Page 51 of 153 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Bigshot: The New Optimus Prime

Boreus: Should be fixed. I wish I could test these before I uploaded them. >.>

Sub-Zero: herbheal should fix that problem. One thing you'll have to do though... since the last version of bigshot, the rubber-band effect should work better, but it'll also be going ALL THE TIME. So if a resting script takes you away from the group, you need that script to pause/unpause bigshot while it does so.
    Last edited by Alorn15; 06-24-2010 at 01:02 AM.
    ~ Azanoth

Discord: carnivale1523

Much improved man. Whatever was going on that was nearly freezing up stormfront appears to be solved. The tail / head thing is still broke in a new way, but at least I'm not dying before I can kill the script. Here's the error it threw after the tail bolted from the hunting ground without attacking and went to the rest spot.

[go2: travel time: 0:00:01]
    --- Lich: go2 has exited.
    | Fatal exception!
    --- Exception: undefined method `index' for #<ArgumentError: comparison of Time with 15 failed>
    bigshot:488:in `message'
    [bigshot]>stance defensive
    You are now in a defensive stance.
    >
    --- Lich: bigshot has exited.

Yeah, herbheal would work. I kinda forgot the tail scripts should be working now, but the main reason I overlooked that is because one of my characters is an empath. My rest routine has the empath heal the group and then eventually it goes down to herbheal for rank 2+3 scars. I think I have a workaround for that by just adding another set of heal scripts to run after all the waggling just to double-check. Should cover most of the issues with that, I hope.

New version up. Error should be fixed.

Please let me know if tail is still not following. Log would help.
    ~ Azanoth

Thank you sir.

Testing: Round 1, no errors and the tail stayed with the head. I'm rollin the dice and leavin it runnin while I go take care o some stuff. Will post results.

Edit: Seems stable after a few hours. No problems.

Edit again: The only problem I'm seein is that the head isn't waiting for the tail to get fried before resting. Head / tail still have mana above conditions required to rest, but the head just goes to rest cuz it's got a headfull. Other than that, it's workin great.
    Last edited by Bhaalizmo; 06-24-2010 at 02:18 PM.

6. Default

Did I say yet how much I'm lovin' dis?

- Smythe (bork?!)

Bhaalizmo - When that happens, what does the tail say was the rest reason? This may not tell us anything, as it could be displaying the reason it lasted the hunt before last... but... ehh....

I need to add a debug mode.
    ~ Azanoth

Well, I'm scrolling back thru there and I can't see where the tail says any reason for resting. The bigshot commands I see on the tail are...

| event: ATTACK
    | event: skipping attack because it's stale (because the head ran us back to rest)
    | event: HUNTING_SCRIPTS_STOP
    | event: RESTING_PREP_COMMANDS
    | event: RESTING_SCRIPTS_START
    | event: DISPLAY_WATCH
    | event: skipping_display_witch because it's stale

And that's it till the next hunt.
    | event: HUNTING_PREP_COMMANDS
    | event: CAST_SIGNS
    and so on

The head says
    | Bigshot: last rested because: fried

and when the head ran off to rest before the tail was fried it just says
    | Bigshot resting

Edit: Oh and every once in awhile it'll still do that thing where it starts running around and not attacking stuff it had previously attacked without a problem. Stopping / restarting the tail and head seems to fix this easily enough, but I think it could result in running around all night not killing anything.
    Last edited by Bhaalizmo; 06-24-2010 at 03:17 PM.

I dont think wait for enemy to swing is figured into the group hunting? They just walk in and swing away, without the critter swinging first. Solo hunting it waits...

Resting for tail wounds should be fixed.

There's a known minor bug in wait for swing that might be causing that, Fatsix. May be able to address it later tonight.
    ~ Azanoth