Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Familiar Instrument

Default Familiar Instrument

This thing has finally moved on to a new home as of 11/23/2010 to the tune of ~50m for those who care to keep track of such things.

A haon-framed tambourine decorated with brightly colored silken ribbons.
    Show: The tambourine is framed of smoothly sanded haon, the skin stretched tightly across it. Brightly hued ribbons are tied gaily to the haon frame, their colors blending together as if a rainbow.

This is an instrument that a bard can loresing to that will allow them to summon the specific familiar, a sleek golden eyed lemur. This is basically unlimited self-mana 920 for bards. The sex of the familiar is currently random, but can be permanently set to male, female, or neutral (don't ask me how).

Here is some additional information:

>inspect tamb
    You carefully inspect your beribboned tambourine.
    After a careful inspection you determine that a haon-framed tambourine decorated with brightly colored silken ribbons requires skill in percussion instruments to play effectively.
    The beribboned tambourine can be played with one hand.

As you sing, you sense that the instrument weighs about less than 1 pound and is worth about 2000000 silvers

As you continue to sing, you sense that the tambourine is a type of musical instrument, although it has an unusual vibration, almost harmonizing with your melody

As you continue to sing, you sense that there is something quite unusual about the instrument. It is warm beneath your touch, and responds with increasing vibration to your song, almost as if it were alive.

You sense that the tambourine is of a time long past. The power contained within sings to you of ancient magic and friendship, loyal companionship and steadfast honor. The instrument grows still warmer beneath your hands, and suddenly, you sense a friendly presence in your mind.

A sleek golden-eyed lemur scampers into the area and moves to stand next to you, her long tail slightly curling around your leg.

>look lemur
    The lemur appears to be a magnificent specimen of her kind. A barely perceptible aura encompasses her and a distinct look of intelligence fills her glittering eyes.
    Last edited by grossm; 11-23-2010 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Update.

Free bump get it while you can

Quote Originally Posted by Drevihyin View Post
    bump, get it free while you can

FIXED! now give it to me!
    Bob Goatse: Who told you that? Why do you think I'm living on the frigging Christmas Islands now, huh? Two trips from Columbia and I've flooded the market. The price of cocaine in the entire state of Ohio dropped to half because they didn't realise how much I could carry. The drug barons want to put a cap in my ass now.

4. Default

I realize this is a rare and sought-after item, but can someone explain its purpose? If you're a wizard you can summon your own familiar, and if you're not you can't cast familiar gate. Is this just for the novelty factor?

When using this type of instrument a bard is able to call a familiar. I'm not sure how many are in prime maye 8 or so?
    Last edited by Drevihyin; 06-22-2010 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobrobertbobson View Post
    I realize this is a rare and sought-after item, but can someone explain its purpose? If you're a wizard you can summon your own familiar, and if you're not you can't cast familiar gate. Is this just for the novelty factor?
    The call familiar spell has uses for locating people, communicating with people and rp. It was a spell before gate was.

So I think it has lots of uses.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffel View Post
    The call familiar spell has uses for locating people, communicating with people and rp. It was a spell before gate was.

So I think it has lots of uses.
    Thanks, that helps.

And Soulpieced owned it for years, so it has to be good.

It's as good as giving a bard 116, which is pretty freakin' awesome if you ask me.

Also, it can try to find help if you die.

I love mine, it was a worthwhile investment imo.

My only complaint is that it's a one handed instrument. The bagpipes are two-handed?