Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

1. Default

There is definitely a difference in character between Rick and Shane. Rick is always putting himself out in danger for the sake of others, while Shane seems to always want to hang back and not take any risks. There are examples of both characters doing this before and after the zombie outbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    There is definitely a difference in character between Rick and Shane. Rick is always putting himself out in danger for the sake of others, while Shane seems to always want to hang back and not take any risks. There are examples of both characters doing this before and after the zombie outbreak.
    Yeah most definitely.

However, I disagree that he wasn't worth an attempt because he was a human vegetable, or whatever. He obviously wasn't a vegetable (brain dead, only basic stem functions still working). If he were, i'd probably agree. But being in a coma and being brain dead are two completely different things.

I'm not saying she should put her kid in harm's way... but she definitely should have at least tried to check if her husband was actually dead or not before running off with his partner to slob his nob.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    You just got Kong'd.

3. Default

The whole.. shambling vs fast zombie thing..

I think it just boils down to the zombies physical state at the time as said before. Really decayed - Shambly. No legs - Crawly.. etcetera. The brains decay too so that would explain why newer zombies might be 'smarter' and able to use tools.

Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by peam View Post
    The Zombie Godfather, George Romero and Simon Fucking Pegg insist that the agile zombie is fucking wrong.

End of story.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7280793.stm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008...-pegg-dead-set
    From the first link:

Quote Originally Posted by The Zombie Godfather, George Romero
    "My work is my work, and I don't particularly care what other people are doing," he says.
    And The Zombie Godfather, George Romero had a zombie using a rock to break a window in the opening scene of his first fucking movie thats so old its in black and fucking white.

I enjoyed reading both links so thank you for those. I particularly like this passage from Pegg...

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Pegg
    I know it is absurd to debate the rules of a reality that does not exist, but this genuinely irks me. You cannot kill a vampire with an MDF stake; werewolves can't fly; zombies do not run. It's a misconception, a bastardisation that diminishes a classic movie monster. The best phantasmagoria uses reality to render the inconceivable conceivable. The speedy zombie seems implausible to me, even within the fantastic realm it inhabits. A biological agent, I'll buy. Some sort of super-virus? Sure, why not. But death? Death is a disability, not a superpower. It's hard to run with a cold, let alone the most debilitating malady of them all.

More significantly, the fast zombie is bereft of poetic subtlety. As monsters from the id, zombies win out over vampires and werewolves when it comes to the title of Most Potent Metaphorical Monster. Where their pointy-toothed cousins are all about sex and bestial savagery, the zombie trumps all by personifying our deepest fear: death. Zombies are our destiny writ large. Slow and steady in their approach, weak, clumsy, often absurd, the zombie relentlessly closes in, unstoppable, intractable.
    But that does not mean there cannot be something of an evolution of the genre. An in-depth exploration is always appreciated to continue any favored subject. If zombies still have some motor function in their brains it stands to reason that they might still have adrenaline. As I described in the scene from Night of the Living Dead a zombie without prey may lumber about seeming pointless and awkward until it gets a scent of living flesh and brains then suddenly springs into bestial aggression to fulfill it’s only mission in death.

Anyway, all silliness aside... check this link Peam-o.

Ursula 1000 - Zombie

5. Default

Zombies being able to run is the equivalent to vampires sparkling in the sun.

It's just wrong.

So don't watch it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    You just got Kong'd.

Quote Originally Posted by diethx View Post
    I'm not saying she should put her kid in harm's way... but she definitely should have at least tried to check if her husband was actually dead or not before running off with his partner to slob his nob.
    Would you have risked your life walking into a zombie-infested hospital to see if your husband was still in that coma? Not disagreeing that some kind of confirmation would have been nice, but it was probably not as simple as "not in the bed, he's dead/zombie, we can move on".

Arriving at the base should be quite interesting.

Did anyone actually think this episode was shit? I just found the emotions of the characters to be very disjointed and cobbled. Granted, I've never been part of a zombie infestation (yet...), but the whole interaction between the racist guy and the black guy was pretty retarded.

I'm gonna sling racial epithets at you, beat the shit out of you, and spit on you. But then you're actually going to consider freeing me, not once but twice? And then you actually feel bad when your fat ass falls and drops the key? And you chain the door closed so the zombies can't get to him? Totally unbelievable.

You know that racist fuck is gonna come back later too, using the hack saw to free himself or some shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnticorRifling View Post
    Please note I left my computer on and my weiner dogs have been moderating these forums.

That was the only part I didn't like. I understand they're trying to emphasize the point of uniting as humans versus zombies. But really, that whole fight, racial slurs and such just seemed overplayed and rather ridiculous.

I won't say it ruined the episode for me, but did they really have to incorporate such an obvious attempt at diversity? white guy, white woman, asian guy, black guy, black woman, old guy, little kid, blah blah blah.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnticorRifling View Post
    Please note I left my computer on and my weiner dogs have been moderating these forums.