Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption

Default Red Dead Redemption

Anyone picking this up next week? I've grown kind of tired of the clan I game with in BFBC2 and that action is getting kind of stale.

I really like the idea of an old west MMO on the console, it feels like something that hasn't been looked at but that seems to be well thought out. Open world, multiplayer posses, good looking single player experience, I don't see much wrong with the concept.

http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption/
    Quote Originally Posted by GS4Ranger View Post
    The PC is where the brains are...

I played this at PAX East ,and I can vouch for it's awesomeness. I can't wait to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by AnticorRifling View Post
    Retardo ed rectum absolut (vodka)
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    I'd be an awesome woman. So awesome, you would want to fuck me.

Blog Entries

I have it reserved. I do hope it isn't exactly a GTA3-4 set in the wild west. Is there a leveling system?
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

I'll post it here for everyone to see! It's similar to Grand Theft Auto but not a wild west clone.

There is leveling, there's also skills and stats that factor into determining whether you hit or miss or kill a target, etc.

There's an honor meter and a fame meter. You get to control whether you're a good guy or a bad guy and the meters adjust.

Some of the content is good solo and some will require a posse. Obviously, there are mounts. Only 16 players are allowed in each lobby though.

Quote Originally Posted by AnticorRifling View Post
    Retardo ed rectum absolut (vodka)
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    I'd be an awesome woman. So awesome, you would want to fuck me.

Cannot. Fucking. Wait.
    Xcalibur - The fool that enter a fool's game is fooler.
    PB - 9000 is 95% of 18000

Also played it at PAX East. Pre-ordered it the same day. I didn't even know it had multiplayer until this post.

Can't wait. There are two types of online games, Free roam (can form up to 8v8 posse, and just roam around the world, doing objectives/events. Think 16 person MMO), and the more traditional shooter type online game modes (capture the flag, king of the hill, etc).
    Last edited by Guarrin; 05-15-2010 at 07:48 PM.

OK, glad I wasn't the only one looking forward to this. Shall we prepare to create the PC Posse on PS3? Perhaps a plurality of posse's since I'm not sure if you can mix honorable and dishonorable members in the same group. I hope we don't have the WoW or Star Trek problem with everyone going one side because of how much easier it is than the other.

EDIT: Apparently there is some exclusive content for the PS3 (http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/14/re...ontent-on-ps3/) if that sways your choice of console version additionally.
    Last edited by Revalos; 05-15-2010 at 09:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GS4Ranger View Post
    The PC is where the brains are...

I have it preordered. Won't be actually playing it for a week or two though (PS3 broke, waiting on new one from Sony to get here), but I'll probably rent it on 360 in the meantime. Shit looks fucking epic in every way.

Only 16 players are allowed in each lobby though.
    That sucks, I thought free roam would support way more than 16 at once. Hopefully they'll throw in some DLC later that increases it.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I have it preordered. Won't be actually playing it for a week or two though (PS3 broke, waiting on new one from Sony to get here), but I'll probably rent it on 360 in the meantime. Shit looks fucking epic in every way.

That sucks, I thought free roam would support way more than 16 at once. Hopefully they'll throw in some DLC later that increases it.
    This is usually server side stuff, they can't host much more than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting
    (wrathbringer78) I think that's it. Viril is one big obnoxious ambient script.