Page 37 of 153 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Bigshot: The New Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Alorn15 View Post
    Maybe have haste.lic pause and unpause bigshot at the appropriate times?
    I'm no script writer or coder, I'm just bitin your flava. Could you give an example of the code required to accomplish this? (Or even better, update haste.lic with the code)

As far as going to a node, you could have the leader's pre-rest commands move you to a mapped room, and then the leader's active resting scripts use a script that moved you to a node.
    I'll try that on the next camp, Thanks. I'll likely ditch my follower as they'll have 1 second more RT than me when exiting grimswarmed rooms, but I can handle that. It's not like I'm trying to afk script warcamps. (yet)

Incidentally, I think you're very ambitious for using this in a warcamp
    Thank you, but you may have misunderstood my motivation. I'm just lazy.
    Last edited by Bhaalizmo; 06-17-2010 at 03:36 PM.

How do I make it (e.g.) that if I'm ;bigshot solo'ing, say, spectres, that if a spider crawls into the room, I can slice it and dice it, but if a troll walks in, I retreat? I want to work with flee if monstercount > 2, but yeah, what about the running from a specific critter? I have an issue where I can target spectres and spiders, but if there's just one in the room and a troll, which will likely fuck me up walks in, it doesn't flee because the monstercount is still 2.

There any workarounds? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

Stanley -
    That's what the "but don't count these" setting is for. It's underneath the flee count setting. Just put spider in there. Yeah, I think that's right. I think you use nouns. I should write this stuff down.
    ~ Azanoth

Discord: carnivale1523

I think he's looking for an "always flee from _______" option, which would indeed be handy. I might use it on Roa'ters so I could hunt Rotting Corpses, or in his case use it on Trolls so he can hunt spiders and spectres.

Edit: Oh and btw I've noticed that If I'm in a room hunting and have just killed a critter when another one runs in and exceeds my "run if monstercount > #" setting, I'll run without looting the deader. Not sure if this is intentional or not.
    Last edited by Bhaalizmo; 06-17-2010 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalizmo View Post
    I think he's looking for an "always flee from _______" option, which would indeed be handy.
    ^
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

Ahhh, yeah, I see. Yeah I can add that.

I want to hunt rotting corpses... I feel like ro'aters would still kill me though. Is there at least 5 seconds between when they enter the room and can burrow? I guess you could also have a hunting script to watch for the burrow and force rest.

EDIT: I wonder if you could set your flee count to 0 and move all valid targets to the 'don't count these' setting. So valid targets would be empty. That might work.
    Last edited by Alorn15; 06-17-2010 at 04:13 PM.
    ~ Azanoth

Discord: carnivale1523

7. Default

Ahhh, yeah, I see. Yeah I can add that.

I want to hunt rotting corpses... I feel like ro'aters would still kill me though. Is there at least 5 seconds between when they enter the room and can burrow? I guess you could also have a hunting script to watch for the burrow and force rest.
    They "can" pop out of a burrow for room entry, although rare.

Edit: Orly, I didn't know that. I thought they could only do the burrow thing on their initiative, which is usually spaced 3-5 seconds apart. Someone else may know more about this, but basically most critters can't walk into a room and attack/burrow/fart/whatever for another 3-5 seconds.
    Last edited by Bhaalizmo; 06-17-2010 at 04:11 PM.

One of the problems is that (some) spawning critters will activate a hostile mechanic on a PC faster than their base moving/attacking/prepping and/or gen'ing with an auto-prepped spell/idle scripts/etc. Edit: That is complete crap to me. Critters that take 9 seconds to do something should wait nine frickin' seconds before doing something after they spawn. Bah.
    Last edited by Stanley Burrell; 06-17-2010 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Bah, so sayeth I.

10. Default

Apologies if this has been addressed, but I just tried out the use wracking option and it doesn't seem to work with use wands. If I don't have enough mana to cast or enough spirit to wrack again it just stands there until my mana regens

I'm working around it for now by using a script that wracks as my first hunting command. Actually I guess I prefer this anyway, since I only want to wrack when I have 10 spirit or it kills my AS
    Last edited by SanGreal; 06-17-2010 at 05:27 PM.