Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bonded weapon return on disarm?

Default Bonded weapon return on disarm?

Does this always work? What if the critter picks up the weapon after he disarms me, or what if I die without the weapon in my hand? Will it still come back to me? This seems like something I'd rather learn about by asking rather than field-testing....

Basically, I'm wondering if I should be using my bonded weapon against critters that disarm, or if I should be using a cheaper back-up weapon.

The weapon will fly out of the jerk's hand.

The only risk is being killed while the weapon is out of your possession. That and someone picking it up and stashing it before it flies back to you. I'm not aware of their ability to fly out of containers.
    Looking for: krodera items, the gleaming krodera long knife, oldstyle katanas

August 20, 2006
    >just ban
    You are currently banished from Wehnimer's Landing.

>ask clerk about citizen
    The clerk says, "Hrrrm, Mogonis, you do seem to be eligible for full citizenship. Just WRITE your name in the book if you wish to make it official."

>write book
    You sign your name into the citizenship registration book, fully agreeing to the duties and privileges full citizenship provides you.

3. Default

As long as the creature or you do not leave the room, if you are disarmed or hurl the weapon, it will return. If you GIVE, drop, or otherwise voluntarily release the weapon (except for hurling), it will NOT return. If you are disarmed and someone else picks up the weapon and stashes it before it returns, it will not fly out of the container.

Also, keep in mind that a paladin-bonded weapon is usable only by that paladin until s/he makes a new bond with a different weapon.
    Truth, Justice and the Arabian way!

I believe bonding will NOT stop a creature from taking your weapon from your corpse... someone please confirm or deny.

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I believe bonding will NOT stop a creature from taking your weapon from your corpse... someone please confirm or deny.
    It won't.

6. Default

It will not.
    I've not seen a bonded weapon return to a corpse, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan Dreams View Post
    It will not.
    I've not seen a bonded weapon return to a corpse, either.
    I won't do that either.

Although I think it would be sexy if the bond extended into death.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastShamurai View Post
    I won't do that either.

Although I think it would be sexy if the bond extended into death.
    It should, since it's a spiritual bond, and not a physical one. But GS policy is that cool things or things that make sense are strictly forbidden.

I actually just recently had my +17 bonded claidhmore disarmed while sprinting through the labyrinth... Didn't realize until I was back on the Plateau...

When I went back in and found the warrior who took it, I assumed it was too late for it to come back to me, and didn't want to risk a beatdown, so i had a backup weapon in my right hand..

I'm curious as to if it would have come back had my right hand been empty.

Blog Entries

It would be cool if the sword just flew back at the Paladin after death and stuck into them.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites