesced was part of the problem. A well-defined and organized attempt like the one outlined above could prove feasible, other than for the players who do not read the boards. Would they be placed as Peacefuls or left hanging out as fair game for any clan to attack due to having no stated status? I look forward to reading future posts in this folder.
    Anyone not designated should be defaulted to Peaceful.

Sidenote: in order for this elaborate plan to work you'd have to have scripters willing to do it.
    It must be hard to type with ghostcrawlers penis lodged in your ass. - g++

First I want to say I do not play Shattered. Been there done that in other games.

There is a reason why some MUDs developed the PK flag. Mainly its so everyone who plays gets what they want from the game. The suggestions the OP puts forth are solid and have been done before in other games.

I played a no holds barred game and what ended up happening was people would script all week then get together at an appointed time (with GMs) to roleplay. It was pretty cool. Of course you had your odd skirmishes here and there but overall everyone enjoyed it. It is a viable system.

Well it was my intention to set up a MHO for the 'peaceful' clan. So anybody who was in the MHO could easily set up their profile to show that they were in the 'sugar, spice and everything nice' MHO.

HOWEVER. I was suddenly awoken from my wonderful dream to hear that when they 'wrote' the MHO system, they neglected to make any real changes other than GM policies. As such, 'no GM interaction' would mean no MHO's or CHE's... So that dream was pretty well dashed.
    Last edited by Deathravin; 08-18-2010 at 05:06 PM.
    Discord: Valendr0s#6885

As for the coding, I'd help. It sounds like fun.

However, to do such a thing you'd need basically a database on a server somewhere that one could update easily. Register your character with it with a password (similarly to how LNet works now), and choose your faction. Even display your level tier.

A script would have to run that tallies kills with both ends of the conflict having to run the script to verify a kill (to prevent one side from sending wrong data).

Note - If you're going to do that, I'd like to piggyback on top of it a mob DB script that logs stats for mobs. AS, DS, TD, CS, Spells, etc, that we can then put onto Krakiipedia.
    Last edited by Deathravin; 08-18-2010 at 05:17 PM.
    Discord: Valendr0s#6885

7. Default

ROFL!! YOU WANT PEACE? GO BACK TO PRIME!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelous View Post
    Some people just can't read.
    It must be hard to type with ghostcrawlers penis lodged in your ass. - g++

Some people buy characters

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelous View Post
    * Michaelous just bit the dust!