Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pinefar treasure system re-evaluated.

Default Pinefar treasure system re-evaluated.

Post From the Officials

Recent abuse of the treasure system by a handful of players has generated quite a bit of debate between GameMasters and other staff, prompting a general meeting on the topic last Tuesday. The negative impact on other players due to the devaluation of coins proved to be the consensus view, but many were hesitant to just roll out another "nerf."

In a continuing effort to cater the game to a variety of different strategies, we hope to continue providing a generous treasure system while addressing the over supply of silver in the game generally. There are no more plans to reduce the prices of skins, and in fact, over the next few months players should be seeing a general increase in payouts, especially for players who have trained in the trading skill.

But, these increases will come with some new features effecting those who hunt exclusively to skin creatures. These hunting grounds may be subject to prowl by bandits if they observe parties in the area with performing an unusual amount of skinning. These particular bandits will carry an exceptional amount of treasure, and as usual, stolen items can be recovered upon dispatching the bandit and searching its corpse.

We hope these new changes prove exciting and not frustrating for adventurers!

GameMaster Sirinia
    Last edited by IorakeWarhammer; 05-06-2010 at 08:53 AM.

'features' always scares me.
    But I like the sound of what they've got planned.

If it were a real post, it would have come from Mestys or Sirinia or even Solomon.

Andraste is hardly in charge of the treasure system.

DOH!

Troll?
    ---------------------------------

R.I.P. Sparkle Motion

Blog Entries

Nice edit, moron.

I can't believe this treasure change omg!

Quote Originally Posted by IorakeWarhammer View Post
    Post From the Officials

Recent abuse of the treasure system by a handful of players has generated quite a bit of debate between GameMasters and other staff, prompting a general meeting on the topic last Tuesday. The negative impact on other players due to the devaluation of coins proved to be the consensus view, but many were hesitant to just roll out another "nerf."

In a continuing effort to cater the game to a variety of different strategies, we hope to continue providing a generous treasure system while addressing the over supply of silver in the game generally. There are no more plans to reduce the prices of skins, and in fact, over the next few months players should be seeing a general increase in payouts, especially for players who have trained in the trading skill.

But, these increases will come with some new features effecting those who hunt exclusively to skin creatures. These hunting grounds may be subject to prowl by bandits if they observe parties in the area with performing an unusual amount of skinning. These particular bandits will carry an exceptional amount of treasure, and as usual, stolen items can be recovered upon dispatching the bandit and searching its corpse.

We hope these new changes prove exciting and not frustrating for adventurers!

GameMaster Sirinia
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Showal View Post
    Cool story bro.
    Fixed.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by kookiegod View Post
    If it were a real post, it would have come from Mestys or Sirinia or even Solomon.

Andraste is hardly in charge of the treasure system.
    Kookiegod with the PWN hammer.