Thread: Creature generation: Must I kill the low level crap for the higher level to gen fast?

Default Creature generation: Must I kill the low level crap for the higher level to gen fast?

Noticing a lot of scripters leaving behind the lower level stuff in hunting areas in Shattered. It's usually 3-4 people running around and nothing is generating from the higher end critters, but there's tons of the lower level ones just hangin' out.

Example: Firephantom / Fire Guardian area in Wehnimer. When no one is killing the firephantoms, the gen of guardians seems slower.

Any input on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by FAPAuctions View Post
    Jaeden fights with the strength and determination of a divine zealot.
    http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=55156
    Quote Originally Posted by IorakeWarhammer View Post
    you really made a whole thread because you got stunned?

Any input on this?
    Yeah, you're retarded.

I believe that an area will only allow a certain number of creatures to gen within its borders at any given time.

When you kill a creature, there's room for one more. The area randomly generates a creature of some type that exists in that area. If it happens to be a lower level creature, the balance becomes a little skewed. If this happens repeatedly, you eventually end up with a high critter population within that area, but they're all low level, being ignored by the scripters, and thus preventing higher level creatures from spawning there.

It's not really about the level, it's just the randomization of the spawning algorithms. If it were an area with three different creatures of the same level, and you were scripting there but only killing one type, that type would eventually be driven out, too.
    Last edited by Lumi; 07-02-2010 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miscast View Post
    Yeah, you're retarded.
    I'm rubber, you're glue.. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by FAPAuctions View Post
    Jaeden fights with the strength and determination of a divine zealot.
    http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=55156
    you really made a whole thread because you got stunned?

Quote Originally Posted by Lumi View Post
    I believe that an area will only allow a certain number of creatures to gen within its borders at any given time.

When you kill a creature, there's room for one more. The area randomly generates a creature of some type that exists in that area. If it happens to be a lower level creature, the balance becomes a little skewed. If this happens repeatedly, you eventually end up with a high critter population within that area, but they're all low level, being ignored by the scripters, and thus preventing higher level creatures from spawning there.

It's not really about the level, it's just the randomization of the spawning algorithms. If it were an area with three different creatures of the same level, and you were scripting there but only killing one type, that type would eventually be driven out, too.
    In my experience this is not true, I've always been kind of a bounty min/maxer where I wil go out on a culling/heirloom/dangerous creature task and only kill the one thing I'm tasked to kill.

The system seems to be set to check for a number of specific creature at a random interval (I think Oscuro confirmed this about a month back when he mentioned sanctuaries taking PCs out of the generator equation). So for instance, in the Marsh Keep in RR if I am the only one there at max gen there will be 3 spectral servants (outside, inside more of these gen), 3-4 chimeras (usually 3), and 4-5 necrotic snakes. I'm an archer so I mangle this stuff in the eye obscenely fast. So say in about 30 seconds I kill the 3 chimera. It usually takes about 30-60 more seconds (whenever the random generation pulse hits) and there are instantly 3 more chimera in the hunting grounds (no new snakes/servants spawn if I don't touch them).

I found the same to be true in Oteska's in RR, inside the Keep (trolls/flesh golems) in RR, the Moor, the Carrack, Hisskra, etc. so I don't think it's just the new coding in the Keep that's doing it.

I hate the way creatures generate. There never seems to be enough of them.

I'd instead like a system where the longer you are inside the actual hunting area, the faster the creatures generate and more of them generate.