Thread: PsiSage Scripting

Default PsiSage Scripting

Been writing lots of scripts for SF recently but I have sorta hit a wall. There only so much that can be done with FE scripting. Now I am looking at Sage and well, the shit is complex. I wonder if anyone knows of a good tutorial I can take a look at. I also wouldn't mind checking out some sample scripts writen for PsiSage.

Sometimes seeing how someone else solved a problem can help me come up with ways on how to solve my own.

If you want more help with advance scripting I'd recommend using Lich.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting
    (wrathbringer78) I think that's it. Viril is one big obnoxious ambient script.

Not sure if you have read this yet, posting it so you can see alot of the functions for Sage scripting. I been trying to convert a few of my SF into Sage. Hope this helps.

http://psinet.dynalias.net/wiki/index.php/SageScript

Quote Originally Posted by Murkshev View Post
    Not sure if you have read this yet, posting it so you can see alot of the functions for Sage scripting. I been trying to convert a few of my SF into Sage. Hope this helps.

http://psinet.dynalias.net/wiki/index.php/SageScript
    Thanks for the link but I have been reading the hell out of that page lately. I am still having a hard time understanding most of the concepts. I'll just keep at it and try out some test scripts.

I was looking at the special variables and thought they would be very useful but they don't appear to contain any strings that are usable. For example; I have written a regular script for SF that looks for any items dropped by a recently killed critter. If it sees any it will store my weapon/shield, opens a container, picks up the item, stow it in the container, closes the container and finally readies a weapon/shield.

I am sure you can imagine the inherent problems with writing such a script for SF with the tools provided. The match list is long and the matches don't always work as intended. Yesterday it would not pick up a strongbox because it thought it was a box. Everyday, the match list gets longer and longer. I know that a Sage script would make this work a lot smoother and error free but I can't figure out how I would apply the special variables to make it happen.

Nevermind
    Last edited by TheThirdEye; 06-19-2010 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Switched to Lich