Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cataclysm professions.

Default Cataclysm professions.

Since I was not here for the transitions between the original WoW, and BC, and then to Wrath, I was wondering if any of you could chime in on how things go when leveling the new professions.

Any of you tried to race to be the realm first for something like this?

Ideas on how much it will cost in gold to actually max a profession. People tend to be insanely rich atm, with how easy it is to make gold.

What do you predict the supply will be for the new materials? Best way to attain them being gather your own or pay large sums to others? Or both..

Stocking up on current materials will gain like some ranks at first, then it is on to the new materials. But how well do you think the current mats will sell when Cata hits? Like for blacksmithing, you can get a couple ranks with titanium plating, but then it looks like it will be making quite a few of the current epic craftables, which is going to take TONS of titansteel bars, runed orbs, primordial saronites etc. Since it should be a high demand for those will they be worth more at first?

Could level with the new mats as well, but it seems those will be much less readily available for purchase.

So would it be stupid to waste gold now on current mats, or better to use them as much as possible to get close to 500 ranks, then use the new mats.

Quote Originally Posted by AestheticDeath View Post
    Ideas on how much it will cost in gold to actually max a profession. People tend to be insanely rich atm, with how easy it is to make gold.

What do you predict the supply will be for the new materials? Best way to attain them being gather your own or pay large sums to others? Or both..
    Just like everything else in the world, supply and demand will control the cost. What do you think supply will be, right after launch, when no one's had a chance to stockpile yet? How about demand?

Stocking up on current materials will gain like some ranks at first, then it is on to the new materials. But how well do you think the current mats will sell when Cata hits? Like for blacksmithing, you can get a couple ranks with titanium plating, but then it looks like it will be making quite a few of the current epic craftables, which is going to take TONS of titansteel bars, runed orbs, primordial saronites etc. Since it should be a high demand for those will they be worth more at first?

Could level with the new mats as well, but it seems those will be much less readily available for purchase.

So would it be stupid to waste gold now on current mats, or better to use them as much as possible to get close to 500 ranks, then use the new mats.
    Go to wowhead, look up JC patterns. Look at those available in Outlands for ranks 350-375. Then look at the ones available in Northrend for ranks 350-375. After you've done that, come back and re-examine your question.

I keep shaking my 8-ball and asking what prices for mats will be in the xpac, but it just keeps responding, "A.D., you have questions like a fucking dickhead."

Quote Originally Posted by Liagala View Post
    Just like everything else in the world, supply and demand will control the cost. What do you think supply will be, right after launch, when no one's had a chance to stockpile yet? How about demand?
    Obviously demand will be through the roof, and supply won't cover it. But, I would imagine supplies will appear very rapidly, people farm mats like mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    I keep shaking my 8-ball and asking what prices for mats will be in the xpac, but it just keeps responding, "A.D., you have questions like a fucking dickhead."
    I don't expect anyone to come in and say X item will be this amount in gold.

I am asking for those of you who've been through an expansion to say how prices adjusted. There are end game materials each time, being replaced by others each time. How did the prices react? Were the old mats the same as before the xpac, did they go up or down, and if so by how much? Small degree, or very very very large? We're the new mats say 5x the price of the others? Obviously things change and no one can guarantee anything. But look at things like runed orbs, and now primordial saronite. They come around, and start out high say 3-4k when everyone wants them, then decrease to the 500-800g they are now. I wasn't around when runed orbs were new though, or the other things that were around before that. So did they start out at somewhat similar prices in gold compared to the saronite?

Just asking how the economy reacts. How quickly does the AH normally fill with the new materials? Do all the old ones plummet, certain ones which are useful go up for a little while?

Really simple questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Liagala View Post
    Go to wowhead, look up JC patterns. Look at those available in Outlands for ranks 350-375. Then look at the ones available in Northrend for ranks 350-375. After you've done that, come back and re-examine your question.
    I have no clue what your point here is. Sure BC patterns and Wrath patterns take different mats, but apparently you don't understand that you can still gain ranks past 450, with current WotLK mats, and not just Cataclysm mats. So if you stockpile some things you have a headstart.
    Last edited by AestheticDeath; 06-30-2010 at 10:05 PM.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Haha. For some reason I love AD WoW threads (ie. How do I beat the game in a few paragraphs or less?)

Quote Originally Posted by AestheticDeath View Post
    I have no clue what your point here is. Sure BC patterns and Wrath patterns take different mats, but apparently you don't understand that you can still gain ranks past 450, with current WotLK mats, and not just Cataclysm mats. So if you stockpile some things you have a headstart.
    My point, since you obviously need it spelled out, is that the Outlands patterns from 350-375 were epics, and required a lot of mats. The Northrend ones were simple cuts, requiring one green quality gem that you could get piles of in about 20 minutes. Given that, which do you think people are more likely to use to level their professions?

You can't compare one expansion to another anyway. When inscription came out, low level mats were selling for 100gold, simply because everyone was racing to get an alt/main to max level.
    Anonymous is an Idea - not a group.

P.s. This thread sucks, who got their beta invite today?
    Anonymous is an Idea - not a group.

^I hate whoever did. And whoever has time to play the beta. AND whoever did and does but doesnt start a cool thread about sneakpeeks.

The end.

All I know is if I were you I would stock up on as many northsea pearls as possible as quickly as possible. Just a tip from me to you.

Seriously though if your going for realm first maybe its a good idea to get some mats to go to 470 but your wasting alot of money and may still not get it. If you want to be high level and make alot of shit quickly just wait till people farm the greens in cata
    A message board is a place on the internet you can go to find out with anonymity why you dont speak more often at parties.