Page 5 of 153 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Bigshot: The New Optimus Prime

It seems to be poaching kills if there is a PC fighting an NPC in the starting room when you first get there

I'd like to see the use wand option if your out of mana. I'm back to using starsscream along with a bastardized version I use so my MA character can be dragged along and hunt because i got the wands to work with that. But Bigshot works so much better for group hunting I'd really love to be able to use t agin and have my wizard use a wand when he runs out of mana instead of just watching.

3. Default

I tried this out over the weekend. I seem to have some polling issues with DRb over my LAN, but I looked through all the DRb sections and they all look right to me. Didn't go much further, so it may be an issue somewhere else.

Problems Found:
    Tail'n members on second terminal on LAN will sometimes stop responding.(No Attacking)
    Leader will pass npc's that are viable targets.(think this is due to it thinking someone is not in the "group")

Quote Originally Posted by Tordane View Post
    I tried this out over the weekend. I seem to have some polling issues with DRb over my LAN, but I looked through all the DRb sections and they all look right to me. Didn't go much further, so it may be an issue somewhere else.

Problems Found:
    Tail'n members on second terminal on LAN will sometimes stop responding.(No Attacking)
    Leader will pass npc's that are viable targets.(think this is due to it thinking someone is not in the "group")
    The DRb address given only works over the same host. It's intended to function on a single computer, although could probably be modified to do otherwise.
    ~ Azanoth

Discord: carnivale1523

Quote Originally Posted by SanGreal View Post
    It seems to be poaching kills if there is a PC fighting an NPC in the starting room when you first get there
    Should be fixed.

As far as the wand thing goes... does starscream do this well? If it does, I'll just borrow the code.
    Last edited by Alorn15; 05-10-2010 at 12:04 PM.
    ~ Azanoth

It works alright, though it does still put good wands in my dead wand sack about 25% of the time, haven't been able to figure out why yet. Seems to be random, same messaging same wand and the one time it puts it in the harness (wand_sack) and the next in the cloak (wand_dead). But now it does put every wand that doesn't work in the cloak first try so I just started dumping the cloak intot he harness before I head out.

This is the code as I changed, with alot of help

if(!spell.affordable?)

if @wand_sack == "" || @wand_sack == "false" or !@wand_sack
    message("Can't wrack or not enabled, can't cast, no mana, life sucks, lets go rest");
    rest
    else
    message("Can't wrack, but not done hunting, try a wand!")
    fput "take wand from my #{@wand_sack}";
    fput "stance off";
    result = dothistimeout "wave wand at ##{npc.id}",1,/d100|dead/;
    if result.nil?
    fput "stance def";
    fput "put my wand in my #{@wand_dead}";
    else
    fput "stance def";
    fput "put my wand in my #{@wand_sack}";
    return
    end
    end
    end

7. Default

Code:
    result = dothistimeout "wave wand at ##{npc.id}",1,/d100|dead/;
    Maybe want to raise that timeout. That could cause it to return as nil if it lags.

So, in Starscream, do you then set "Rest at this mana percentage:" to be -1, or something else lower than the amount required to cast? Or does it work regardless of that?
    Last edited by Alorn15; 05-10-2010 at 06:38 PM.
    ~ Azanoth

I have it set to -1

I'm thinking about the best way to do this still. FYI, you can call scripts in your attack routine. E.G. your attack your routine can be the following:
    Code:
    script my_attack
    And bigshot will stand by until my_attack finishes. So that may be a temporary solution. I think you may even be able to do 'script my_attack target' and have the target id (preceded with #) be passed to the script.
    ~ Azanoth