Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why did you quit Gemstone?

1. Post Why did you quit Gemstone?

Just wondering why some of you guys quit Gemstone...

Also, how long did you play and is there a chance that you will come back and play Prime or Shattered? Why?
    I will probably play Gemstone IV next year. Right now I got to familiarize myself with the game (By reading all of play.net).

GM's enforcing gay ass rules.

Lack of players.

Played for years and years and years.

No real chance of permanent return for shattered. Too expensive.

I quit for six years because I was burned out, and was working too hard in school to really play. I came back because of the roleplaying, there's no game like it out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting
    (wrathbringer78) I think that's it. Viril is one big obnoxious ambient script.

Blog Entries

I've played for 2 months in the past year and a half or so. Basically, without Dev for sorcerers there was not enough going on in game for me to try to work full time, school part time, and play. I will return once either Tiqal or Strathspey gets serious about the sorcerer lore review.
    Last edited by Fallen; 05-06-2010 at 11:21 PM. Reason: I played for roughly the past decade+ on and off.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

I would say because there was nowhere to go after cap and Nelemar but if I was being totally honest I'd say the RP, 'magic' of the game and population.
    The friends I didn't see any more and pretty much everywhere I went to look for it was like a ghost town with just memories so I put it down.

I stopped playing once because of lack of time and once because of lack of resources and liquidating helped pay for my last semester of undergrad.

I came back because I have a really good job with some not so great hours and some time to kill at odd times of the day. And really, echoing Drew, I haven't been able to find another roleplaying community like this one. I really enjoy the people, the lore and the world that can be impacted and changed based on the characters actions who live in it.
    Last edited by HouseofElves; 05-06-2010 at 11:33 PM.

Carpal tunnel kicking my ass in the worst way. Fatherhood kicking my ass in the best way.

RL

In my case the question would be "Why haven't you quit Gemstone yet?"

The answer is I don't fucking know.
    Last edited by Methais; 05-06-2010 at 11:55 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

I can actually access the game from work when I do play, so my usual excuse of no time doesn't really fly now (although it was true when I cancelled my accounts).

So I'll probably reactivate eventually and give Shattered a whirl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow